If you nerf Moira, even this little bit, im done.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Do you just not want healers, Blizz? Moira is the only viable healer left, and even this barrier nerf will ruin her considering how she has to heal.

Why even design healers?

All the tanks are slowly becoming OT/DPS... all healers are slowly losing their healing and not getting anything in return... Im done with this BS.

You have characters with literally 0% pickrates in professional play you wont fix, you have DPS with glitches that need tending to that you ignore, and instead of dealing with this crap and FIXING THE GAME, you just nerf healers and call it a day.

Glad the OWL is doing well, but its destroying the actual game by you balancing around the OWL and not your majority playerbase.
Highly Rated
Moira is a benchmark for how excellent an Overwatch healer should be without being broken. She's as balanced as Zenyatta, and can hold her own against Genji and Tracer.

If she gets nerfed, it's proof that they don't want healers to be anything more than heal bots for the DPS heroes.
Highly Rated
To the people downvoting: please explain why nerfing MORE healers is a good idea. Id love to hear your feedback. Instead of blindly downvoting with no reason as to why.
All healers are viable. Check heroes stats. If viable for you means top-3, then well... You do not know meaning of this word.
02/10/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Astrion
Moira is a benchmark for how excellent an Overwatch healer should be without being broken. She's as balanced as Zenyatta, and can hold her own against Genji and Tracer.

If she gets nerfed, it's proof that they don't want healers to be anything more than heal bots for the DPS heroes.
Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.
02/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Deadwing
To the people downvoting: please explain why nerfing MORE healers is a good idea. Id love to hear your feedback. Instead of blindly downvoting with no reason as to why.
Because you're threatening to quit over one balance change. They're downvoting because you're being childish.

I was a mercy main and didn't quit when they neutered mercy.
But if you nerf the healer everyone is playing - because a high pick rate obviously indicates that they're too powerful - and then everyone starts playing a different healer, obviously this new overplayed healer is also too powerful.
I have a question: Will there be some kind of animation with her heal spray that indicates she can't heal through the shield? Will the heal (gas looking yellow stuff) bend off the shield like it's hitting a wall? Or will it continue to go thru; giving you the illusion like you are able to heal your teammates but can't?

I'm just curious how this is going to look. I'm someone who needs visual (and audio) queues to be more effective in these kind of games.
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Iustus
All healers are viable. Check heroes stats. If viable for you means top-3, then well... You do not know meaning of this word.

Ana isn't viable at all?

Sub 50% winrate at EVERY rank except GM

That doesn't scream viable or balanced to me.

Even Mercy is under 50%

Viable in supports more means; Hey maybe we could run Ana/ Zen or Mercy/ Lucio or Lucio/ Zen in more situations

When is it ever Oh lets run Ana/ Zen? Or Ana/ Lucio at ALL anymore
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by ATinyOldLady

Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.

The only flanker that Moira can kill is Genji. Tracer can kill her easily. Reaper too.
Wait, Moira's getting nerfed?
02/10/2018 09:13 AMPosted by dostheboss
<span class="truncated">...</span>Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.

The only flanker that Moira can kill is Genji. Tracer can kill her easily. Reaper too.
I'm a pretty good tracer (40% accuracy and regular golds) and I avoid moira. While I win more often than not, her generous auto aim, small hit box, self heal, and balls make her hard to kill.
I don't know how anyone can possibly think she's balanced. I love playing Ana and Lucio, but man, after a couple of games on Moira they feel lackluster and pathetic by comparison. She's better than either in pretty much every possible way.

It's pretty hard to explain to someone why they should play Ana when Moira heals more, does more damage, hunts flankers for sport, and sometime goes the entire round without dying. It's the same, but to a lesser extent, with Lucio. As far as Zenyatta, they have comparable damage but Moira gets twice the heals and Zenny feels hilariously frail compared to Moira's ridiculous unkillability.
02/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Deadwing

Because what you say is extremely bias and your opinion only has a few things to agree with (for me at least)
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by ATinyOldLady

Zenyatta can easily out-snipe a Widowmaker meant to kill him. Is Zenyatta unbalanced?
02/10/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Uperior
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Iustus

Ana isn't viable at all?

Sub 50% winrate at EVERY rank except GM

That doesn't scream viable or balanced to me.

Even Mercy is under 50%

Viable in supports more means; Hey maybe we could run Ana/ Zen or Mercy/ Lucio or Lucio/ Zen in more situations

When is it ever Oh lets run Ana/ Zen? Or Ana/ Lucio at ALL anymore

I have to ask, why do people always care so much about win rates for supports anyways? When there are only 3 or 4 healers that are actually capable of keeping a team alive and most competitive teams have two of them, the odds of having two of the same hero in one match force the win rate to stay close to 50% anyways.
I think a small nerf to damage is probably in the works, because her damage is so good and reliable that persons use her more for damage than they do for healing- like a dive flanker instead of a support. Which I think is fine in some cases within each individual game but its more optimal to attack than keep your team up if there is literally any other healer working alongside you.

Remember when they nerfed soldiers damage by one (1) point and it fixed the Mcree and Soldier damage war? Yeah I imagine something as small as that.

However thats just what I would do, and i'm no blizzard dev. If you leave the game because of it then lol bye.
02/10/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Sporech
Wait, Moira's getting nerfed?

I, too, miss the days when people actually cited what they were talking about instead of assuming the whole universe already knows.
I think it'd be best to not yell at Blizzard or the Overwatch dev team about something they haven't mentioned any plans on nerfing. The only thing they've said so far that they plan with Moira is making it so she can't heal through barriers with m1, which shouldn't make much difference in how she's played anyway (heal orb can go through barriers).

I'm not too happy with previous treatment of healers either, but there's no need to get upset at them for something they haven't said anything about at this point in time.
Where does it say they were going to do this?