Lets be honest about the coming Sombra Changes

General Discussion
02/10/2018 09:25 AMPosted by DeadLamb
02/10/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Blueblizz
probably because they'll look down on her the same way you do.

there is just NOT room..
It's not personal, it's the design of the game. Maybe KOTH you can get away with some really funky team comps but that's about it. Please by all means rattle off the team comps that work against say
Orisa/Road/Moria/Zen/S76/Genji
Orisa/Road/Moria/Lucio/Pharah/s76.

You have 6 slots to work with and it doesn't have to be "dive" or pure meta etc, just a basic team that covers the bases.
Ok right off the start, as always need two support so just pick two. Need a shield tank or one can't push the payload. So that's 3 or 50% of your team gone. That other team is throwing a TON of DPS for one tank to deal with. So odds you need a mobile off tank. So Winston/Dva..

Maybe someone already picked Genji or tracer, being someone always picks one of them.
Ok so your team so far is Orisa/Dva/Genji/Moira/Zen. So with a straight face, looking at that team going into a tank heavy team with a S76 or maybe a Pharah you can look at me and go "Ya know............ we could use a Sombra!"..

NO and it's not the fault of Sombra, it's the game being 6vs6. You NEED shield tanks, you need 2x support. Heavy DPS is needed to push or hold ground.
You're going to break a tank front line with Tracer/Sombra? Genji/Sombra? So no burst DMG?
Maybe Sombra/S76 can work.

People need to stop acting like team comp are personal. There is just not room in a 6vs6 for most heroes.

Nothing but a bunch of anecdotal what-ifs. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Man... all the Reinhardt mains wanted for ourselves was a little shield buff.. now we will spend 80% of a round against Sombra without it.. lol. Guess it's time to be a dps main.
02/10/2018 08:46 AMPosted by How2Carry
02/10/2018 08:43 AMPosted by JoshuaAmaron

Yep and people cry about Tracer and Genji get out of jail free cards but for Sombra it's a-ok for some reason. Or whine when their hack get's countered but it doesn't even matter because it doesn't even go on cooldown or they can translocate and try again . She was fine and didn't need any tuning.

%0.46 was totally fine?

What makes you think it's a good idea to balance a hero around how popular they are?
02/10/2018 11:07 AMPosted by JoshuaAmaron
02/10/2018 08:46 AMPosted by How2Carry
%0.46 was totally fine?

What makes you think it's a good idea to balance a hero around how popular they are?

it's not just popularity, it's the fact that no one liked her.

again, she was just an EMP bot.
02/10/2018 08:22 AMPosted by yusuke
more genji nerfs. Just what the game needs. Make the ninja unplayable.

When you gonna grow up and let go of that hate Son.
02/10/2018 08:47 AMPosted by yusuke
02/10/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Matfis
They have not touched the ninja for a long time

No for sure adding moira to the game, giving junkrat two mine charges, making mercy unkillable during ult for 15 seconds(20 seconds before) had no impact on genji's viability. Something to understand about this game is that you can change a hero's balance just by changing other heroes. You don't have to touch genji to make him useless.

I'm a genjimain.
I murdered Sombras for breakfast, and I still got some room to murder Sombras for dinner.
Have you considered you haven't adapted to a greater challenge?
Moira is nothing to Genji, it takes finesse, it takes timing, it literally takes waiting for her to orb you. Then it's a matter off shuriken-deflect-fan-swiftsrike- deadzmoira
02/10/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Kniex
02/10/2018 08:47 AMPosted by yusuke

No for sure adding moira to the game, giving junkrat two mine charges, making mercy unkillable during ult for 15 seconds(20 seconds before) had no impact on genji's viability. Something to understand about this game is that you can change a hero's balance just by changing other heroes. You don't have to touch genji to make him useless.

I'm a genjimain.
I murdered Sombras for breakfast, and I still got some room to murder Sombras for dinner.
Have you considered you haven't adapted to a greater challenge?
Moira is nothing to Genji, it takes finesse, it takes timing, it literally takes waiting for her to orb you. Then it's a matter off shuriken-deflect-fan-swiftsrike- deadzmoira

sounds like something a Shimada would say
I wonder why a zen player doesn't want Sombra buffed... :Thinking
In this age of the shield wars, Sombra is needed as a minor counter to Rein, Orisa and Dva.

I think it's good that at least one hero can disable some shields, now and again...
If sombra becomes meta after this, people will definitely hate it. SPECIALLY support mains.

I personally wouldn't mind since i consider her one of my most favorite heroes to play. But people here will definitely complain if that happens. They find genji in the current meta against so many counters, too strong. An assassin that has 200 HP, and could do more than tracer to them with a better mobility and stealth, as an enemy? If sombra becomes meta as a dps, There will definitely be lots and lots of complaints. Specially from support mains. I guarantee it.