Smurfs ruin this game!.

Competitive Discussion
Let's be honest!, it's cheating. Professional sports players don't have multiple accounts, they don't play for multiple teams. But in this game it's allowed and it's soul destroying. Because smurfs don't care!, They're not interested in personal SR because they have other accounts. At what point does it stop?, the top 500 players could all have multiple accounts and that would make it pointless for everyone else.
They're also sensitive to being called 'Smurfs' from my experience!, having been banned twice and losing 100 SR for the simple reason of calling them out!.
This is a problem and it needs to be taken care of.
Smurf accounts and alt accounts are very different things.

Do some Googling please.

Look up the term "smurf" in gaming.

Thank you.
02/13/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Physics

Do some Googling please.

Thank you.

Genuine question, why would someone have an alt account in OW if not to smurf?
02/13/2018 04:14 AMPosted by silvertain

Do some Googling please.

Thank you.

Genuine question, why would someone have an alt account in OW if not to smurf?

Personally I got an alt account for flexing out of Support, since I'd rather not ruin team comps and drag everyone down by playing dps/tank when I'm otherwise a support player (which my hours show, going dps/tank will have me be called a thrower in most cases)

I know several high ranked players have alts at their own SR range (thus not smurfs, as smurfs are a high level player playing in low levels, lets say a Master playing on a Silver account, thats smurfing, a t500 playing in GM is not)
Their alts are usually since some days your main just get worse games, for example streamers have multiple since getting recognized sometimes make people downright throw.

Do some Googling please.

Thank you.

Have you googled, 'Patronising', and 'Dis-respectful'?.
Take the challenge mate.Play with the best to be the best. if you're in bronze and play with platinum smurfs all the time you'll eventually get better. Also keep in mind that they are not really better than you. They just know the game better than you . You probably have aim similar to them. The only advice i can give you is improve your game sense and best way to do that is by watching pros play.(twitch)
You can't really compare this to a professional sport. You can better compare this to a pick up game at your nearest sports center, you can try all you want to balance the teams but there can always potentially be a ringer especially if you have a group of people that invite them into their team. However, that doesn't mean that because they have one good player that you can't beat them; play to your strengths, isolate their carry, punish their teammates.

Smurfs may only be a problem on the short term as their MMR will quickly equalize to where they belong, if they throw or DC from games their accounts eventually get banned and they become a non-issue. So take the loss but try your hardest or fight hard enough to win and continue forward.
Smurfing is a result of bad matchmaking, a forceful MMR system, and competitive seasons with no rewards except a broken SR number.

Seriously, how can SR be so unstable that buying a 2nd account will yield a minimum 500SR boost? Why take it serious at this point when the dev team is worried about bringing in more half-assed character changes and their pet OWL.
if you're in bronze and play with platinum smurfs all the time you'll eventually get better

No you wont. There is a a certain gap after which the difference becomes just too large. There's nothing to learn from being spawncamped and stomped. If an adult beats down a lil kid, the kid doesnt "learn how to fight better", he simply gets beated badly.
Also keep in mind that they are not really better than you

Well, they are, in fact.
They just know the game better than you . You probably have aim similar to them

Its unpossible to stay in plat with bronze level aim, unless you are hardcore mercy main.
The only advice i can give you is improve your game sense and best way to do that is by watching pros play.(twitch)

You dont improve gamesense by watching top500 twitch in bronze. Because it wont work in bronze and if you could understand it, you wouldnt be in bronze to begin with. Bronze is all about lacking basic mechanical skills.

As for OP, he's right, smurfs are cancer of this game. This, however, has nothing to do with one staying in bronze.
Personally, I have no problem with a player making a Smurf account and playing against less experienced players. What I do have a problem with is the trolling done by said players that log into these accounts to grief low level players and cause them purposeful SR loss. They use example heroes like Mei to ice wall teammates throughout a comp match to throw the game or execute Symmetra's teleporter across the map away from the payload to cause the entire team to appear far away and not make it back to the payload on time.

Meanwhile these players main accounts are safe from any form of penalty.
02/13/2018 04:01 AMPosted by NomNom
Let's be honest!, it's cheating.
You say let's be honest and then lie in the same sentence.
Nice job.
02/13/2018 04:01 AMPosted by NomNom
it's cheating.

It's actually not. It's an exploit of the competitive ladder system. To stay in your games and stomp lower ranked players, smurfs are required to throw games. Throwing games is a bannable offense, smurfing isn't. It's not bannable because smurfing is mostly undetectable, and smurfs will rapidly gain SR until they are at their correct rank. Also, $$ for Blizzard.
02/13/2018 04:31 AMPosted by NomNom

Do some Googling please.

Thank you.

Have you Googled "Willful Ignorance"? Yeah...
I am a a GM/Top 500 level player on Reinhardt, Symmetra, Mercy, Lucio, Winston and Moira. I smurf when I want to play Hanzo, Zen, D.va and Zarya because I know I can't compete with them above the diamond level. How exactly am I cheating when I play heroes I am admittedly not proficient in? My smurf is in diamond where it belongs. Why does that bother you?
Hey Garou, i got a question for you, you still there? :)
02/14/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Garou
I am a a GM/Top 500 level player on Reinhardt, Symmetra, Mercy, Lucio, Winston and Moira. I smurf when I want to play Hanzo, Zen, D.va and Zarya because I know I can't compete with them above the diamond level. How exactly am I cheating when I play heroes I am admittedly not proficient in? My smurf is in diamond where it belongs. Why does that bother you?
You know you could just play quickplay if you think you're not proficient with a hero right?
02/14/2018 07:19 AMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR
You know you could just play quickplay if you think you're not proficient with a hero right?

You just suggested a top500 player, to go improve in quickplay.

Youre either troll baiting or you have a single digit IQ. Neither option sounds nice so please stop.
02/13/2018 04:31 AMPosted by NomNom

Do some Googling please.

Thank you.

Oh no, the horror. Did he "Man-splain" to you? Someone call the gestapo!
02/14/2018 07:19 AMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR

I hope you realise quickplay is horrible for that right. You get the most random !@#$ on your team, people leaving all the time, like all random ranked teammates. I never, ever play quickplay for those reasons, a second account and just playing competitive is so much better. It's completely fine to get another account and practise other heroes on it. Do you see a mercy/moira main start practising mccree or widow for example in competitive on their main? Because quickplay is in no way proper practise.
02/14/2018 07:14 AMPosted by BOO
Hey Garou, i got a question for you, you still there? :)

I'm here, what's up?