Kephrii just got warned for griefing...

General Discussion
Anytime there is an automated report system without any way to upvote positive players it isn't going to work as there's no way to cancel out the false/inaccurate reports.

But apparently it's working as intended
02/13/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Buttercult
02/13/2018 12:07 PMPosted by SputnikGT
In a game like OW, we need at least some kind of automated report/ban system. The OW team is quite small and there are a lot of players. If there was no automated system the banning would slow to a crawl and nothing would happen.

Are you kidding me? How many lootboxes do they have to sell to get an actual human to review a report before literally taking the game away from a paying customer?

Jeff has always maintained that the team is relatively small and they like it that way. There are also over ten million active accounts, so....
I’ve yet to see an automated report system that didn’t end in rampant abuse.

Bethesda is having the same issue with mods for Fallout and Skyrim. Spam enough fake reports and a mode gets auto pulled from download.
1) Hes no longer an OTP Widow, he actually plays a lot of other heroes more than Widow lately
2) Hes trying his best to win, even when he did his "Sym "Teste"" he communicated with his team. Told them what he is going to do so they can react properly and even when he didnt know that much about Sym he clearly did something and wasnt just feeding the enemy
3) If he doesnt do anything except dying he usually switches trying to turn the match into his teams favor by picking a hero hes more comfortable with

He shouldnt be banned for griefing, he clearly shouldnt
02/13/2018 12:16 PMPosted by SputnikGT
Jeff has always maintained that the team is relatively small and they like it that way. There are also over ten million active accounts, so....

Unless you worship at the cult of Jeff (not blaming if you do, they do have some interesting points), then this is a totally unacceptable response.

"We want to have terrible customer service because we like it that way".
02/13/2018 12:16 PMPosted by SputnikGT

Really doesn't matter what Jeff likes, but rather what is best for Customer Service and service of the customer. And that is just another example of why, while I have nothing personal against the guy at all, I've felt he is a terrible Game Lead.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentCleverCormorantEagleEye
02/13/2018 12:41 PMPosted by SerideL
https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentCleverCormorantEagleEye
There it is...
Its almost like he "threw" multiple games as sym on stream.
Thank god
02/13/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Cheat2Win
Keep up the system abuse folks and Blizz won't be able to make the automated system work. Then we'll lose it just like we lost avoid this player.
Is that a bad thing? Seems like it’s more harm than good
02/13/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Kinggr1ffy
Its almost like he "threw" multiple games as sym on stream.
...except not at all.

An example of a game I watched with him as Sym...

Volskaya
Uses Sym for TP on first point Defense.
Uses Sym for Shield Gen on second point Defense.
Uses Widow for Attack on both points.

If that's throwing, I think we're all playing Overwatch wrong...
Got really confused at the name for a sec. I thought it was a reference to the god/smite character. I really need to know more streamer and pro names.

As for the topic, I don't watch him but if that's true it's a large pain and will break the system like those before it. sadly pleading with trolls and salty people won't change anything. False reports like this should mean people lose the ability to report and play all together esp when abused a lot.
02/13/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Remedyheart
Talling about the dude who gets on Widow and Mccree wrecks and ends up giggling like a little schoolgirl after singlehandedly stomping an entire team?

Yeah....I can't see why anyone would be upset at his "aiming skills". Not saying he's a acker or a bad player but wow. That does not feel good to play against and it gets boring playing with. No offense but the dude has drawn in way too many a one trick widow these days.
So he should be banned for being good and being an inspiration? Are you high?
Probably reported by opponents so they don't have to fight him. Hell, he's probably the same guy they removed Avoid Player for.
I thought this dude stopped streaming?

I saw an article a while back about some fiasco about him cheating on his wife and being exposed, and I haven't seen his stream on the list in months. It's always Moonmoon, Wraxu and xQc at the top lately.
Maybe the man wasn’t trying his hardest and was griefing it’s not like people have the ability to abuse the report system.
He might have to put in the extra 8 inches of effort it takes to win.
He was playing Symmetra and Mei. Coincidence?
02/13/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Chiana
No report system should have automated actions, period. It leads to false reports having repercussions like this.

Unfortunately one is needed for situations like someone excessively greifing people for hours on end. Blizzard employees are not working 24/7 and all it takes is someone to be griefing during down time.

Enough reports would put take that person out of the game so that Blizzard employees can deal with him proper when they are back to normal work time.

What needs to happen is harsher punishments on those abusing the report system (perhaps those who abuse it lose the ability to report).