Should same SR Genji able to win duel with Moira?

General Discussion
Out of 10 times, how many time should a Genji win duel with Moira? If their SR is the same
Depend on how good the Genji is at aiming, and how the Moira is at dueling. If Genji has half a brain, he’ll typically out DPS her healing
in open space, maybe
in close quarter, no
02/10/2018 05:36 PMPosted by JakuNonon
Depend on how good the Genji is at aiming, and how the Moira is at dueling. If Genji has half a brain, he’ll typically out DPS her healing
lets say the Genji player is as good as playing moira as the moira player is at genji
In a team fight, moira wins.
1v1, genji wins

genji using his resources on a moira makes it easy to apply pressure to the genji and shut him down, while in 1v1 though you can just play corners.
By doing this, moira will be doing low amounts of damage
at low level, moira has probably the best 1v1 potential across all heroes....
If Genji gets the jump on Moira, he should win.
If Moira knows where Genji is at and is expecting the attack, she should win.

Genji's only way of winning this match up basically is through burst damage. If he can't kill Moira quickly enough she'll start damaging him and Moira's self heal is insanely strong vs Genji.

A clean 1v1 with both heroes at full HP rarely happens in an actual game though, so don't take this as gospel. Moira will likely get peeled for by her tanks or other support, Genji could have harmony orb, Moira could have discord orb etc.

Too many variables, but I'd say in a real game Moira has the advantage. Don't get discouraged by dying to Moira as Genji, I see it happen a lot at top 500.
In a solid 1v1 in close quarters, Moira would likely win, unless Genji deflects her orb back.
Moira wins the 1vs1, even if the Genji is more skilled than she is.

Hitting all headshots at range is impractical for Genji, which he needs to do against her self heal, and she can fade away if he dashes in.

Right now, there's a lot of Genji hate on these boards specifically, so you'll get answers like these, but I'm sure the tone will change if Moira ever becomes META for a couple of months.
BBar Low SR the Moira will win since she requires no aim, at higher probably the Genji, but it’s much harder for him, since he has to beat the self healing.
Because this is a legit question is the the reason she needs a dps nerf no salt just real talk
02/10/2018 05:36 PMPosted by JakuNonon

If Genji has a brain he'll avoid the Moira entirely. Moira is a hard match up for Genjo, he should let other teammates handle her while he focuses easier prey.
Depends, in a room Moira always wins. However somewhere out in the open Genji stands a good chance.
02/10/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Zwei
Depends, in a room Moira always wins. However somewhere out in the open Genji stands a good chance.

I find it quite the opposite actually. In a room, I can try to deflect the orb and my easy to hit fanfire becomes really effective.

Out in the open, no way am I landing 4 headshots against her twig hitbox + her self-healing, crouch spamming, fade BS.
It depends on the SR.

A low SR Moira v low SR Genji gives Moira the edge, since they can't reliably land their shruikans.

High SR Moira v high SR Genji, it's much more in Genji's favour since he's far more likely to land his shruikans and burst Moira down.

I'd say low/mid SR (i.e. Bronze to Diamond), it ranges from 80-20 to 60-40 in favour of Moira, in high SR (Master+), then ranges from 55-45 to 70-30 in favour of Genji.

That's assuming without ults of course. In a duel environment, with Dragonblade, Genji beats a Moira with Kamehameha.
Theoretically a Genju that can crit basically on command will beat Moira. Moira can only do 100dps at max. A genji outranging Moira but able to hit his shots can win or a Genju close enough to Moira who can headshot>swiftstrike>headshot should win.

However this matchup will always be heavily in Moira's favor because you cannot crit on command no matter how good you are. Moira is just a hard counter to Genji since she can track him extremely easily and he cannot deflect her main attack plus she has self healing.
I have killed a lot of Genji as Moira in Silver and Bronze

SR Really doesn't say a lot it really depends on your mindset. I have easily killed genji with a higher SR rating than me.

It comes down to game sense. Most genjis I seem to ply against are going for kills or going for big kills. They get so focused on the kill that I can slowly drain their health while they attempt to kill me. 99% don't get too.

A really good Genji will easily destroy me though
If the duel takes place in an open space the Genji has no chance, Genji has to close the gap and should win in a confined area but it isn't guaranteed.
If a Genji jumps a full-HP Moira, then he should lose most of the time. The biggest strength of Genji is bursting down targets with no cooldowns- and or- low HP. Engaging a support with good sustain is a bad idea for him.
Straight up 1v1 against an aware Moira should be no better than 50/50 odds for a genji.

Genji excels at picking off unaware weakened targets, jumping an aware character with good mobility and decent self defense is going to end poorly.

But thats what the rest of the team is for