What are we expected to do when playing Mercy?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Since it appears I cannot start a discussion about how playing Mercy is boring now, I'll rephrase the question:

What Blizzard expects from Mercy during matches? What is her designed place? In other words, how the new Mercy is has been designed to fit the different compositions?
healer
Um, heal her allies? Damage boost allies when they're all at full HP?

Mercy has a movement ability on a tiny cooldown
She can still resurrect
She can damage boost
She passively regenerates HP
She can fly in her ult and heal or damage boost everyone

You're acting like they removed her ability to even heal. Now all Blizzard need to do is a MMR reset and the game will be ace.
Highly Rated
Thou shall stand back and hold LMB/RMB. In ult, your abilities are magnified, so you can stand back and hold LMB/RMB even harder. At least that seems to be the official perception of her gameplay.
Really man? Ok I'll play your game.

You're supposed to... heal. Rez. Shoot (when necessary). Play the object. Be a team player. And last but not least, swap out when your hero isn't a viable pick against the enemy team.

Just. Like. Everyone. Else.
01/31/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Mercy
Since it appears I cannot start a discussion about how playing Mercy is boring now, I'll rephrase the question:

What Blizzard expects from Mercy during matches? What is her designed place? In other words, how the new Mercy is has been designed to fit the different compositions?

to continue to be a great throughput healer with a good damage boost and a (potentially) fight winning ultimate? i dunno.

it's kind of on Mercy players to figure out how she is best used and not to ask Blizzard what they expect a day after the patch has gone live.

if she's garbage and confusing to use in 2 weeks then the complaints are warranted
Press Q 3 seconds earlier. Everything else is pretty much the same.
To die. If you don't, she'll be nerf again in no time
01/31/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Tarshaid
Thou shall stand back and hold LMB/RMB. In ult, your abilities are magnified, so you can stand back and hold LMB/RMB even harder. At least that seems to be the official perception of her gameplay.

vs doing all this and occasionally hitting e/q?

> old mercy: "stand back and hold LMB/RMB until hitting Q to reverse a fight, then do the same thing the instant after"
> new mercy: "stand back and hold LMB/RMB and hit E every 30s. Then ult, and do exactly what you were doing before except now you can fly"
if you still want to play her, play her as you normally would. If you do res, get creative with it. Pull out your pistol more. Damage boost as necessary. Nothing really has changed much with her kit. I like to use her ult preemptively for pushes instead of reactively, but she is no longer a crutch or a necessity to win. Just try to make fun of her dulled down kit if you have to OP if you still want to play her. :)
The only thing that has changed from Mercy 1.0 to Mercy 2.0 now is her ult.

She gets rez as an E. She had no E before.

Ult got changed from mass Rez to Valkyrie.

It's like DVA asking what she does now after she got changed.
They expect you to not play her.. they made her trash on purpose you know...
Heal, Heal, Heal. You'll rarely get any time to damage boost with how people love to take unnecessary damage, which is fine but still it's unnecessary. Then you no longer have to save Valk but even then it's a pretty crap ult, other healers can save lives or massively buff allies but Mercy's is literally just a much worse Zen trans and Supercharger that provides more for herself than it does for her teammates.
What are we expected to do when playing Mercy?
Like...heal?
01/31/2018 02:40 PMPosted by greyleopardd
01/31/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Mercy

to continue to be a great throughput healer with a good damage boost and a (potentially) fight winning ultimate? i dunno.

it's kind of on Mercy players to figure out how she is best used and not to ask Blizzard what they expect a day after the patch has gone live.

if she's garbage and confusing to use in 2 weeks then the complaints are warranted

You have a basic design for how to play a hero when you make a decision to release or modify it. It is kind of stupid to say that Blizzard should just leave to the players when they wouldn't have changed her without an intended gameplay loop different from the one actually being used. Leaving it up to the players got us into this mess.
Literally just heal and then push Q to heal better.
I get that she's boring now but why are so many Mercy players acting like she isn't viable? what a joke
They certainly made her ult boring. Now, she can just top everyone up at the same time, and fly. She's still good, and almost as fun to play, but now her ult is about as exciting as Symmetra's.
01/31/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Fendalton
Now all Blizzard need to do is a MMR reset and the game will be ace.
No.

I shouldn't have to tell you why this would be a terrible, terrible idea. Just, no.
I do not understand what degree of boredom would have changed by nerfing her. If you find her gameplay boring, rightfully so, it has nothing to do with her state itself. Her gameplay remains exactly the same. So I do not catch your drift.