Favorite Tricks to Disrupt Choke Points

General Discussion
Just wondering if anyone has any special tricks they like to do to disrupt an enemy defense team that has a strangle (no pun intended) on the choke point.

For example, in Anubis the defending team always seems to have a shield tank and either a bastion, torb or both along with a healer on the platform right past the choke. At least that's the way it is on console.

I like to go with the unlikely Mei at that point and just through a wall up right at the edge of where the defense is planted. Walk through towards the objective and then I'll throw up a second ice wall on the other side of the platform where they can jump in to objective. Usually can keep them all distracted just long enough that way for the rest of my team to push in.
On Eichenwalde I fly over the rooftops as Pharah, get on point, and force them to leave the choke to prevent me backcapping. My plan being to take at least one enemy down with me, preferably a healer, and distract them long enough for the rest of my team to break the choke. Sometimes do the same on Volskaya by going left of spawn, but not often.

Also on Anubis I'll throw Sombra's translocator up to the high perch, and go invisible, before dropping straight down and going right. If I get the timing right I'm out of range of any Sym turrets before I re-appear, which allows me to sneak on point safely once invis is off cooldown (or rather next to it, so they don't twig, and I can organise a push over VC).
Junkrat. Mouse1. Works on either side.
02/09/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Bendubz11

Also on Anubis I'll throw Sombra's translocator up to the high perch, and go invisible, before dropping straight down and going right. If I get the timing right I'm out of range of any Sym turrets before I re-appear, which allows me to sneak on point safely once invis is off cooldown (or rather next to it, so they don't twig, and I can organise a push over VC).

Sombra is also great on Hanamura. If you through the translocator right through the window in the wall, it almost lanes right in the objective.

I notice if my team just keeps pushing through the choke point and dying over and over again, I'll do whatever I can to get behind the enemy and start pulling all their attention towards me to let my team push through.
On Volskaya A, I like to play "Flank Widow." Since I know the correct timing to use grappling hook, I can easily go along the left attacking side gap and sneak to that great sniping spot. Once I'm there, I pick off maybe 1 or 2 people, preferably healers, and then get on point to alert those on the frontlines.

I don't really have a concrete plan for Volskaya B though... still working on that.
I've been known to sacrifice myself on Doomfist by jumping through a choke with slam, uppercutting their primary tank into the air, and then rocket punching them into the middle of my team so they could be focused down to allow our team to push through a choke. I can get back from spawn a whole lot quicker than their tank can in most instances.
02/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Vex
On Volskaya A, I like to play "Flank Widow." Since I know the correct timing to use grappling hook, I can easily go along the left attacking side gap and sneak to that great sniping spot. Once I'm there, I pick off maybe 1 or 2 people, preferably healers, and then get on point to alert those on the frontlines.

I don't really have a concrete plan for Volskaya B though... still working on that.

With a widow, point B would be trickier since most sniping spots could be seen. Maybe going towards the right and grappling to the steps over the gap could get you a few shots in.

I noticed if they don't have a torb, a lot of times you can ride the platforms right in to the objective. It really works well if you have a death blossom for reaper built up. Just don't fire until you are right over point B, drop down and unleash.
As Junkrat on attack King's Row
I like to fire my bombs almost straight up over the wall.

I also like to minejump above the wall (but not over to the other side) and throw a trap on the stairs to the healthpack in the room on the left.
lowhealth heroes will go for that healthpack and will get trapped. if they're low enough the trap kills them

Also as Pharah I like to fly above Reinhardt and boop him into my team.
Junkrat's Mine, boop them out of position.
Pharah's Concussion Blast (fly high and if possible, attack them from an odd angle or flank them) , boops them out of position.
Invisible Sombra snuck onto point, usually pulls some defenders to go deal with her.
02/09/2018 01:21 PMPosted by JustBota
02/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Vex

With a widow, point B would be trickier since most sniping spots could be seen. Maybe going towards the right and grappling to the steps over the gap could get you a few shots in.

I noticed if they don't have a torb, a lot of times you can ride the platforms right in to the objective. It really works well if you have a death blossom for reaper built up. Just don't fire until you are right over point B, drop down and unleash.
Yeah, I just might start switching off Widow after Volskaya A from now on, unless they have another Widow, Torb, Pharah or something.

That stairs on the right side is a pretty good idea, but I'd generally avoid that area since defense spawn is literally right in view. I'd also have to commit to that spot for 8 seconds without escapes. One of those high-risk, high-reward type of situations.
Mei wall, but sideways. Set that bad boy up lengthways in front of their Bastion so he has 2500HP to eat through or he has to move.

Also Triple-Blink tracer through the choke, harass their shield tank, Recall.

Fade through as Moira, bee-line to objective, throw healing orb back at the choke.

Suicide charge a squishy target as D.Va with guns, missile, and boost all active.
02/09/2018 12:46 PMPosted by JustBota
Just wondering if anyone has any special tricks they like to do to disrupt an enemy defense team that has a strangle (no pun intended) on the choke point.

For example, in Anubis the defending team always seems to have a shield tank and either a bastion, torb or both along with a healer on the platform right past the choke. At least that's the way it is on console.

I like to go with the unlikely Mei at that point and just through a wall up right at the edge of where the defense is planted. Walk through towards the objective and then I'll throw up a second ice wall on the other side of the platform where they can jump in to objective. Usually can keep them all distracted just long enough that way for the rest of my team to push in.

This is a great idea and I can say that I've rarely seen it done.

For any map with a choke: dive the point. Use Winston, D.Va, Phara, Tracer... whoever... just get on the point and force the other team to peel back. Works best with teams who insist on running straight to their death at the choke points.
For Anubis my team likes to take a Lucio boosted rush through the room on the right and dash for the stairs. Everybody is always expecting left, and they have to dismantle their whole setup to stop you capping from the highground.

Volskaya? Same thing, except through the room on the left. Just dash through, hope for the best amd head for the stairs.

We dive over the top of the first healthpack building directly ahead of spawn for Eichenwalde. Any heroes we have who aren't capable can casually walk through the choke after the enemy drops their guard and charges the point at the first sign of a cap.

Hanamura is probably the most difficult choke to get through, imo. We don't have a solid, reliable strategy for that yet but we always bring a Winston for whatever that'a worth.

The Hollywood choke isn't really a choke. It's probably the easiest one in the game to just deathball through and get to better ground.
I love playing Rein on Hanamura attack when they have an Orisa.
They're bunched up together really tight, this way I can get my ult in 4-5 firestrikes, and just shatter them all.
Doomfist
There's so many things...Hmm...I just love harassing Pharas and Genjis with McCree or Bastion, that way the skies are clear and my team can go in and make some damage or defend a position.
Same goes for Tracer and Sombra, they are great disruptors. Sombra is specially good against Genji, who tends to just run away like a roach if I come for him with my Hack hand out.
On eichenwalde if I’m playing orisa and someone’s on the high ground of the choke I’ll pull em down with halt.
Usually secures a pick for our team when it happens
I usually go either Orisa, Bastion, Junkrat, or Pharah and just melt their shields.
02/09/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Neo1973
This is a great idea and I can say that I've rarely seen it done.

For any map with a choke: dive the point. Use Winston, D.Va, Phara, Tracer... whoever... just get on the point and force the other team to peel back. Works best with teams who insist on running straight to their death at the choke points.

I've found Mei can actually be quite useful, if used properly. She is really good for blocking off a planted team. I also like when the entire team is coming, to put an ice wall up after just one or two comes through a doorway. You can pick those couple off then and then have a much easier time against the rest.
if their tank is orisa and i have a good widow or hanzo, i like to use mei to throw my wall to push the orisa up out of cover of her shield and she gets picked off quickly.
then they lose their shield and makes pushing easier.

i also like to use tracer to break up choke points. just triple blink past and get far into their backline and let your blinks recharge. then harass from the back until ult is up. then try and get a kill then ult another.