If Genji got nerfed hard what would be your response

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
HALLELUJAH! REJOICE! THE KING IS DEAD!
"Well finally, welcome to the club."
Laugh and enjoy a nice tall glass of weeb tears as I watch a bunch of douchey, hypocritical Genji mains cry on the other end of the sledgehammer for once.
sooooo many pros will go to tf2 or some other game
"Welcome to the club, A**hole"
play something else.

But overall, i would be really disappointed of blizzard.
I'd rather blizzard fix his deflect hitbox, and add an effective, hard counter to him. Kind of like how Doomfist was (to both him and tracer) before he got dunked on by the nerfhammer.
Ask why they didn't do it to Tracer.

Like I get that Genji's frustrating, but he isn't nearly as overpowered as Tracer. He needs nerfs to SS/Deflect hitboxes at best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25R1zGdpe6o
This will never happen cuz genji rewards good mechanical players and blizzard likes that good mechanical players do good with there type of character. But if it happens
Id be sad and dissapointed. The only thing i think genji has thats is a problem is the weird hitboxes interactions of his deflect ability as proven more than 300 times by the “dont shoot at him :)” thread
They nerfed the wrong hero. Tracer needs to get one of her blinks taken away or something, at least genji can be beaten by a winston sometimes.
ding dong the weeb is dead!
what would i do if Genji was nerfed:

Grab a beer and a bowl of Popcorn as the #RevertGenji threads will comedy gold. Then go into game as Bastion and hunt down Genji's for sport.
Good.
02/12/2018 10:59 AMPosted by TheramoreITB
title

About time
He has 3 passives:

2, Because of network latency his dash allows him to invulnerability almost 70% of the time even when being hit point blank at the start/med of the dash, the only time it does register if he gets hit towards the end of the dash.

[/quote] now one thing you don't know is that you have to shoot genji, oh and another way the dash works, with sym's beam and more dmg abilities/ults or just normal weapons he takes a few more frames of dmg
I would feel like I just wasted 100+ hours of my life I just wasted and reconsider my decisions
While I do agree that he needs some fixes...

I have a bottle of really nice champagne I’ve been saving for a very special occasion...
Hey everyone, it's Jeff from the Overwatch team.

Today, we have decided to finally fix Genji's hitboxes.

Me: *takes off pants* Time to fap.
02/12/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Alkaline100x
He has 3 passives:

1, Wall Climb
2, Double Jump
3, Dash Reset

Sorry but thats bogus, 1 of them has to go.

He has 3 bugs that benefit him greatly

1, He doens't lose ult if killed during the animation start process, everyone else does.
2, Because of network latency his dash allows him to invulnerability almost 70% of the time even when being hit point blank at the start/med of the dash, the only time it does register if he gets hit towards the end of the dash.
3, His deflect is the most bugged ability in the game, deflect hitbox is the largest in the game, can go thorugh walls, even behind him, during a double jump while deflecting he effectively has a Full sphere of protection.

So yeah, genji is long due for a nerf in the current state. Or other heros need to be buffed, already I see genji mains crying hard about moira, I say moira isn't enough!

The first 2 bugs are outright false, and having a lot of passives isn't inherently bad if they can be balanced. Wall climb and double jump go together as more of "vertical mobility" rather than 2 entire passive abilities, while his dash reset is a property of his dash, not necessarily a passive. Genji has a lot of abilities because individually each one is weak. His Shurikens are awkward to aim and don't deal a lot of damage, his Dash is 50 damage on an 8-second cooldown, and his Deflect only buys him a second or two of safety. Obviously, put all the parts together and he's an extremely capable hero, but I think it's fine to have a hero that has a lot of complex abilities.