Kephrii just got warned for griefing...

General Discussion
Anyone that pays any attention to him or his account knows that the man tries his hardest to secure the W.

That's just saddening to see on stream...
Keep up the system abuse folks and Blizz won't be able to make the automated system work. Then we'll lose it just like we lost avoid this player.
Its sad but I'm not surprised considering he pretty much OT's Widow and the community hates her
I think I know how it is to dislike someone so much that you feel joy even if they are treated unjustly now.
Probably from his Symmetra “test” where he clearly didn’t know sym very well and still wanted to play her in the GM setting. Which according to blizzard is not a bannable offense, but automated responses after enough fed up teammates will do that.
The report system in this game is horrible. What’s worse is blizzard rarely takes severe action against actual trolls, just a slap on the wrist. I have a friend who has purposefully tried to be perma-banned for the last year. He’s the most toxic person I know and has only ever been banned for a month.
No report system should have automated actions, period. It leads to false reports having repercussions like this.
02/13/2018 11:48 AMPosted by ZaBran
Probably from his Symmetra “test” where he clearly didn’t know sym very well and still wanted to play her in the GM setting. Which according to blizzard is not a bannable offense, but automated responses after enough fed up teammates will do that.

Which shows exactly how people are abusing the system. That's why a lot of Symmetra players are being banned. People are reporting them even though they know it's not against the rules. But since the system is automated... It's a mess.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760728270?page=1

Play off meta or specialize. Risk to get banned. They should whitelist Kephri from the report system as they did with fuey, stevo and me. Maybe if they whitelist some more they can further ignore the issue whilst deleting forum topics bringing the issue up.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761777505#post-2
Not a fan of him tbh, he has such a big ego and thinks he's the best and no one can match him. Does he deserve a ban tho, hell no.
I’ve yet to see an automated report system that didn’t end in rampant abuse.

Bethesda is having the same issue with mods for Fallout and Skyrim. Spam enough fake reports and a mode gets auto pulled from download.
02/13/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Chiana
No report system should have automated actions, period. It leads to false reports having repercussions like this.

In a game like OW, we need at least some kind of automated report/ban system. The OW team is quite small and there are a lot of players. If there was no automated system the banning would slow to a crawl and nothing would happen.
Talling about the dude who gets on Widow and Mccree wrecks and ends up giggling like a little schoolgirl after singlehandedly stomping an entire team?

Yeah....I can't see why anyone would be upset at his "aiming skills". Not saying he's a acker or a bad player but wow. That does not feel good to play against and it gets boring playing with. No offense but the dude has drawn in way too many a one trick widow these days.
Blizzard put Vote to Kick in World of Warcraft, and it was blatantly abused by the community.

Blizzard has an automated report system in Heroes of the Storm, and it is blatantly abused by the community.

Blizzard puts an automated report system into Overwatch, and expects a different result from the community.

While it's the time-honored definition of insanity, at this stage I think it borders on stupidity.
02/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by SputnikGT
In a game like OW, we need at least some kind of automated report/ban system. The OW team is quite small and there are a lot of players. If there was no automated system the banning would slow to a crawl and nothing would happen.

Are you kidding me? How many lootboxes do they have to sell to get an actual human to review a report before literally taking the game away from a paying customer?
02/13/2018 11:49 AMPosted by JǺMĔŜ
The report system in this game is horrible. What’s worse is blizzard rarely takes severe action against actual trolls, just a slap on the wrist. I have a friend who has purposefully tried to be perma-banned for the last year. He’s the most toxic person I know and has only ever been banned for a month.

lol! I'm not so sure about your choice in friends. d:

Silliness aside, this is sad and a bit aggravating to hear. I've never gotten the message that my reports have done anything, despite how much I've played and how many.... unpleasant... players I've come across.
02/13/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Buttercult
02/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by SputnikGT

Are you kidding me? How many lootboxes do they have to sell to get an actual human to review a report before literally taking the game away from a paying customer?

Exactly. In just the first year of launch, Overwatch alone made over $1 billion in revenue.

That was before, even, the OWL slot sales and not even counting all the other revenue that Blizzard made from World of Warcraft and Hearthstone.

They have the funds to do it right, and still not hurt their bottom line.
02/13/2018 12:02 PMPosted by CucoMonster
02/13/2018 11:48 AMPosted by ZaBran

Which shows exactly how people are abusing the system. That's why a lot of Symmetra players are being banned. People are reporting them even though they know it's not against the rules. But since the system is automated... It's a mess.

Th system is pretty vague. Poor teamwork is a report option and theoretically all one tricks show poor teamwork, just that some are extremely bad synergistic choices compared to others and stick out more.