If you nerf Moira, even this little bit, im done.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I find an issue with moira dealing detrimental damage, I understand doing damage is a core mechanic of her gameplay. But 20 meters is too long of a range for her damage. I feel if they shortened it to 15 meters and increased the cooldown of orbs by 2 seconds she would be still viable but more balanced. Zenyatta is such a great character because he can do everything but tank if he can aim, but moira can do the same with a less skill oriented lock on at 20m. It's disrespectful to say she is balanced.
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by ATinyOldLady
02/10/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Astrion
Moira is a benchmark for how excellent an Overwatch healer should be without being broken. She's as balanced as Zenyatta, and can hold her own against Genji and Tracer.

If she gets nerfed, it's proof that they don't want healers to be anything more than heal bots for the DPS heroes.
Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.

She can't easily defeat the flankerS trying to kill her. She can easily defeat ONE flanker trying to killer, and use that juice to better heal her team. Which means that if you see Moira on the enemy team, you need to send a tank+dps flanker... or no one against her.

Has Blizzard said they are going to nerf her? I haven't seen anything about it?
02/10/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Crypticarts
02/10/2018 10:23 AMPosted by DingeL
what is he talking about?

I think OP is just making up stuff so they can be mad about it

Or maybe healers are exhausted by all the nerfs and changes to Ana, Lucio, and Nerfcy.
02/10/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Deadwing
Do you just not want healers, Blizz? Moira is the only viable healer left

Everyone that read this thread should have stopped reading here and gone to the previous page instead of making such a stupid thread 4 pages long.

Yeah I'm not helping with the post count here, but it's already a lost cause.
02/10/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Sinzh
02/10/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Crypticarts

I think OP is just making up stuff so they can be mad about it

Or maybe healers are exhausted by all the nerfs and changes to Ana, Lucio, and Nerfcy.

Yeah but that does not excuses the fact OP is lying. Blizzard hasn't acknowledged a Moira nerf, and the bug that's been there since her PTR release remains a bug. We dont even know if its gonna be fixed or not, so not really an excuse.
Moira is the only viable healer left
hahahahaha
02/10/2018 10:52 PMPosted by DǶvǶa
02/10/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Sinzh

Yeah but that does not excuses the fact OP is lying. Blizzard hasn't acknowledged a Moira nerf, and the bug that's been there since her PTR release remains a bug. We dont even know if its gonna be fixed or not, so not really an excuse.
It's listed as a bug, and if it gets fixed, it will technically be a nerf. I believe that's the basis of OP's complaint.
Moira is the only viable healer left,

Lol what?
02/10/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Uperior

Ana isn't viable at all?

Sub 50% winrate at EVERY rank except GM

That doesn't scream viable or balanced to me.

Ana is a hero that functions well in a tank heavy meta. She's not good in dive, and likely never will be. If Ana was made to be good in Dive compositions, she'd be effectively broken for everything else.
02/10/2018 10:52 PMPosted by DǶvǶa
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If it is listed as bug, it will be fixed. And so Moira will be nerfed.

My preference has been healing in almost every other game I've played, and the nerfs in this game to healing is exhausting. Further, I find them incredibly illogical, if one button press can kill 6 players.. why can't 1 button revive what will likely be 3 or less players?
]Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.

lets see how happy you will be when the zen or ana wont be able to heal you because they get spawn camped by tracer ^^
im a 500Hrs Genji Main, After Introduction of Moira My Genji playing days were Over, I wont complain how OP she is but i do hate her damage and heal rate.

Ok, now i wanna talk about how as a Healer it is super hard to Kill Moira, WHen i am a Lucio,Mercy or ana if i miss 1 shot im dead cause her damage and her range is Abnormal in Terms of a Healer.

All i want is Either Nerf Moira or Buff Healers like Lucio,Mercy to Counter against Moira.

(Before Idiotically Downvoting me understand i am not saying anything to Support my Main genji Hero, im saying for helping healers who fight a solo Moira)
Moira is a benchmark for how excellent an Overwatch healer should be without being broken. She's as balanced as Zenyatta, and can hold her own against Genji and Tracer.

No she isn't the benchmark. All other healers are pretty good but Moira is a step ahead.

If she gets nerfed, it's proof that they don't want healers to be anything more than heal bots for the DPS heroes.

Yeah and if they don't give Genji/Tracer better healing, it's proof that they don't want dps to be anything more than damage bots. #supportmainlogic
Honestly I think it's to early to call her OP or Balanced, I'd wait for the dust to settle because the Mercy nerfs are still somewhat new and we know little of where Moira is currently standing in the META.
02/11/2018 02:59 PMPosted by AnnoD
]Aren't Healers supposed to be vulnerable and work with their team, if a healer can EASILY defeat the flankers meant to kill her, it might be a bit unbalanced.

lets see how happy you will be when the zen or ana wont be able to heal you because they get spawn camped by tracer ^^

If you protect your healers, then they won't get spawn camped...

I keep you alive, you keep me alive, that's how healers should work.

Not "I'll keep you alive and give myself full sustain on my own while going out and winning almost every 1v1 matchup."
Do you just not want healers, Blizz? Moira is the only viable healer left, and even this barrier nerf will ruin her considering how she has to heal.

Why even design healers?

All the tanks are slowly becoming OT/DPS... all healers are slowly losing their healing and not getting anything in return... Im done with this BS.

You have characters with literally 0% pickrates in professional play you wont fix, you have DPS with glitches that need tending to that you ignore, and instead of dealing with this crap and FIXING THE GAME, you just nerf healers and call it a day.

Glad the OWL is doing well, but its destroying the actual game by you balancing around the OWL and not your majority playerbase.

It's not a nerf, it's a bug fix. Just because you like one of the strongest, lower skill floored healers being even stronger than she is meant to be doesn't mean she ought to be. There are 4 other healers who are all in pretty good places. It stinks when the one you like gets brought to the level of the others, but thats game balance. If you don't want to play a balanced game, just find something else then.
02/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Deadwing
To the people downvoting: please explain why nerfing MORE healers is a good idea. Id love to hear your feedback. Instead of blindly downvoting with no reason as to why.

Because the balance of this game changes when different heroes change. What you might call balanced may turn into something else after a couple of other heroes are changed. Something that happened to tracer .

As for moira, she's making quad tank meta happen. It's still too soon to say quad tank is the dominant meta, but if that happens, you can be pretty sure that they'll eventually nerf her healing.

Why is this a thing with supports? Because they're the most important role in this game in terms of deciding the meta. Healers dictate meta. From beyblade meta of season 2 to dive of season 5~6 with lucio and zen. Changing them, changes the game. Ana and moira becoming more viable is bringing zarya and rein back. That's how the game works. Supports dictate meta. And when we have one global meta for every map, things need to change somehow. Even dive was no longer dominant in every map. (maybe in pro levels, but not competitive).

[code][/code]

Kappa as balanced as zenyatta good one cause discord is def balanced monkas
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Iustus
All healers are viable

Hahahahahahahaha
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you protect your healers, then they won't get spawn camped...

I keep you alive, you keep me alive, that's how healers should work.

Not "I'll keep you alive and give myself full sustain on my own while going out and winning almost every 1v1 matchup."

no one said we want healers to win most 1v1's, chill
we just want them to be able to something else besides babysitting , and have fun just as much as DPS players have <------- knowing that healers are very likely to lose 1v1's against DPS players is very unfun