Worst event ever?

General Discussion
So this isn’t me being ungrateful or whiny. It’s a geniune comparison to the other events. Where do you guys think it ranks?

For me the only thing that redeems it is the new map.
imo the worst even was the anniversary. they introduced so much rare loot content that if you liked more than one hero the only way you would get even half the thing you want was to buy loot boxes
I like the event theme, skins and new map. But like last year I think CTF is boring and to easy to just setup builders and a bastion on your flag to keep it safe. This year though we have a rule that says abilities that modify hero speed drops the flag, but this doesn't apply to everyone as lucio is able to wall ride and keep the flag so we already have inconsistency in the way that one hero performs over others. I am starting to think the devs had the right idea when they said CTF wasn't going to work well with overwatch heroes.
Yeah worst event probably the anniversary, those dance emotes should be non-event item :(

As for the event game mode i prefer this ctf than Mei snowball.
this was my all time fave event.

i agree anniversary was terrible, i liked less than half the skins and there was no new game mode, just 3v3 re-done. It also put a dent in my currency since i bought the remaining dance emotes i was missing, which was half despite me opening 150+ lootboxes. Thank god for that lootbox change.
I'd sa°Y° it's one of m°Y° fa°V°orites - I lo°V°e the new CTF and new items and there are good changes and fixes to the main game as well.
I liked Anniversary because it changed the game alot, but it wasn't a good e°V°ent. M°Y° least fa°V°orite was the first Winter Wonderland. M°Y° fa°V°orite of all time was Uprising.
02/09/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Edsoulman
So this isn’t me being ungrateful or whiny. It’s a geniune comparison to the other events. Where do you guys think it ranks?

I do think its the worst so far, skin wise and mode wise. I was naive to think CTF could ever be balanced, but its trash cancer comp cheese. !@#$ it.
It falls somewhere in the middle for me. The skins are alright, the game mode is alright. All of it only feels average. Its not as worse as the anniversary or year 1 winter event, but its not better than junkenstien, uprising or summer games.
Junkenstein is the best mode hands down. Felt like many ppl learned to aim after that one.
People say this for every event.
yeah this event is really my least favorite of all but still it has tons of cool stuff i love new Genji's skin and new Mccree's highlight intro and new CTF mode.
There's no pleasing some people...
anniverasy was the worst no doubt since it was hard to get anything without buying it

at least every other event gave you a new game mode
02/09/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Blues
imo the worst even was the anniversary. they introduced so much rare loot content that if you liked more than one hero the only way you would get even half the thing you want was to buy loot boxes

So youre saying its a bad event cause they have created a very big content update and u cant get them all? Explain me your logic...
Tell me how else can they bring income to pay the servers and staffs?
Uh...This is how I rate the events:

Uprising
Halloween
Summer
Winter
Year of
Anniversary

This event isn't really very interesting. Some of the skins are very good though (Genji's, Reinhardt's, Zarya's is actually great as well.) Anniversary would be higher but there's not really anything there to be hyped about. IT has nothing extra really... CTF I feel is less fun now. Those movement abilities allowed people to actually get the flag easier... I main Doomfist.I literally cannot pick up the flag.

I feel like CTF has always been a relatively flawed game mode as a whole though in these team based shooters. In TF2, it's basically team death match. Without the movement abilities/options you have in TF2...no one would be able to win either.
Well, I see many people here disagree with you but I have to agree. Even anniversary felt good due to many various legendaries and dance emotes for every hero.
02/09/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Amo
There's no pleasing some people...

Actually I’m quite easily pleased, the “journey to the west” themed skins last year was fantastic. And the epic skins were also amazing. This year just feels like an afterthought in the follow up to the Blizzardworld update, which I totally understand, as the skins in that are bound to pull focus.

My point was, one of the events has to be the worst one. It’s my opinion that it’s this one.
02/09/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Skrimiche
People say this for every event.

Highly doubt anyone ever said this about uprising or first junkenstein, that was peak overwatch.
02/09/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Edsoulman

Same. The map looks amazing.
The rest of the stuff doesn't really appeals to me even though it is nicely done.

Also not sure what the CTF has to do with YOTD but anyway.
Anniversary was my least favorite. I actually really enjoy the Lunar New Year.