McCree's ult needs to be buffed

General Discussion
McCree's ult needs to be buffed. You can easily die in the first 2 seconds of and it takes way too long to lock on. Everyone can easily duck for cover or put up a shield since it takes 10 years for the red skulls to appear.
It was literally buffed not too long ago? What?

Regardless, I don’t think High Noon is what needs to be looked at. If McCree is going to be buffed, Flashbang is what needs looking at, not High Noon.
I disagree. I think it's in a good place right now. I find it effective when your team has knocked the enemy team out of position and ineffective when McCree decides to pop it in non-optimal situations.

It's not an ult for starting an engagement. It's more for finishing one or repelling an enemy push.
02/10/2018 11:35 AMPosted by VMajoris

So what? Did it help Mercy when they all said "hey you just nerfed Mercy not too long ago"? Of course not, no matter how recently something was changed it is either balanced or it is not. If it needs buffs, buff it. If it needs nerfs, nerf it. If you think high noon is fine then tell us why, the fact that it was buffed (almost a year ago btw) is irrelevant.
Yeah don't expect to get more than 2 kills with it and it becomes a lot better.
It's hard to kill tanks with it, so you really should be happy with chipping away half their health or so.

A good McCree charges his ult very fast too (I think I got from 0% to full in one teamfight once)

Consider it a bit like the dva bomb. More of a zoning tool than an actual teamwiping ult (although it can still happen, potentially)

I DO wish it could shoot through Genji deflect because that !@#$ ain't funny in the slightest, but other than that... it's a decent ult and I wouldn't change much about it.
Positioning is key, use ult from an area that they cannot see you. Or use ult when they are completely distracted by your team
If you can combo it, it's deadly.

If you can drop it in unexpected ways, it's deadly.

Popping it in front of the enemy team with no shield? Ofc you're going to die.

Outside of killing,

it's an extremely effective zoning tool.
02/10/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Buttercult

So what? Did it help Mercy when they all said "hey you just nerfed Mercy not too long ago"? Of course not, no matter how recently something was changed it is either balanced or it is not. If it needs buffs, buff it. If it needs nerfs, nerf it. If you think high noon is fine then tell us why, the fact that it was buffed (almost a year ago btw) is irrelevant.

Because what he’s describing sounds like he’s playing with High Noon pre-buff. His High Noon right now locks on pretty damn quick. Regardless, if McCree does need buffs, his ultimate is not what needs to be looked at.
The only thing I say to change about McCrees ult is to make it prioritize kill shots over non-lethals, instead of just shooting everything from right to left.

Its damage, lockon time, everything else is fine.
it charges up so quickly not getting 3 kills with it everytime doesnt mean its bad. If you just use it to pick a healer its instantly become worth it, plus you arent suppose to do it where they expect you high ground is usually the best spot
It doesn't need a buff in its current form, its a very niche ult atm but if it were to execute faster then it would become stupid OP.

It needs to be completely scrapped and changed, especially if Hanzo becomes a meta hero which is Blizzard's current objective.

I also think its important to mention that McCree is currently finding a strong position in the OWL meta because of the state of mercy (Her nerfs have not gone through yet on their version of the game). She compensates for McCree's poor damage fall off and mobility, keeping him alive/ rezing him when hes easily dived on.

I think most McCree players would agree they would like for his ult to rather be something that took precision / talent since thats where the satisfaction of playing that hero comes from. It doesn't need to provide massive results, just something that you can use to maybe get 1 kill while remaining mobile.

Regardless, I don’t think High Noon is what needs to be looked at. If McCree is going to be buffed, Flashbang is what needs looking at, not High Noon.

I think Roll needs a shorter cooldown before flash bang gets looked at.