For God's sake, add a timeout or something.

General Discussion
I'm sick of leaving games and not being able to join again because I lost connection for literally 1 second. And because of my current internet provider, this is an issue that I have constantly (losing connection for 1~5 seconds every 40 minutes).

This could be easily avoided if the game had a timeout system, like almost every game nowdays. Or at least an option to remember your credentials.
02/10/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ruseman
And because of my current internet provider, this is an issue that I have constantly (losing connection for 1~5 seconds every 40 minutes).

You shouldn't be playing comp in the first place if you're completely aware your internet has issues and the tendency to drop.
02/10/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ruseman
And because of my current internet provider, this is an issue that I have constantly (losing connection for 1~5 seconds every 40 minutes).

You shouldn't be playing comp in the first place if you're completely aware your internet has issues and the tenancy to drop.

Who said anything about comp. I can at least rejoin games in comp. But I still wouldn't have to if they added a timeout system, which would really benefit everyone.
02/10/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Ruseman
You shouldn't be playing comp in the first place if you're completely aware your internet has issues and the tenancy to drop.

Who said anything about comp. I can at least rejoin games in comp.

If you're talking about Quickplay though, then what's the big deal?

Who said anything about comp. I can at least rejoin games in comp.

If you're talking about Quickplay though, then what's the big deal?

The deal is that it's annoying and I lose XP and can potentially get the leaver penalty.
I had similar issues. I agree 100% that the client makes it an uphill battle to rejoin in <2 minutes. You should be able to stop it from trying to reconnect automatically, enter your credentials, and get all the way to 'Rejoin Match' button so you can 'one-press-and-done' the moment your connection returns.

Check your power cord. Many routers restart on even the most momentary loss of power. Replace power bar if you are using one. Not the most likely cause, but the easiest and fastest to fix.

Next time you disconnect, check fast on a mobile device to see if you also lost wifi. Also whether or not your router restarted (that was my issue). Bug your ISP about this and give them as much detail as possible. It's not acceptable service and they can and will fix it. I had to go through multiple phone calls and three home visits from my ISP techs, replacing the router with a new one TWICE, before my problem was resolved but it was worth it.

GLHF