Could someone one trick Mei?

Competitive Discussion
And if so what would be the best way to do so?
the same way someone one tricks any other hero. game after game after game map after map after map select Mei. Even if it's not working, even if you know she performs badly on a map and you are on that map. select Mei and never swap
Now you have become a mei one trick, good luck :)
I forget who it is but I know there is one mei one trick who is like 4600sr every season and it's riddiculious. I've been picking her up on my alt too. Basically just 2 shot headshot people with her right click and only use m1 to cc an ulting Winston or something.
02/13/2018 12:58 AMPosted by catgrease
02/12/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Kryogenek
the same way someone one tricks any other hero. game after game after game map after map after map select Mei. Even if it's not working, even if you know she performs badly on a map and you are on that map. select Mei and never swap
Now you have become a mei one trick, good luck :)
Mei is bad on a map? Which one?

i think all at this moment
02/13/2018 03:09 AMPosted by abandoned
I forget who it is but I know there is one mei one trick who is like 4600sr every season and it's riddiculious. I've been picking her up on my alt too. Basically just 2 shot headshot people with her right click and only use m1 to cc an ulting Winston or something.
Jardio (he’s insanely good)
Jardio isn't a one trick, although Mei is his best. His RMB flick shots and wall usage are pretty damn amazing.

Still he plays Tracer, Sombra, Soldier and other heroes when it's hard to carry with Mei.
Easy, choose the hero and never switch, even if you are getting completely shut down and your team is politely asking you to switch to another hero because you aren’t doing anything you just keep playing Mei and losing. In fact that’s just how you one trick in general. (I’m not a fan of one tricks)
I love Mei but she just feels a bit weak to be able to one trick with her . I can understand why someone would one trick Sym/Torb or Bastion for example because they deal tons of dmg. other than annoying the hell out of people you don't do lots of dmg unless you are a great shot. That's in my opinion anyway.
I played a LOT of Mei in past seasons. She needs a SLIGHT buff. Nothing world-changing, but maybe something like a slightly faster rate of fire on her ice spike, or something like that. I'm not even sure about that.

Mei is so situational. There are some maps where she's perfect: Hanamura, Lijang, Anubis, Nepal... I think she's best on CP maps, and less useful on payload or hybrid maps, although there are SURE to be a lot of players that swear by her on every type of map. But I find that control point maps bring out her strength, which is area denial. One Mei ult right in the middle of a control point clears the point instantly, or it makes lots of popsicles for your team to kill.

That's the thing about Mei, she's off-meta, but she can create opportunities for other team members, if they know to shoot the frozen bad-guys. She can take out almost any DPS or support player solo, but she has more trouble solo-killing a tank unless that tank is already nearly dead. Don't try to take on a Roadhog by yourself by going toe-to-toe, or a Rein. She'll get wasted without help in those situations.

One thing Mei does about as good as you could possibly want: she can lock down a Genji VERY easily. He has to get in range of her to use his powerful melee attack, which makes him vulnerable to her freeze ray. He can shoot her from range, but then so can she. And he can't deflect her freeze ray, and once he's frozen, a single ice spike to the head will finish him. And Genji mains almost never switch off, so the kills can keep coming. You'd be amazed how many Genji mains don't realize how weak he is against Mei.
Step 1: Sell your soul to the devil
Step 2: Get and SSD for highspeed instalocking
Step 3: Mark Mei's space in the select hero screen with permament marker
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit
I've got a Mei one trick account that's been floating around mid diamond for a few seasons now, get in a lot of practice with her right click and figure out where you can essentially make your own choke points. She's also fairly strong on most of the new maps people seem to hate. Depending on if you have a tank or not you might need to use walls more defensively, generally as long as you split and CC the enemy team in fights you should be able to do some work with her.