Well, if health packs don't charge Sombra's ult now..

General Discussion
If health packs don't charge her ult now , than here's an alternative:

Even with her spread decreased, damage alone is not reliable enough of an ult battery for her.

Since she is supposed to be more utility based now and do more stuff like hack poor gengus and lucios , how about having her ult charged faster whenever a hacked target receives damage?

This way , her role in supporting her team and hacking really does do her more justice.
Better to just keep Health Packs giving ult charge and just heavily nerf them, otherwise they're near useless.

Honestly though, she can actually still charge very fast with decent aim and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up nerfing it a bit more as the entire point is to move her away from being an EMP bot.
I just played her for a couple more matches and I got ult charge pretty fast. It almost feels like she gets more ult charge from dmg now.
I think the reason why Blizzard changed this was because the playerbase at large didn't like the Sombra as a support playstyle and it pretty much just turned her into an EMP bot.
Even without the buff, her gun is a solid ult battery if that's what you're trying to do. I've charged EMP in the first fight before just by drilling the enemy Roadhog on his way in.
02/08/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Jinx
Better to just keep Health Packs giving ult charge and just heavily nerf them, otherwise they're near useless.

Honestly though, she can actually still charge very fast with decent aim and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up nerfing it a bit more as the entire point is to move her away from being an EMP bot.

I doubt they're going to have her get even nerfed ult charge from the health packs, And not everyone can aim like Cody.. sure she'll be better in the ladder but in match making she could be a potential trash.
02/08/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Jinx

To me she doesn't feel like an emp bot anymore, her hacking is really powerful now and her dmg is pretty good. It beats running to the enemy to get damaged and translocating to the healthpack by a mile.
I doubt they're going to have her get even nerfed ult charge from the health packs, And not everyone can aim like Cody.. sure she'll be better in the ladder but in match making she could be a potential trash.
My aim's definitely not Codey level, still not having trouble with getting EMP fast. Especially against tanks, don't underestimate her shredding power against them and if a tank meta really happens...

You may well be right and they won't touch it but the changes aren't finalized and who knows how else she may end up tweaked. I definitely don't see them raising her ult gain from other sources though, that was the whole point of nerfing health packs.
02/08/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Lockheed
To me she doesn't feel like an emp bot anymore, her hacking is really powerful now and her dmg is pretty good. It beats running to the enemy to get damaged and translocating to the healthpack by a mile.
Yeah, her mid-fight capability has definitely gone up a ton.

I never really saw her as an EMP-bot (sans OWL) and my style hasn't changed, but damn the spread and Hack cast-time reduction have made that style smoother.