I Hope The New Hero Is Younger Than 30...

General Discussion
Why does age matter O.o it's just a game, not a dating site lol. Just play the game and be happy for the heroes we get.
I get why people like having characters their age in video games, lord knows when I was 16 I thought it was cool in shows and games when the MC was my age. But now that I'm older, I get uneasy when there's people under like 20 in fighting games and stuff. Like you're killing a child...
Tracer's 26y/o and she was a "new" member at the time. There wouldn't be too mny young people to recall.
I'm gonna blow your mind.... Zen is 20!
eh i wouldn't consider most heroes old

even hanzo is not even middle aged yet and he is 38

most heroes are below 40 which is fine tbh
It's hard for heroes to be less than 30 since 40 years old seems to be about 23 in Overwatch Years.
02/13/2018 12:58 PMPosted by kissiebear
02/13/2018 12:53 PMPosted by VexTheHex
Junkrat (Designed to be ugly/annoying)

RUDE.

I was JUST about to write that, thank you for sticking up for the trashboy.
I honestly find him to be one of the more attractive dudes in the game, not only for the sake of appearance but I find aspects of his personality pretty attractive too. Plus that smile and those eyes, precious. Love it. A+ boy.
Most people even in their early to mid twenties are still quite naive and inexperienced about life in general.
I'm actually a little against us adding a stereo-typical pretty boy to this game.
I get that they did that with a lot of the initial females - but Blizzard heard the community ask for more diverse broader characters.
People didnt ask for unrealistic final fantasy garbage beauty standards - they asked for characters they could identify with.
We got a shorter larger ice master, a tall slender androgenous scientist, a couple of arguably somewhat accurate Aussie nutters. I like this diversity a lot. If I wanted young male eye candy - then I'd play one of he 1001 games that give that.

Please don't turn my enjoyable diverse landscape into a game full of anime poster boys. Give me an ugly 50 year old with a wicked back story and cool mechanics any day.
Zenyatta`s 20 years old.

Boom.

A child.

No-
02/13/2018 01:26 PMPosted by VexTheHex
But traditional beauty and standards would put Junkrat in the ugly category. If you really think Junkrat was made or viewed to be as attractive as DVA, Mercy, Widow, or Tracer than you really are putting on blinders. All of those ladies were clearly made to be beautiful and well liked for their features. Meanwhile Junkrat was made to look "rat" like and have features that make him unappealing like dirty, loud, and annoying to the rest of the cast. Heroes like Sombra or Mercy do not have those features in the slightest.

If "Roadhog" is a model of beauty then why don't we have females heroes designed to be like him? Obese and older... wait there is none cause that isn't "appealing." While some may find him handsome, he is far from what most young straight women or young gay men look for in terms of someone being attractive in the physical sense.

And why is it wrong for me to say it'd be nice to have some handsome young guys? The female cast has that base covered...

Nothing. You have Lucio then. He fits all your criteria...he's young and hot. Noone is forcing you to find Roadhog or Junkrat hot. It's fine. I was simply using them as an example.

Also - the heroes are not made for their dating appeal. They are designed around a personality and where they are from. Whether or not a player finds them attractive is secondary. It's inconsequential and not relevant to the story or the game. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of the fan community - but at the same time I respect the writers for trying to develop a diverse cast of characters.

ALSO 30 ISNT OLD. THIS ISNT LOGAN'S RUN.

02/13/2018 03:02 PMPosted by AkaiEngarde
I was JUST about to write that, thank you for sticking up for the trashboy.
I honestly find him to be one of the more attractive dudes in the game, not only for the sake of appearance but I find aspects of his personality pretty attractive too. Plus that smile and those eyes, precious. Love it. A+ boy.

Will always defend trash man ;)
Overwatch is 29 years old so it makes sense a lot of the heroes are in their fifties to sixties-ish.

Would you say that Moira was designed to be ugly ? I remember the forum's reactions when she was announced, people thought she was trans because a woman couldn't be that ugly without having being born a man. However, she's not fat, dirty, or loud.

I never understood what is the idea of Moira being "ugly".

You all ARE aware she was made to be almost identical to her voice actress, right?

See Genevieve O'Reilly at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Exvee14x04
I will accept a hero younger than 30 ONLY IF the mods get extremely tough on the forums after that hero's release (I'm having horrible flashbacks to KingDva and his cronies turning these forums into an X-rated webpage. Gods, I hated those days).
I know age doesn't matter:

Then why are you making this thread?
Really sad this is the best you could think of to say.
02/13/2018 04:11 PMPosted by AJb1205
I know age doesn't matter:

Then why are you making this thread?

They are making the thread to make a suggestion. We can do that as consumers.