I Hope The New Hero Is Younger Than 30...

General Discussion
02/13/2018 12:58 PMPosted by kissiebear
02/13/2018 12:53 PMPosted by VexTheHex
Junkrat (Designed to be ugly/annoying)

RUDE.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/XKFCDJ6OHI0F1458102034310.png

https://comic.playoverwatch.com/issues/overwatch/3/en-us/pages/8/8-3.jpg

I like the guy, but they clearly don't try to make him look good looking. Even Moira and Mercy look younger than him compared to how they showcase him at times. :/
02/13/2018 01:03 PMPosted by VexTheHex
I like the guy, but they clearly don't try to make him look good looking. Even Moira and Mercy look younger than him compared to how they showcase him at times. :/

You have a handsome S76 skin if you want young handsome looking guys. A lot of people like Junkrat and actually genuinely think he's attractive - there is about a mountain of fanart that doesn't agree with your statement.

It's all subjective tbh.
02/13/2018 12:53 PMPosted by VexTheHex
Junkrat (Designed to be ugly/annoying)

He's designed to look like a rat. Thin face, protruding eyes and a long and pointy nose. When I hear his high-pitched giggling and see his erratic movements in the selection screen, that's what I'm thinking about. He has to have been made with a rat in mind.
02/13/2018 01:09 PMPosted by kissiebear

You have a handsome S76 skin if you want young handsome looking guys. A lot of people like Junkrat and actually genuinely think he's attractive - there is about a mountain of fanart that doesn't agree with your statement.

It's all subjective tbh.

No, I don't count a "This is what they looked like 30 years ago" skin as us having that type of Heroes. If that counted, then we also have another Junker (DVA) and don't need the Queen cause we already have 3 Junkers including a female.

And fanart is not a valid excuse. I guess we have = representation since there is genderbend fanart of everyone. So if you want to say Roadhog is a young, pretty, and skinny female... you can cause there is fanart of it?
If anyone remembers, Moira was 1 Year Old until they finally changed it on the site.
02/13/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Luyânaum

He's designed to look like a rat. Thin face, protruding eyes and a long and pointy nose. When I hear his high-pitched giggling and see his erratic movements in the selection screen, that's what I'm thinking about. He has to have been made with a rat in mind.

That kind of promotes what I'm saying about him. He was designed to be on the ugly/rat side of appearances. Moira looks more appealing than him, and do people remember the rage threads about her not being pretty enough for Overwatch female roster?

Just saying I don't mind old, ugly guys or pretty, young females.

But we clearly are lacking in handsome, young guys while we are more certainly not lacking in pretty, young females.
I know it may come as a shock to many of you but

30 is not "old".
The Overwatch world revolves around the Overwatch organisation and the Omnic Crisis, and both the major players in characters like Ana, or the repercussions in heroes like Sombra, have had decades to mature.

Not that I dislike a lot of the cast being the "old guard" so to speak, but the "new" generation in heroes like Lucio, Dva and Orisa have gotten not all that much screen time so to speak.
02/13/2018 01:11 PMPosted by VexTheHex
No, I don't count a "This is what they looked like 30 years ago" skin as us having that type of Heroes. If that counted, then we also have another Junker (DVA) and don't need the Queen cause we already have 3 Junkers including a female.

And fanart is not a valid excuse. I guess we have = representation since there is genderbend fanart of everyone. So if you want to say Roadhog is a young, pretty, and skinny female... you can cause there is fanart of it?

I'm saying beauty is subjective. What you find "attractive" is not what I or others may. So the request is narrow to fit your specific needs.

I point out the mountain of fanart because a lot of people PERSONALLY find that junkrat is attractive TO THEM. It's not gross or comedy. it's the traditional shippy fanart. He's very popular. And the same goes for roadhog. just because something doesn't fit YOUR needs doesn't mean it's lacking. it means it doesn't fit your needs. that's all. i'm sorry you want a 20 year old traditional hot dude and you can't find that here. im sure there will be one eventually. or you can pick up other games to scratch that itch.
02/13/2018 01:18 PMPosted by kissiebear

I'm saying beauty is subjective. What you find "attractive" is not what I or others may. So the request is narrow to fit your specific needs.

I point out the mountain of fanart because a lot of people PERSONALLY find that junkrat is attractive TO THEM. It's not gross or comedy. it's the traditional shippy fanart. He's very popular. And the same goes for roadhog. just because something doesn't fit YOUR needs doesn't mean it's lacking. it means it doesn't fit your needs. that's all. i'm sorry you want a 20 year old traditional hot dude and you can't find that here. im sure there will be one eventually. or you can pick up other games to scratch that itch.

But traditional beauty and standards would put Junkrat in the ugly category. If you really think Junkrat was made or viewed to be as attractive as DVA, Mercy, Widow, or Tracer than you really are putting on blinders. All of those ladies were clearly made to be beautiful and well liked for their features. Meanwhile Junkrat was made to look "rat" like and have features that make him unappealing like dirty, loud, and annoying to the rest of the cast. Heroes like Sombra or Mercy do not have those features in the slightest.

If "Roadhog" is a model of beauty then why don't we have females heroes designed to be like him? Obese and older... wait there is none cause that isn't "appealing." While some may find him handsome, he is far from what most young straight women or young gay men look for in terms of someone being attractive in the physical sense.

And why is it wrong for me to say it'd be nice to have some handsome young guys? The female cast has that base covered...
I think it would be cool to see a bada** teen on the field. I mean we know they can do great things in the OW universe because we have Efi.

But it depends. If it is something like Liao, I would still be very happy. Or Hammond or Sanjay or Junker Queen. But we also have a great roster with people of all races, sexualities, genders, an age.
02/13/2018 01:26 PMPosted by VexTheHex
If "Roadhog" is a model of beauty then why don't we have females heroes designed to be like him? Obese and older... wait there is none cause that isn't "appealing."

Obviously Roadhog is the pinnacle of beauty, I'm sorry you can't see that.

But why are you complaining about not having any young, handsome males? I mean.. Lucio? He's like 26 I think? And definitely not ugly.
02/13/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Wonderful
If "Roadhog" is a model of beauty then why don't we have females heroes designed to be like him? Obese and older... wait there is none cause that isn't "appealing."

But why are you complaining about not having any young, handsome males? I mean.. Lucio? He's like 26 I think? And definitely not ugly.

That's 1 guy. Is it wrong to ask for a couple more? No, it's not.

And if Roadhog is beautiful, would you mind all the female heroes being remodeled to be as heavy as him with grey hair and masks on? I know the answer will be "yes" but the truth is people would flip out afterall some people flipped out about Moira not being pretty enough.
02/13/2018 01:46 PMPosted by VexTheHex
02/13/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Wonderful

That's 1 guy. Is it wrong to ask for a couple more? No, it's not.

And if Roadhog is beautiful, would you mind all the female heroes being remodeled to be as heavy as him with grey hair and masks on? I know the answer will be "yes" but the truth is people would flip out afterall some people flipped out about Moira not being pretty enough.

I was being sarcastic. Roadhog is obviously not the pinnacle of beauty. But for your reasoning, his body or age doesn't make him ugly either.

And mind you, 30 isn't old. That's not even mid-life. Compared to some of the cast? McCree, Genji, and Hanzo are still quite young and plenty handsome.
If you really think Junkrat was made or viewed to be as attractive as DVA, Mercy, Widow, or Tracer than you really are putting on blinders. All of those ladies were clearly made to be beautiful and well liked for their features.

If "Roadhog" is a model of beauty then why don't we have females heroes designed to be like him? Obese and older... wait there is none cause that isn't "appealing." While some may find him handsome, he is far from what most young straight women or young gay men look for in terms of someone being attractive in the physical sense.

Would you say that Moira was designed to be ugly ? I remember the forum's reactions when she was announced, people thought she was trans because a woman couldn't be that ugly without having being born a man. However, she's not fat, dirty, or loud. There was a ton of threads about Efi being ugly too. Yet the complains about Junkrat and Roadhog's looks only pop up when someone asks for younger and cleaner male characters. The beauty standarts for women are much higher than men, and you know it. We see this everywhere.

It's ok to wish for characters that fit your tastes, but it's wrong to say that it's because the ones we have are designed with bad tastes. Most people find Junkrat and Roadhog unattractive, but I think that's important to note that being ugly ( subjective ) is a consequence of the freaky, disturbing, misery style they wanted them to have. I don't think they were made to be plain ugly, and a part of the player base definitely finds them handsome, there's a reason for that.
02/13/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Nova

Age has nothing to do with experience.

what you describe is more like final fantesy edgy teenagers.

I think we need one white-young-straight-European-male though. All european male characters are pretty old.
This is no place for children -Widowmaker
02/13/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Wonderful

I was being sarcastic. Roadhog is obviously not the pinnacle of beauty. But for your reasoning, his body or age doesn't make him ugly either.

And mind you, 30 isn't old. That's not even mid-life. Compared to some of the cast? McCree, Genji, and Hanzo are still quite young and plenty handsome.

I'm closer to 30 than 20. My whole point is that it'd be nice to get some guys age range 20-30's that are designed to be more attractive. I don't even view McCree or Hanzo as "old" but they clearly were designed to look older than their actual age. They both look more mid 40's than 30's and both look older than Moira and Mercy. Genji is a mess though (missing most of his body? what female has that issue?) and from his orginal design could be a omnic without having to even alter his design.

I don't mind deformed or older males. Junkrat is one of my favorites, but i can clearly say from the game he is no good looker as they even have portions of his hair missing even in Beachrat. I don't mind the females being pretty and designed more for the fanart. I'm just saying it'd be cool to get a few more handsome/younger guys.

02/13/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Luyânaum
If you really think Junkrat was made or viewed to be as attractive as DVA, Mercy, Widow, or Tracer than you really are putting on blinders. All of those ladies were clearly made to be beautiful and well liked for their features.

Would you say that Moira was designed to be ugly ? I remember the forum's reactions when she was announced, people thought she was trans because a woman couldn't be that ugly without having being born a man. However, she's not fat, dirty, or loud. There was a ton of threads about Efi being ugly too. Yet the complains about Junkrat and Roadhog's looks only pop up when someone asks for younger and cleaner male characters. The beauty standarts for women are much higher than men, and you know it. We see this everywhere.

It's ok to wish for characters that fit your tastes, but it's wrong to say that it's because the ones we have are designed with bad tastes. Most people find Junkrat and Roadhog unattractive, but I think that's important to note that being ugly ( subjective ) is a consequence of the freaky, disturbing, misery style they wanted them to have. I don't think they were made to be plain ugly, and a part of the player base definitely finds them handsome, there's a reason for that.

I love Moira tbh. I think she is awesome and don't find her ugly. BUT, I also was here when people were making tons of threads about how ugly she was. And I'm just saying Moira looks younger and more attractive than most of the guys. Efi is a kid, so the only people concerned she was pretty enough were creeps. And tbh, black women in video games usually get the biggest complaints, see Rochelle from L4D2 as another example of that. Even Symmetra gets overlooked in "beauty" threads even though she is pretty.

I'm just saying it'd be cool to have some handsome guys in their younger years. I'm cool with all types of heroes, but I personally feel we lack many eye candy males. I don't mind and support more females as well that fit that, but I feel they have that base covered when even the less popular females like Moira or Symmetra actually look younger and healthier than most of the guys.
02/13/2018 11:54 AMPosted by kissiebear
02/13/2018 11:21 AMPosted by cactusberry
It's cool to see female characters (since a lot of male characters in games are already old) that are awesome and 30+

A lot of the heroes are under 30 as well - so I'm confused about the complaint. Junkrat, Lucio, Sombra, DVA, Zarya, Symmetra, Tracer. All under 30.

The rest are either non-human or over 30 which is awesome. I think we've got a good mix here.

And that doesn't include Efi who is literally a kid.
Sombra isn't under 30, she is 30.