CAN YOU CLIMB AS ZENYATTA?

General Discussion
02/13/2018 04:16 AMPosted by EzClap
Like as a REALLY good Zenyatta? I just want to know if he's a good person to main and to climb out of silver.

I climbed all way up to Platinum from Silver as Zenyatta few Seasons back, but I'm sure it's still possible.
Actually he very much is. Remember Silver is performance based SR so if you are good and play better Zen that all Silver Zen players the MM system will just push you up not to mention that if you are at least decent with him you really should be able to maintain an over 50% winrate with. Personally my aim was bad with him so i struggled even though like him. All the best
02/13/2018 05:47 AMPosted by Scruxie
At your rank, you really need to carry with dps to climb. I'm a tank main on my main and I climbed on my Smurf on Genji, who I don't really play seriously.

This is a bad idea if everybody does it. It seems like a good idea.. but everybody in bronze seems to have that mentality and its like you get 4 dps and you pretty much get bulldozed by another team of tanks.

For this very reason its hard to get this account out of gold. Right now i'm in bronze because i've been trying new heros but.. gold is the major hump for dps mains.
Yeah you definitely can. I love flanking but it isn't my best skillset. I started playing only Zen and climbed from Diamond to GM in two seasons. You can do it.
Like as a REALLY good Zenyatta? I just want to know if he's a good person to main and to climb out of silver.

Sure he is even very good to do so.
Only Genji, Hanzo and Torbjorn can climb.

But seriously on PS4 american server there is a one trick Zen in Top 10.
Probably one of the best to solo climb with if you ask me. Protect your team from nasty ults, make kills yourself and heal in the process.
For me, as a zen main, i have to recommend tagging with a team of some kind so you don’t get shafted with 5 dps mains. That, along with my own flaws i’m working out, is why i’ve dropped in my sr my whole competative career.

Tips:
-Use alt-fire (5 orb charge) into crouds, Ulting Reaper/Pharah/etc, Tanks, and assassins. I got potg in qp for doing this on a ulting reaper and ulting right after reaper was killed.
-Always save your ult for either CC, you are the team’s only healer and 4-5 of your team needs healing at the same time, or against/for a push (not going in, but once your/the enemy is at the objective.
-Discord Tanks (especially ones with shields Winston can shock through) any chance you get. With a Winston this is a deadly tactic.
-Use voice chat to let your team know where your discord is. Or your best.
If you're good enough on anyone you can climb to any rank.

Being realistic, if you're a decent Zen you'll climb out of Silver pretty fast, but that being said I have a hunch that you've got a long road ahead of you.
02/13/2018 04:29 AMPosted by mvpjones

-Use transendence to protect your team from threats that can't be escaped(ex: Riptire, Grav, Earthshatter)

I agree with everything, besides the Riptire... A Zenyatta can't protect his team when the enemy junkrats uses his ultimate. Zen can't simply outheal heavy burst damage ultimates such as D'va Bomb, Riptire, Tracer's Pulse Bomb, A Nano boosted Genji's Dragon Blade.
I plan on maining Zen if I ever start comp again (once i'm sure my net behaves well because it's one of the reasons i dont play comp lately)

i climbed to diamond as him when dive was a thing. But soloQ with him is hard as he easy a pretty easy kill from a flanker like genji and tracer when your teammates won't protect you.
02/13/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Understeer

i climbed to diamond as him when dive was a thing. But soloQ with him is hard as he easy a pretty easy kill from a flanker like genji and tracer when your teammates won't protect you.

If you are getting flanked hard try switching to Moira (if available) or Lucio if not. Moira is a very strong anti-flanker herself and very hard to kill with one (a good Tracer can do it, but those won't be common in silver). Lucio is also hard to kill with flankers and is particularly good at keeping his team alive around them, and his ult has the same general purpose as Zenyatta's.
I climbed to gm as mostly Zen, just keep in mind that if you are getting dived on too hard and your team mates aren't helping you it's probs my best to switch to a more mobile hero like Lucio or moira. Also if they have a sombra you pretty much have to switch
Worked for me
No it's impossible to climb unless you play Tracer or Genji. If you were literally the best Zen in the world, you'd be stuck in high gold tops.
02/13/2018 04:29 AMPosted by mvpjones
Zenyatta is a great healer to main, he can help the team deal massive damage against enemies.

Zen tips:
- His lack of mobility is made up for with the damage he can deal
- works well with Lucio, Ana, and Mercy
- He has projectiles and is not a hitscan. Use FFA, Practice V AI, or Training range to get comfortable with the aim.
-Use transendence to protect your team from threats that can't be escaped(ex: Riptire, Grav, Earthshatter)
-NOTE: enemy Ana's can completely negate transendence's effect for allies with biotic grenade

If you're going to use transcendence to nullify Rip-Tire, I'd keep in mind who is on your team first. You can't out heal instantaneous 600 damage, so even with transcendence, your DPS and secondary healer would probably die. Only people who would survive are you and probably your tanks.

All other tips are amazing though c:
02/13/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Stunlaw
No it's impossible to climb unless you play Tracer or Genji. If you were literally the best Zen in the world, you'd be stuck in high gold tops.
That is not true.
you can climb as anyone if you are good, i recommend learning lucio too so if your zen gets countered you can switch
02/13/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Kinggr1ffy
you can climb as anyone if you are good, i recommend learning lucio too so if your zen gets countered you can switch

This is good advice. But I do think Zen is better-than-average to climb.

• You provide heals (which might be sparse at low levels)
  • Your ult can save your team and counter enemy ults
  • You can do more DPS than most DPS heroes, and beat them in 1v1s (if you're a better player)
  • Discord can shut down an enemy carry
  • So much potential value, and I doubt low-ranks have the mindfullness or ability to dive a well positioned Zenyatta.