Twitch Chat racism

General Discussion
I can't stand watching the overwatch leauge on twitch. Everytime someone says "monkey", everyone spams the black guy emotes. "Gorilla"? Same thing. Everytime they play on Horizon Lunar Colony, the chat floods with the N-word lazily disguised by using an exclamation point to replace the i. If the camera catches a GLIMPSE of a black man, they immediatly fill with the black men emotes. Overwath needs to take charge and fix this issue. Seeing as how Overwatch is a game filled with diverse characters and a wide range of players, its irresponsible for them to just ignore the racist comments on the OverwatchLeauge chat. These racist spammers get little to no punishment. Overwatch needs to do something about this and soon if they want to make Overwatch a safe place for everyone of all races to enjoy.
Highly Rated
Why are you watching the Twitch chat??

lmao they are edgy 12 year olds with keyboards.
You can always just hide the twitch chat Betty.
02/10/2018 05:00 PMPosted by alfislegend

Look for the little gray arrow near the top corner of the chat box. Click it, and make your chat-related issues disappear!
This is so...petty. I don't even. Are we going to complain about youtube comments next?
02/10/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Betty
Everytime someone says "monkey", everyone spams the black guy emotes.

classic twitch chat
Is it just me or is the Overwatch community a little too easily outraged?

Like, this is nothing new to internet chats. People are immature. Blizzard already censors a lot of stuff. Can't do it all.
When I watch it via Twitch instead of the OWL website, I either click the arrow that hides the chat box, or make the match fullscreen (my preferred viewing mode).

Why are you even bothering having that spam-box on the screen at all?
02/10/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Manular

Like, this is nothing new to internet chats. People are immature. Blizzard already censors a lot of stuff. Can't do it all.

People ignore problems as long as they are not their own.
you must be either 10 years old, or 40 years old

That's always been the case with the Blizzard community. I've been playing their games since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, and been a part of WoW since launch. It's always been that way.

I'm not saying it as a good or bad thing, just saying that it's nothing new around here.
02/10/2018 05:00 PMPosted by alfislegend

And the twitch chat can always not be racist alfislegend. OverwatchLeauge only has bots as moderators for some reason, which is actually asinine, especially for a game thats becoming an esport. Its very upsetting, trying to simply watch the game, only to see the chat trying to get away with saying the n-word every way possible.
02/10/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Grevier

I'm not ignoring them. You just cant do anything about them unless you just straight up disable the chat. I mean, theres only so much you can police.

Besides how is this not my problem? I don't like it. Don't tell me what is and isn't my problem.
dont like twitch memes? hide the memes! EZ Clap
02/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Manular
02/10/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Grevier

I'm not ignoring them. You just cant do anything about them unless you just straight up disable the chat. I mean, theres only so much you can police.

Besides how is this not my problem? I don't like it. Don't tell me what is and isn't my problem.

They could hire moderators.
They can, they won't.

I think it’s sad more people aren’t outraged at how kids act on the internet. It disgusts me. If this is our future, we’re going to hell in a hand basket.
You can always watch the matches live on the MLG website. You don't have to watch it on Twitch.
02/10/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Grevier
02/10/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Manular

They could hire moderators.
They can, they won't.

Because its not worth it. Just mute the chat.
Ever listened to a conversion between 12 y olds irl? Twitch chat is the internet version of that. Don't expect much of it.