Making fun of Mercy Mains Now

General Discussion
01/31/2018 12:58 PMPosted by righthere
It's a different genre, but this reminds me of the Wizards of the Coast D&D 4th edition fiasco. They were making radical changes to the game system that a portion of their player base disliked. Instead of engaging these people, they spent considerable time mocking these people relentlessly.

As you can imagine, this upset a lot of people who fled to other games. This did serious damage to the player community as well as the company's bottom line. It took them the better part of a decade to rebuild the goodwill they threw away.

Like I said different genre, and situation for that matter. Just brought up a memory.

Here is a thing. People have emotional banks. We all do. You can fill it up which garners trust, happiness, content, ect.

You can also make a withdrawal. Everyone is going to have deposits and withdrawals from time to time. The problem is when you start getting too many withdrawals or perhaps just a big one. A bank isn’t unlimited. You can overdraw. Blizzard may have made a large withdrawal here. Will that be good or bad? I don’t know. However, people only have so much in the bank.
It's a different genre, but this reminds me of the Wizards of the Coast D&D 4th edition fiasco. They were making radical changes to the game system that a portion of their player base disliked. Instead of engaging these people, they spent considerable time mocking these people relentlessly.

As you can imagine, this upset a lot of people who fled to other games. This did serious damage to the player community as well as the company's bottom line. It took them the better part of a decade to rebuild the goodwill they threw away.

Like I said different genre, and situation for that matter. Just brought up a memory.
I certainly remember that, and the rise of Pathfinder. Yes, it took years and years for Wizards brands to recover. With the recent string of controversies OWL has something of a black eye. This video will not help the efforts to rehabilitate that image.
I did not get the joke. We should laught about rework noone asked for and balance problems for half a year or what?

Anyway that was cringe... I need to take a short walk because of embarrassment...
I'm surprised they even made that video. It's only going to upset those already upset about the nerf. Just more bad PR for OWL.
That guy pulls off the beard and Mercy wig in a way that has me confused in a pants way.
01/31/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Ský
Resurrect is listed as an ability. So how exactly is it enhanced now?
It's enhanced in the fact that it automatically kills you upon use.
Well, somebody is about to get fired....
Blizzard game btw
Happy to see OWL viewership declining, preying it fails and crashes.
01/31/2018 01:16 PMPosted by creek

Here is a thing. People have emotional banks. We all do. You can fill it up which garners trust, happiness, content, ect.

You can also make a withdrawal. Everyone is going to have deposits and withdrawals from time to time. The problem is when you start getting too many withdrawals or perhaps just a big one. A bank isn’t unlimited. You can overdraw. Blizzard may have made a large withdrawal here. Will that be good or bad? I don’t know. However, people only have so much in the bank.

The true question is are there more butt hurt Mercy mains? or are there more happy OW players?

I'm willing to bet the latter.
01/31/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Arena25
Well, somebody is about to get fired....

y ? I mean, its even better that the players know that the company doesn't give a f* about them.
01/31/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Thrillho
Toxicity coming from Overwatch League? No, not possible. No way. OWL is the land of sunshine and rainbows where no one would ever make homophobic remarks, or throw their matches, or have alt-right memes posted by the team organizations themselves. They'd never kick a segment of the player base while they're down. Sounds completely out of character.

end sarcasm

someone really hates de wae....

This resonates. Feels like Blizz earning easy points with the CoD gamerbro community with that style of 'humor'.
You lied to me. I was expecting something remotely entertaining, and what you provided was unfunny garbage. I feel as disrespected as the Mercy Mains.

In all seriousness though, I don't know who thought it would be funny to make fun of the players whom they just told they weren't allowed to have fun or be useful, but if I were you, Blizzard, I'd fire that man/ woman, because that is bad publicity. All this did was show us how immature you are, and that you really don't care about your player base, specifically the majority of your player base. I'd say I'm disappointed in you Blizzard, or that I'm surprised, but you've been disappointing me for a long time.
I'm confused as to why Blizzard supports this kind of transphobic garbage. If people want to make fun, more power to them, but Blizzard as an organization that claims to fight toxicity and promote inclusiveness has some explaining and apologizing to do here.
01/31/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Mercury
I'm confused as to why Blizzard supports this kind of transphobic garbage. If people want to make fun, more power to them, but Blizzard as an organization that claims to fight toxicity and promote inclusiveness has some explaining and apologizing to do here.

what, because they had DoA dress up as mercy? that's transophobic? Explain to me how a man dressing as a woman is targeting transgenders.

Transophobic is people in Brazil getting shot for coming out. Not this. Get a grip.
01/31/2018 03:03 PMPosted by kosaba11
You lied to me. I was expecting something remotely entertaining, and what you provided was unfunny garbage. I feel as disrespected as the Mercy Mains.

In all seriousness though, I don't know who thought it would be funny to make fun of the players whom they just told they weren't allowed to have fun or be useful, but if I were you, Blizzard, I'd fire that man/ woman, because that is bad publicity. All this did was show us how immature you are, and that you really don't care about your player base, specifically the majority of your player base. I'd say I'm disappointed in you Blizzard, or that I'm surprised, but you've been disappointing me for a long time.

I’m disappointed also. Low blow and bad PR in disrespecting their own player base after destroying a beloved hero.
The joke is really on them, they thought it was a good idea to introduce Valkyrie as a 20 second ability with 4 instant rezzes to begin with.
Insulting and deliberate trying to incite your fanbase in the new cool thing to do.
Just ask longtime Star Wars fans.
Cringeworthy borefest as everything else connected to this joke of a league.
See this is why when people say they're balancing for the OWL, that's not true. They're balancing for toxic people. The ones that have had their pitchforks after Mercy for quite a while. This is just confirmation that they're on the same page as them.