D.va is a mandatory pick at the moment

General Discussion
Everyone here (since its pretty much all d.va mains these forums) will tell you it's fine that she has been sitting on the 2nd highest pickrate at every skill tier(she's actually 1st in some skill tiers) since before Mercy was reworked. They will act like it's not unhealthy for her to have such a high winrate.

They defend this by saying she isn't mandatory like Mercy despite having pretty much a difference of a 1% winrate just with less pick rate (She still has a ridiculous pick rate though)

If those stats don't make d.va mandatory then idk how else you people define being mandatory

The fact that the devs ignore heroes with stats like d.va is outrageous.

I swear that if Hanzo ever gets the same stats that basically make him the most picked DPS hero after his rework (assuming he becomes meta after it) he would get nerfed ASAP
02/11/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Hayaishi
Everyone here (since its pretty much all d.va mains these forums) will tell you it's fine that she has been sitting on the 2nd highest pickrate at every skill tier(she's actually 1st in some skill tiers) since before Mercy was reworked. They will act like it's not unhealthy for her to have such a high winrate.

They defend this by saying she isn't mandatory like Mercy despite having pretty much a difference of a 1% winrate just with less pick rate (She still has a ridiculous pick rate though)

If those stats don't make d.va mandatory then idk how else you people define being mandatory

The fact that the devs ignore heroes with stats like d.va is outrageous.

I swear that if Hanzo ever gets the same stats that basically make him the most picked DPS hero after his rework (assuming he becomes meta after it) he would get nerfed ASAP

You also have to realize that they will make balance changes based on how people FEEL. If Mei had this high of a pickrate, you think this forum would be filled with posts defending Mei? Also, Jeff made it clear they don't touch dive heroes because $$$$Fun to Watch $$$$ OWL$$$.
02/10/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Shame
Just tell soldier to shoot at D’va, all of a sudden, she’s demeched and useless

It’s the “It can be countered if you shoot it” argument.
02/10/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Reaper
02/10/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Densetsu
Some heroes are niche and some are designed to be not. D.va is not niche,high pickrate dosnt mean she needs adjustments.

And how can you tell the difference between an 'Overpowered' Hero and a Hero 'who is not designed to be a niche pick'?

Actually, don't rely on Reaper to counter D.Va, since the guy who is supposed to counter Tanks is melted by D.Va's rockets.
reaper is melted by dva? Here i thought he had an ability to punish cooldown dependent heroes!
02/10/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Kamran
02/10/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Shame
Just tell soldier to shoot at D’va, all of a sudden, she’s demeched and useless

Or pick sombra hack d.va and click on her head am i right ?
JUST KILL HER ! PROBLEM SOLVED !

Actually, all you have to do is aim at the center of the Meka. It’s impossible to miss her crit box.
02/11/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Tobi
So how do the DVA apologists defend her high pick rate + high winrate?
Same way people defended Winston prior to D.Va's rework when their pickrates were basically the inverse of what they are now (and their winrates more-or-less equal), yet all we heard was how Winston was perfectly balanced, Dive was the complete & sole fault of DM.Va (and only a weeb would suggest otherwise!) at a guess?

Sorry, the inconvenient little fact that you guys yourselves spent the first few months of Dive discrediting this argument doesn't go away when it stops being convenient. That's the problem with conflicting arguments: You kind of have to pick one and stick with it. Even more unfortunately:
02/07/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We don't have any D.Va adjustments in the works. She gets played a lot and is very powerful but she's not on our list currently.
-Jeff seems to be holding you to the first one.
02/10/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Swagganomics
Pick tracer. Harrass d.va. probelm solved.
D.F. is a pretty nasty hero against a D.Va. Because he can dive her quicker and hit harder.
Tracer is no big problem for an awake D.Va who knows Tracer's rythm. (except she hits pulse bomb)
02/11/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Lucky44
02/11/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Tobi
So how do the DVA apologists defend her high pick rate + high winrate?
With the inconvenient little fact that you guys yourselves spent the first few months of Dive telling us "Pickrates mean NOTHING!" prior to her rework when Winston & D.Va's pickrates were basically the inverse of what they are now, yet all we heard was how Winston was perfectly balanced, Dive was the complete & sole fault of DM.Va (despite her being outpicked by Winston everywhere but the lowest levels of comp) and only a weeb would suggest otherwise!

That's the problem with conflicting arguments: You kind of have to pick one and stick with it. Even more unfortunately:
02/07/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're always evaluating all of the heroes. We don't have any D.Va adjustments in the works. She gets played a lot and is very powerful but she's not on our list currently.
-Jeff seems to be holding you to the first one.

I don't see the need to randomly lump me in to others doing the exact same thing you guys are doing to defend D.va. A high pickrate clearly isn't enough to decide to nerf a hero, but gj bouncing over the part where I included a high winrate. D.va is super popular and has pretty much hit 53% wr not too long ago. If this was the case for someone like winston, my stance would be the same. And like I said elsewhere, Jeff already made it clear he avoids touching dive heroes because $$OWL$$ $Fun to $Watch$ heroe$.

His blatant favoritism needs to be called out.
For real? I kinda find DVa the easiest to counter, especially with beam heroes.
Her ult is sometimes a pain in the a but she's not intolerable.
02/11/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Tobi

And like I said elsewhere, Jeff already made it clear he avoids touching dive heroes because $$OWL$$ $Fun to $Watch$ heroe$.

His blatant favoritism needs to be called out.

If thats the case, why are they looking at the balance of heroes who are anti-dive? Im inclined to agree with the OWL statement but saying they favor dive heroes while not too long ago they made a comment that they are looking into heroes that would potentially be anti-dive heroes is contradictory.

Not sure if you've heard but the new upcoming Sombra would shut down dive heroes hard. Faster hacking time and disabiling mobility passives? THATS not dive favouritism right there. Im looking forward for Mei and the rest as well.

They avoid touching heroes who are balanced (excluding for Genjis deflect hitbox), they are focusing on other heroes that would diversify the viability pool and would bring indirect nerfs to dive heroes. Direct nerfs arent always the solution, but indirect ones brings more to the table.
As Zarya I love seeing enemy Dvas. Everything about her is free ult charge, including her ult.
02/11/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Julfy

This type of comment is why rank matters on the forums. I don't doubt that D.Va feels like a weak tank at 1500 SR, but she feels too strong at 3500 SR.
02/10/2018 06:50 AMPosted by HANA
d.va is only a must pick for dive comp.
You can go without her in any other cases.
Winston is the one needed for Dive Comps lol Dva is optional

Dva is strong but also not a must tracer / roadhog so a great job at keeping her away and with Sombra coming, Dva will be on check
02/11/2018 01:30 AMPosted by CaptPlanet
This type of comment is why rank matters on the forums. I don't doubt that D.Va feels like a weak tank at 1500 SR, but she feels too strong at 3500 SR.

yupe we have so many bronze and silver players here sadly.
Doesn't that just make heroes who counter her like Zarya or Roadhog have good spots then? I'm not quite seeing the downside as I would with stuff like "Genji is a mustpick" where the heroes counters number less then 1.
02/10/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Swagganomics
Pick tracer. Harrass d.va. probelm solved.

Work also with Roadhog and Sombra
Every team should have a D.va.
02/11/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Julfy

A good roadhog at any tier can pretty easily demech dva in under 6 seconds. Since she can be hooked mid-missle and her DM wears off so quickly. Even if she flies away, that just means more time she's not harrassing your team and when she shows up again, there's hook off Cooldown to take her down.
02/11/2018 01:41 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller

A good roadhog at any tier can pretty easily demech dva in under 6 seconds. Since she can be hooked mid-missle and her DM wears off so quickly. Even if she flies away, that just means more time she's not harrassing your team and when she shows up again, there's hook off Cooldown to take her down.

I mean Hanzo can do it even faster. Yet it doesn't stop D.va from boasting ridiculous stats so it means nothing.
Nope. I mostly wreck Dva as Doomfist or Reaper. Stop pretending like she was another must pick character.