When your Widowmaker is actually good.

General Discussion
A surprise to be sure but a welcome one
For sure, they can make the other team quit.
good widowmakers are my worst nightmare
No kidding, just keep her safe and you're good.
I'll try headshotting, that's a good trick!
Actually they are quite often good, just people do not accept it until she carry game, sad but true!
Yeah, a good Widowmaker makes it so easy sometimes especially on Numbani.
Most of the Widow's I get are good. Generally the DPS partner I go out of my way to help if she's being jumped since she can very effectively flip a team fight if played well and given proper space.
if a widow main is on your team and doing bad, they are eitther not having a good day, being countered, or not having space/heals made more them. i mean try joining widow hs servers im diamond on my main and i can barely get half on the scoreboard against gold and plat widow mains. they often beat gm and masters who dont play widow. i actually que with my school friend who was a slver widow main and now hes a high gold dva main and starts attack as widow
You underestimate her power.
When you’re the Widow who’s actually doing good
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I was expecting some good banter here. I'm a bit disappointed.
02/01/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Triton2435
You underestimate her power.

It’s over Widow I have the dive comp
What about the Dva attack on the Torbjorns?
A Widow is a Widow. She'll still be spanked by my monkey. If you know what I mean? Huhhh? Huuuuh? *wink wink wink wonk sponk spronk!*

Seriously though if a Widow angers me I usually set my Winston on ger and slap her in the face. She'll always die the same. A Widow is still just a Widow.
02/01/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Topher
if a widow main is on your team and doing bad, they are eitther not having a good day, being countered, or not having space/heals made more them. i mean try joining widow hs servers im diamond on my main and i can barely get half on the scoreboard against gold and plat widow mains. they often beat gm and masters who dont play widow. i actually que with my school friend who was a slver widow main and now hes a high gold dva main and starts attack as widow

Widow hs server is a very unreliable way to determine your Widowmaker's skill.

Widowmaker is an easy target to shoot at, she has slow mobility during scope-in. Most WM in HS only will try to spam crouch and stuffs, but those will get predictable over times.

You cannot learn positioning and team strat in that mode. They spawn everywhere so even if you're in a good position, you are still likely to get shot from behind. Most players also choose to shoot at other unaware WM to gain scores.

This is why you see gm players in those server, they usually dominated the mode but from time to time, they'll still lose to diamond or plat wm players.

A diamond WM can beat a master/gm Widow in that mode, but in the real match with real team composition, the master/gm widow will still perform better.
02/01/2018 06:42 PMPosted by PureRogue
Actually they are quite often good, just people do not accept it until she carry game, sad but true!

Not in my tier. Playing since beta. I’ve met on good widow. I accept the loss when I have one on my team.
It can be scary, that is why I never question anyone capability with any hero. You never know.....
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Amélie Lacroix the Instalock? I thought not. It’s not a story the Support mains would tell you. It’s a DPS legend. Amélie Lacroix was a Dark Lord of the DPS, so powerful and so wise she could use the Widow's Kiss to influence the bullets to destroy life… She had such a knowledge of the dark side that she could even keep the ones she hated from living. The dark side of the Widow's Kiss is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. She became so powerful… the only thing she was afraid of was losing her power, which eventually, of course, she did. Unfortunately, she taught her Genji everything she knew, then her Genji reflected in her face. Mada Mada. She could cut others off from life, but not herself.