Why am I losing more for a loss

General Discussion
Than I gain for a win. I just don’t get it
Probably means you didn't do much. The better you perform, the more you get per win and the less you lose per loss. The opposite is also true. If you perform poorly, you'll lose more SR.
02/12/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Tenor
Probably means you didn't do much. The better you perform, the more you get per win and the less you lose per loss. The opposite is also true. If you perform poorly, you'll lose more SR.

That is not how anything works.

You lose more if the team you were up against is ranked lower or very close to you than if you lose to a higher ranked team.
Not exactly. Below 3000 there are hidden metrics that affect the amount of your SR adjustment, other than wins, losses, and team relative SR average (which are the only factors 3k+)

These factors have not been revealed by Blizzard, but people suspect they are related to the stats you see when you press tab mid-match. Thus people who play to pad stats (for example engaging in combat while the team is supposed to be regrouping and quite often dying and prolonging the process) may gain more SR and lose less SR than people who play strictly to win (wait for players to regroup, don't needlessly feed enemy healer ults, etc).

Quite unfortunately this encourages bad play and an individual, selfish focus instead of the team game this could be.
While I think the best solution is Blizzard remove PBSR at all ranks, the alternative is sub 3k players just accept it's not a team game and go for stats. Although, personally, I think that is unfun since the criteria are hidden. Too much trial and error and not enough strategic thought. If they publish the metrics, then there would be a game.
you're underperforming. Your hidden MMR is now lower than your actual SR. You lose more for losing and win less for winning. That's how performance based SR works.
Deminishing returns. You're reaching your skill limit.
02/12/2018 07:42 PMPosted by D3LT4
you're underperforming. Your hidden MMR is now lower than your actual SR. You lose more for losing and win less for winning. That's how performance based SR works.

Sounds dumb and counterintuitive towards team play
Since you’re below 3k, you gain and lose additional SR based on how your stats compare with other players at your rank. So if the average soldier at your SR gets 30 elims per match and you got 25, you’ll lose a little more SR if you lose and gain a little less if you win.

If the numbers were swapped you’d lose less SR if you lost and gain more SR if you won.

The problem is that this encourages padding stats and one tricking. A one trick will usually have better stats than the average player at their rank, since they have more time on that hero. That’s why even though a one trick may have a sub 50% wr, they still stay at their rank because of performance based SR.

And the need to pad stats results in trickling and more losses overall. Just from personal experience, I was playing a game on Volskaya and after my team took the first point, I had gold elims but it took us 2 minutes to fully regroup to attack second point. I didn’t die once during those two minutes, but I also didn’t get elims while my trickling teammates (who were also racking up deaths) took my medals. Performance based SR rewards poor play, and that’s a fact.
The SR you get for anything under diamond is a performance SR.

So if you play mccree you get put up aganist all other mccrees in that rank if you do worse then avg you will loss more SR but if you win you will also gain less SR . But if you do above avg you will gain more SR for a win but loss more SR.

Also if your the underdog or the upperdog also effects how much you gain.

It is very annoying and stupid they should put it at 25 for win and 25 for loss.
You need 3000 Sr so that you can come out Even between wins and losses