When is this game ever going to get "new" content?

General Discussion
This game could really use a dlc, I'd have no problem with paying $20 for a really well done pve mode.
Lucioball should be a permanent Arcade mode. That is hands down one of my all time favorite modes the OW team has ever made.
02/10/2018 12:54 AMPosted by TheramoreITB
skins from events
We literally just got new permanent items
02/10/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Jask
"I want new content, but not all of this new content"

Yeah thats basically what Im seeing from this post.
Think about it this way, this game has added 5 new heroes, Eichenwalde, Oasis, Horizon, Junkertown, various new game modes (CtF, Deathmatch, all Arcade) skins galore, and updates at least once a month. Most people don't realize that this is more content than most games ever get. If this was CoD, there would've already been a sequel mostly rehashing all this again.

I too would like a story mode or pvp content, but you also have to think, the reason so many shooters now DON'T have story modes is because they aren't as popular. Most people who buy CoD or Battlefield never play the campaigns.

MOBAs are also just about the PVP, skins, and cosmetics, with new content being about the same as Overwatch: cosmetic.

Also, how would "Story Mode" work? Mini episodes for all 26 heroes at least. And since they add new heroes every 4 months, that is how often they'd have to add more to the story mode.

Not to mention que times and such. Comp matches would take even more time to find if less people are playing it. Don't even get me started on the Arcade modes.
02/10/2018 01:24 AMPosted by TheramoreITB
02/10/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Comixfan

You just answered your own question :)
That's not the answer that's the problem I stated.

But that's loads of new content, so how is that a problem? Beggars can't be choosers
Non-shooter PvP games, when?

You got other games in that blizzard app if you want non-fps pvp games. 2 of them are free too.
I'm up for Clan/Guild system but if it's not going to get added at a cost of resources assigned to balance or new maps/heroes.

Campaign would require much more maps and heroes for it to not be crap. Also a lot of storyline and additional interactions with objects to make it something other than "solo push payload and then headshot big bad robot x3". They might treat anniversary event as a mini-campaign, adding another story every year.
Seems the only content we get lately are new heroes, maps and skins from events
That sounds like new content to me.
You're just describing other games. Would those features be awesome? Heck yes.

Maybe they can make a separate game for only a story mode with a gallery of the comics and short. I'd buy the heck out of that....but those don't belong in this current game. That's not the point of the game and they probably just don't have room for a story mode for 26 unique heroes that's also a good length to play. Not to mention allll the maps/levels they'd have to make from scratch because the current maps just aren't made for that kind of game.

Or to put it short...you kinda have unreasonable expectations
02/10/2018 01:02 AMPosted by FeetLover
I would give them a pass if they made more barefoot skins for the characters but they aren't making enough barefoot skins.

If you're after feet, there are other websites on the internet that can cater to that.

We don't need Overwatch to do it.
02/10/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Blam320
PVE campaign would split the playerbase again and lengthen queue times across the board.

which begs the question of quality or Quantity. Really the casual playerbase would be the only thing that would be hurt for ONLY a few months considering if they did pve like they did last years uprising event.

Unless they do it differently, pve campaign would be a good option.

-

Anyway, guilds would be a perfect way for ow to be fun again, socially atleast. Guild missions maybe, or guild competitive seasons that would unlock more rewards depending on where your guild place, this would basically inspire more teamplay. It would be good for the game for people to actually interact with each other after matches with people they may or may not be familiar with if their guilds are big. Community would be less toxic overall because the reputation between those people in your guild and others outside of that guild would matter alot.
Jesus Christ no! No pve campaigns. No guilds. This is online pvp game and that's absolutely fine. If you don't like it, piss off.
02/10/2018 10:03 PMPosted by AlBobo
Jesus Christ no! No pve campaigns. No guilds. This is online pvp game and that's absolutely fine. If you don't like it, piss off.

care to give a reason why not if they were to?
Well, if Blizz wanted to make pve campaign, I wouldn't be against it. But since they didn't make pve campaign from the start and have never even said anything about making or even thinking about it in the future, I think it's dumb to think that they would start such an enormous project now.
Edit: I'm perfectly happy with the current direction this game is going.
02/10/2018 12:56 AMPosted by RickySpanish
n-non shooter pvp games? are you in the right forum?
I mean Lucio ball was a "non shooter pvp game" so...
Seems the only content we get lately are new heroes, maps and skins from events but where's the new content not seen before until ??? Campaign, when? Guilds, when? Non-shooter PvP games, when? C'mon. Rehashng can only last but for so long.

one, implying what we get its just not enough, small or bad. two, "rehashing" is hyperbole. three, the game doesnt even have 2 years for asking a complete new game that would be a campaign.

ps: wasnt lucio ball a non-shooter pvp game? im not sure what you mean there.
ps2: assuming its competive (as anyone would infer), guilds are more of a "fix" competitive mode needs. that or role que.
02/10/2018 01:48 AMPosted by Ashram
Aren’t new maps, heroes, event and cosmetics to be seen as new content ?

It fit perfectly the definition for me...

New gamemodes that aren't seasonal. The seasonal events don't add anything to the base game
02/10/2018 07:51 PMPosted by YoIplayGames
Skins, maps, gamemodes, heroes, custom games settings, these are all content and basically the limit of things they can add.

Not really. The game (At least on PS4) is only 24G, which is actually pretty small. Look at GTA V (Mind you, not in terms of gameplay, just the amount of content). Its game size (Again, at least on PS4) is 67.95G; that includes a story mode, an online mode, several races and other mini-games, and they're always adding in new things.

Blizzard is one of two things, or even both. They're either way too focused on the esports aspect and ignoring their base game and the majority of the community (In other words, the casual players), or they're just way to lazy to do anything new (Meaning apart from their current pattern).
We've been getting a steady stream of new content for literally forever now. New modes are dished out in events, polished, and then added to custom games server.
02/10/2018 12:58 AMPosted by ritzyuk
As fun as all of the events are, I hope future events don't get the Junkenstein's Revenge 2017 treatment, in which it's just the same game with one tiny change.

Same with Lúcioball and CTF, we get the same event, just this time it's got "competitive" slapped in the title. (Though I won't lie, the new Ayutthaya map is really beautiful, and the skins are quite cool).

Some sort of campaign PVE mode would be really great.

they said last year already that they probably wouldn't make new events though, just revamp the old ones so they could put more focus onto maps, heroes etc.