If you aren't solo queing, you aren't at your true rank.

Competitive Discussion
Eh, i do a mixture of duoing and solo. I don't duo because I "can't handle my rank and need someone to carry me" I hold my own just fine when soloing and honestly win more when I do go solo versus duo. (Even though the one I duo with is slightly higher than me.) I dunno, just thought I'd chime that in. My rank is usually right around/just below masters though I stopped playing for a week or so cuz.. eh xD but he. Stack or not, if you can work with the team I don't care whether youre grouped up with an individual or not. The stacks who go in only focused on themselves or boosting are the ones who really need to get a kick to the right elo
02/11/2018 10:21 PMPosted by RobotWizard
What makes you think the default competitive play mode is solo-queue?

Launches Overwatch...

1. "Play" =>
2. "Competitive Play" =>
3. ???
02/11/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Ace0fClubs
02/11/2018 06:09 PMPosted by SleepyBear

Me too. I wish I could see my soloq vs grouped winrate.

Hey, I'm going to do it. I'm going to confront the head office with deeper investigation. We'll get to the bottom of this!

I don't think its an issue on their end. I just think its funny.
Stacks play against stacks, so they are facing the higher synergy and superior comp choice that they are supposedly benefiting from over a solo guy. Attack Torb and 4 dps comps are on the enemy team roughly as often as they are on your team, what's your point?
For me Solo comp queue is like doing a street basketball game in a park with stranger.
6-stack is doing it with a club.

I'm doing duo and solo comp queue but it's not a true comp mode. The one saying that stack are boosted are in the wrong. It's the stack who is at this true SR. If they are loosing SR, it's because they are outside their "club" and don't have the reflex with stranger.

But most of gamer this day are soo lazy and refuse to loss/spend time to find mate to create a team or to have some social interaction with other gamers.

Blizzard should focus on the club/Clan/whatever name part to improve the comp.
I'd like to think that what he's saying is a player who's managed to reach Diamond completely via solo queue versus another player who's reached Diamond in stacks have a higher level of game sense/skill when compared side by side. To me this shows that the solo player has gone through so much in terms of making every game and every team composition work while the stack never has to worry about team composition.

This would lead me to believe that if a stack breaks up, they are unable to deal with "off comps" at a Diamond level and thus may cause them to lose more games due to playing outside their comfort level. While if the solo queue player goes from solo to stack, they would be a great asset to the stack.

It's not a discussion about how to rank up. It's comparing how the skillsets vary between a solo and a stack player when you take the two of them in the same SR range.
02/10/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Trump
Perfect example is a youtuber I won't name. Before the SR nerf of winstreaks, he got diamond in literally 10 hours at silver rank, in a six stack. He now solo ques at gold. The same applys to Plats in diamond who duo and so forth. You aren't good as you think compared to the guy that solo ques specifically.

6-stacking hurts your sr gains.
Stack game play is harder than solo queue being player mistakes are punished quicker and much more harshly. It's a tougher game and so I don't see how people think solo queue, the lesser of two way to play, make for a better player. Being the games in solo are just not as team focuses, so neither are the players. If stack vs stack is a harder game, then winning those games show more then winning pure solo. It's why I always found solo play so much easier than stack play as far as the level of expected team work actions.

The proof of that is in how solo players whine and moan about having to face stacks. The simple fact is solo queue is more sloppy. Less team work, less direct team actions like say picking a Zarya + Lucio to help a Rein charge into the other team like a wedge breaker.

So with in that sloppy game play of less team work you can get away with more sloppy play yourself. All solo teams will not counter pick as quickly or shift tactics from from round to round as smoothly. So a large chunk of what solo queue players can get away with is due only to weaker team work, not being an all around better player.

that said, I would not mind a solo queue now just for the tighter MMR tolerance it would bring to match making.
02/10/2018 10:17 PMPosted by LinkTheTiger
02/10/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Trump
It's facts. Stop hating on the underdog if you haven't done so, because you are only embarrassing yourself.

Not true.
This game is based around team work. If I'm playing with random players that I don't know my base team work with them is as low as it comes hindering yourself, there's a reason pro teams are based off of team chemistry if they expect to do well at all.
Because 6 bronze players together doesn't make a bronze level team.
Some people just work better in groups. I'll solo in QP all day long, but in comp I'll only play in a 5-6 stack because I get way too tense when playing with strangers since communication is much more vital there. The team game, working with people you gel with, is so much more enjoyable because you get to work out who fits where and have time to get used to everyone's styles. Yeah, you get put up against other more coordinated groups, but I can say that the games feel so much better.

So maybe if we were to solo we wouldn't climb like we do as a team, but that doesn't make our rank any less earned. We always play as a team. We win as a team, lose as a team, and rank up as a team.

We never have to worry about throwers, leavers, or inconvenient one tricks who we have to play around. We're having fun and slowly moving up together. It's a great experience!
lmao i love how people are spewing this soloque > stacked skill non-sense.

Stacks get matched vs other stacks through the mmr system. My games duoing or trio-ing are 100 times harder than soloque. Instead of you + a noob team Vs 6 noobs it is you + your duo + 4 noobs/decent players vs enemy duo+ 4 noobs. Often times that duo is at the peak of skill for their ranks.

My main is 3450 soloqued rank.
This account peaked at nearly 3100 whilst stacking (although 6 dc's in a row into a few throwers cost me some sr at peak rank i can confirm that stacking is less personally rewarding, but more emotionally rewarding)

I only stack because i like having someone to talk to, because the toxic atmosphere in comp has led many to drop from voice comms and not join even if asked nicely.
02/12/2018 03:31 AMPosted by predat0r
02/11/2018 10:21 PMPosted by RobotWizard
What makes you think the default competitive play mode is solo-queue?

Launches Overwatch...

1. "Play" =>
2. "Competitive Play" =>
3. ???

I launch overwatch and get invited into a group almost immediately. So what is your point?

Overwatch is a team game, maybe it should be a hint to you that just maybe, forming a team is the way you go.
02/12/2018 07:44 AMPosted by MuMuHoxai
While if the solo queue player goes from solo to stack, they would be a great asset to the stack.

It's not a discussion about how to rank up. It's comparing how the skillsets vary between a solo and a stack player when you take the two of them in the same SR range.

The soloqer would have to learn to be in a stack

He needs to learn to dive as a group, use group callout, which map tactics the group is using. What the fallback composition the group uses if plan A fails.

What the default holding positions are, the general order that group goes after targets in. How to use comms in a group. Etc

More importantly they have to learn that they need these things. Picking up a random into an established group is ok, but it takes time for the random to be effective if they don't get group play.
True. Only way to know where the matchmaker really wants you is to start a new account and play 100% solo
This is so true. When I was top 500 I would always come up against the same 3 or 4 man's all the time. All too scared to play on their own...
02/10/2018 10:17 PMPosted by LinkTheTiger
02/10/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Trump
It's facts. Stop hating on the underdog if you haven't done so, because you are only embarrassing yourself.

Not true.
This game is based around team work. If I'm playing with random players that I don't know my base team work with them is as low as it comes hindering yourself, there's a reason pro teams are based off of team chemistry if they expect to do well at all.
You my friend, speak sense. Play on and prosper :)
The fact that you're playing a team game, and you decide to get a mic and q w/ other people is proof you're better than a solo q-er...solo q-ing, especially w/o a mic, is just plain dumb and warrants dropping.

I always play differently when q-ing w/ other players...I don't push as hard, I communicate more, I listen b/c my teammates ALL have mics, and I play Ana/Zen almost exclusively which I'm better at than the DPS/Tanks I play at times when solo q-ing.

Not sure what you're basing your argument on. Maybe you feel you carry people and are bitter about it. Maybe you feel that guys that are Master are such good hit scans that they can solo or group q and not affect their rank. Maybe you're just trolling. Either way, you have no real proof or good argument to justify the validity of your opinion.
I would honestly say you are probably never your true rank. It's a team game. You could be carrying and some really bad player can still drag your entire team down, regardless of how well you are doing. Or a disconnect/leaver can happen, and that pretty much seals the game.

This is a problem with Overwatch competitive. Literally a freaking gamble when you queue, regardless if you are with friends or not. One bad teammate is doom for the entire team.

At least in League, if someone is being bad, someone else can carry much easier if they are doing well. That's why League is superior to Overwatch in design.
02/10/2018 10:32 PMPosted by ZekeShining
02/10/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Soul
It's honestly not up for debate, anyone who stacks constantly for rank are actually lower than the rank they are at. It's fact. Or else they wouldn't stack.

So, if I have really good skill, but I keep getting griefing and throwing teammates and losing because of that, then I deserve it?
That's basically what you are saying.

To quote what other jerk 'Elites' have said when others complain about these griefers and throwers:

'Git Gud'

Really idiotic reply isn't it?