How is everyone feeling about the Mercy nerf?

General Discussion
As a flex support main it personally really makes me happy that it's happened. Instead of people throwing that I didn't pick Mercy whenever I solo Q'd I get to actually play any primary healer without any grief from my team, even Mercy!

After playing all the heroes however I kinda see Mercy more as a secondary healer now which is kinda sad (in the sense that i mostly use her when someone's taken Moira or there's a Pharah in my team, her ult is very underwhelming right now imo)

But I still feel like it's a step in the right direction. It makes the game more fun that a wider variation of team comps can be used

What's your opinions on this? Be as bias as you want
I feel it has definitely brought Mercy down to the power level she needs to be to be balanced.

Unfortunately it's made her less fun to play and her ult, while effective, is boring as heck to use.

She needs SOMETHING to feel more impactful while not being overpowered. I'm just not sure what.
She's more balanced around the other healers.
The lack of instant rez during her ultimate is gonna take some getting used to, but I can see the challenge in it

So far I'm not the biggest supporter of it, but I haven't been struggling with it either so I just need to get used to it and work my Mercy game around a little more
Personally for me I would like to see the speed be increased again for Valkyrie as the mobility from that is substantial. Either that or just the Insta Rez again. More healing on the primary target during the ult could be nice too idk
Mercy still does her thing, just boringly. I wish she had some toys and tricks other than heal...now HEAL HARDER. I used to play by a general rule of Moira on attack, Mercy of Defense, with variations based on map and comp. Now I just use Moira in more (most) situations.
I still love using Mercy for her mobility when not using ult. Utilising Guardian Angels and damage boost will be something that she would need to utilise more than just heals
I would feel bad, but decided to uninstall and quit OW so IDC anymore.
02/02/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Saber
I would feel bad, but decided to uninstall and quit OW so IDC anymore.
Same here. I knew from the PTR notes that this Mercy would not be for me, so I uninstalled Overwatch. On my Xbox, I've even gone as far as to hide it from my "Ready to install" list. I'm that done with the game at the moment.

Have to say, not having to worry about the game in any way shape or form, has taken some of the stress away that having the nerfs hanging over my head was causing.
She is boring.
02/02/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Burd
I still love using Mercy for her mobility when not using ult. Utilising Guardian Angels and damage boost will be something that she would need to utilise more than just heals

Yeah the bunny hop is a lot of fun, otherwise I would uninstall every Blizzard game because bad game balance is just not something I want to deal with.
It is nice to play other supports again but it feels bad for Mercy. Wish it didn't have to come to this slash and burn style of balance.
I'm 50/50 on the rework.
The first 50 is happiness that I can play other healers without being flamed, the second 50 is the genuine enjoyment I'm getting out of all the forum salt in the past week.
Really though, if you quit the game over this rework, I'm sorry you can't have fun anymore. If Lucio's amp it up had a cast time and they nerfed his movement, I'd probably lose a lot of enjoyment from the game too.
First, let me say that I quit the game because of Mercy until they gave E rez a cast time so I am no Mercy lover.

Ok... the nerf... I hate it. Ults should be powerful fun things, they keep nerfing the ult when they should be getting rid of E rez entirely. They seem quite stubborn in this regard.

They are making Mercy more balanced, but they seem determined to do it in a way that also makes playing the hero less fun.
if Mercy doesn't execute her rez, don't trigger the cool down! OMG reeee
The Mercy one-tricks were at least good at healing. The Moira one-tricks can't even do that much, and are much more common. Makes tanking difficult, and if I go Ana to main heal then no one can takes care of the chip damage.
02/02/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Kurapika
I'm 50/50 on the rework.
The first 50 is happiness that I can play other healers without being flamed, the second 50 is the genuine enjoyment I'm getting out of all the forum salt in the past week.
Really though, if you quit the game over this rework, I'm sorry you can't have fun anymore. If Lucio's amp it up had a cast time and they nerfed his movement, I'd probably lose a lot of enjoyment from the game too.

It's not just this change. I've been playing Blizz games for years and they have been 50/50 with post-release game balance. It can be extremely frustrating watching them ruin great work they took months to do simply because some players whine really loudly with no evidence to support their claims. The whole process could be improved a lot.
I mean... I thought this Mercy rework was dumb from the get go.

Like seriously... the first time I read the Mercy rework patch notes for the PTR... this was my reaction.

Flight: "Cool but mobility without impact is kinda meaningless."
Self Heal: "Ok, but being unkillable without impact is also meaningless."
Chain Beams: "That's boring."
First Version of Valk Resurrect: "That looks interesting but its no Mass Res."
Initial Blaster buffs: "Oh! Oh my. I found the fun. Between those, flight, regen... that's gonna be kinda crazy. Why'd they give Mercy a DPS ultimate?"

You'll notice that all the bits that I was even remotely excited about back then are gone from live Mercy.

This last nerf is just one more absolutely stupid decision that is taking waaaaaay too long.

I have however learned that Moria is an absolute blast to play and spent a good amount of time getting good as Ana... so I guess that's a good thing that came out of the Mercy rework?
I feel relieved.