Junkrat's Burst-damage is ridiculous.

General Discussion
I won't even elaborate any further. I could, but I won't. I just want to have fun in this game again, without having a Junkrat in EVERY. .GAME. just spamming his around. Sorry. I just can't take this anymore.
You know, I'll bet even if they reverted junkrat back to launch (self-damage, no double mine) everyone would still complain about him.
There are ways to shut him down, but I understand his ease of use is frustrating.
Get good cry less.

Shoot him with any ranged character
Have you tried...I dunno...maybe moving out the way of his spam? not fighting him from close up?
Oh how silly of me your gold of course you haven't, better to cry about your own short comings.
I find him pretty hard too use after nerf. You have to really surprise enemies and go point blank. Otherwise it takes all day to kill someone
Correct. Junk has insane burst damage output. That's why his sustained damage output and self-sustain are garbage to compensate.
Honestly, all I want to see changed about him is something about his ultimate. I never really cared about his mines, but his ultimate is too good. Maybe either decrease its damage or give it more significant damage fall-off. Maybe increase its charge time or just revert its speed increase but make it so it can still climb up walls infinitely.
80-120 damage is pretty average as far as burst-damage goes.
02/11/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Anomalous
There are ways to shut him down, but I understand his ease of use is frustrating.

They should just make his grenades come to (almost) a dead stop instead of bouncing all over the place. This would make him more consistent, more skillful, and discourage mindless spam.
I see more gold players complain about Junkrat than any other rank tbh. junk is not op because there are things called counters, Pharah can shut him down while she flies high in the air, Zarya can gain tons of energy from spam and widow soldier and Mccree can shut him down from long ranges where he is useless. And if you are complaining about him being able to shut down flankers that’s one of his jobs, and after the nerf to his mines he’ll have an even harder time doing that. And if you are complaining about getting one shotted than that’s your fault for being close to him. Work on you’re positioning and stay with your team and Junkrat is fine. If he only had one mine again than more people would just spam with Junkrat. Wait, isn’t that what you are complaining about? Junkrat’s ability to spam? Junkrat spam is easy to play around, get a D.Va to defense matrix while your team pushes in or just take a different approach to the place where he is not spamming. And with the nerf that you can always here the tire you can know where it is and easily shoot it down.
Junkrats had the same damage since his inception. Why it would be a problem now is truly a mystery. In fact, they nerfed the mine so it's actually worse than on launch burst damage.
02/11/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Dalas120
You know, I'll bet even if they reverted junkrat back to launch (self-damage, no double mine) everyone would still complain about him.
Of course they will, baddies will always whine about Junkrat because he's a skill check hero, can't figure out that you shouldn't go into enclosed spaces with him or how to dodge his grenades? That's you're problem, not Junkrat's.
Hell even now that they made his damage wildly inconsistent and ruined his trap+mine combo they're still crying for nerfs and they'll keep crying until he's trash and easy enough for them to beat without applying any effort.
Expect to see exactly the same when they buff any of the other "f-tier" heroes.
Interesting how no one ever complained about his grenade spam until his mines and tire were buffed. Hmm...
02/11/2018 05:56 PMPosted by ZWheels
Interesting how no one ever complained about his grenade spam until his mines and tire were buffed. Hmm...
Exactly lol, people are just finding anything to put against Junkrat at this point.
Junkrat's Burst-damage is ridiculous.

Grenades and bombs are working as intended.
Ever tried countering him with Pharah, Widowmaker, or any hero who can take him out at a long range? It works wonders.

Cheers,
- PyroPanda
02/11/2018 05:00 PMPosted by CamKitty
That's it, that's the secret. You do this and you literally win the game automatically. It's that simple, folks
It's understandable that people might think Junkrat's burst damage is unfair. Have a look at this video I made to illustrate the problem for a previous thread:

https://youtu.be/dzmrYORuVwY

5 grenades going off at once isn't a common occurrence, but the fact that it can--and does--happen in tight hallways means that a lot of people have at some point in their Overwatch careers taken upwards of 600 damage in a fraction of a second because they walked around the wrong corner at the wrong time.

That's enough to instantly delete a Roadhog. Regardless of how balanced or unbalanced Junkrat is overall, taking an instant 600 damage from anything other than an ultimate will never feel fair in this game for the victim.
02/11/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Orion
It's understandable that people might think Junkrat's burst damage is unfair. Have a look at this video I made to illustrate the problem for a previous thread:

https://youtu.be/dzmrYORuVwY

5 grenades going off at once isn't a common occurrence, but the fact that it can--and does--happen in tight hallways means that a lot of people have at some point in their Overwatch careers taken upwards of 600 damage in a fraction of a second because they walked around the wrong corner at the wrong time.

That's enough to instantly delete a Roadhog. Regardless of how balanced or unbalanced Junkrat is overall, taking an instant 600 damage from anything other than an ultimate will never feel fair in this game for the victim.
But Junkrat is supposed to excel in small spaces. Heroes shouldn’t be nerfed based on their main gimmick. Like Roadhog for example without the hook combo he’d be awful, he needs the hook combo. And what do they do with his nerf? Make his hook combo awful and have what to compensate for it? A higher fire rate? Great. Sure you could say it was unfun to play against but Scatter is even more unfun to play against and it isn’t even Hanzo’s gimmick, but nope that can stay. Don’t nerf a hero at what they are supposed to be good at unless it is game breaking. For both Junkrat and Roadhog they are not gamebreaking and do not need any more nerfs
02/11/2018 05:58 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/11/2018 05:00 PMPosted by CamKitty
That's it, that's the secret. You do this and you literally win the game automatically. It's that simple, folks

He didn't say it would win you the game. He said it'd be an effective strategy to take out Junkrat. Whether your Junkrat focus puts your team at a disadvantage is another matter.