when u say gg

General Discussion
but it wasn’t a gg it was a bg :’(
From losing team = sarcasm.

From winning team = sarcasm + bm.
02/11/2018 07:53 PMPosted by lunalaxo
but it wasn’t a gg it was a bg :’(
they always say "who's a good boy?", not "how's a good boy?" ;(
I usually only say ggwp if it was an actually close game. Saying it when you roll the team just seems douchey in my opinion.
02/11/2018 08:09 PMPosted by MegaCap
I usually only say ggwp if it was an actually close game. Saying it when you roll the team just seems douchey in my opinion.

Yeah, if my team just got obliterated and the other team throws out the ol' GG, I don't tend to take it as being genuine.
It's good sportsmanship to only say gg if somebody from the enemy team says it first.
I propose the next time it's a steamroll, instead of 'GG' we say "IWSGGBHWGD" (I Would Say Good Game, But Honestly We Got Destroyed)
Culture's a factor here. Some people regard it as de rigeur good manners. Seems like a lot of people from athletics have it ingrained in them that you always say gg no matter what. Oldskool gamers say it no matter what. Also people from certain countries.

Personally I like 'gg all', it's easy to type and makes it clear I am talking to everyone not just my team or the enemy team.
GG is definitely better than EZ.

Sarcastic or not.
"gg" or "good game" has been good sportsmanship for centuries. what makes it any different now? everyone complaining about the use of the initialism is simply butthurt.
Guys I was joking because my team got obliterated so I was like “gg i guess” but it wasn’t, it was an awful game lol
02/11/2018 08:38 PMPosted by rkt
"gg" or "good game" has been good sportsmanship for centuries. what makes it any different now? everyone complaining about the use of the initialism is simply butthurt.

Person to person, you would be much less likely to be a toxic degenerate unless you have major social problems.

While hiding behind your monitor, you can be as "douchey" (to quote MegaCap) as you want to be without any physical consequence, but of course you could be banned if you do it too much. The #1 reason why some people do this is to cover for their insecurities. These are the same people who throw fits and rage quit whenever they lose.

I encountered someone like this recently in CTF non-ranked. They were in a premade group and steamrolled my team. This player immediately said "EZ GAMES" and such at the end, including a few gg's from his allies. I played against the same people again and my team won. The toxic player left without saying anything when the potg started. Made me laugh.

Now I ask: would you expect to see this outside of online gaming? At least not to that level of severity, right? I'm aware there are more extreme examples out there, but the point is established.

Genuine sportsmanship doesn't exist in PvP online gaming. It's as simple as that. PvP online gaming is full of young children/teens in desperate need to prove themselves and stroke their egos, so given they haven't grown up in a world before the existence of the internet, they don't know what true sportsmanship is and only know how to bm and meme.
Besides, being a genuinely good person isn't edgy. Gotta look cool in front of your peers.
Being a good sport means being the bigger man/woman/other, despite the outcome, and say "Good Game" while meaning it. How you deliver it lets me know if you're sincere about it or not.
Considering the amount of "gg ez" I see in this game, a "gg" alone probably means the person thought it was a good game. I don't see a problem with it as long as it's said after the game is actually over.
I normally say gg just because I enjoyed the game, I shoot people and they shoot me
I say gg every game regardless of the outcome, good or bad. Well actually there are a couple times when I don't, but it's because either my team or the other team had been extremely toxic.

Generally though I say gg because it helps me wind down, I remember it's just a game and I shrug off whatever happened before the next game starts. It's too easy to get caught up on things if you're not careful.
02/11/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Rivini
From losing team = sarcasm.

From winning team = sarcasm + bm.

/thread