Please rethink the nerf for Lucio CTF

General Discussion
Yes I know hes irritating to people that he can just dive in and run away. But when I played Lucio and got 3 back to back swoops, it was only in silver rank. Now i'm at gold and every time the enemy team will at least have a Junkrat or Symmetra, meaning both of them will either slow me down or completely shut me down. Since then I never was able to do that trick on all maps.

But if you say that the whole team busts their ultimates then the Lucio comes in to take it, they probably deserves it and was fair and square, nothing fishy about it.

Then when Lucio and any other heroes has the flag, all their abilities means flag drop, but if Lucio has the flag, the enemy still has full control of the flag and could just easily catch up to him (by using D.Va, Winston, Pharah etc.).

But what I am saying is that in Plat above, I am more than positive that this will not work in any way. So please don't nerf Lucio in this mode.
you must be a bad lucio then because good lucios become sanic and climb so high up its impossible to follow them

lucio on normal comp needs to stay with his team but ctf nope he can wallride without caring which means he is almost impossible to kill
As a grandmaster in CTF who can play Lucio: holy !@#$, nerf Lucio!
I was already wondering if he isn't a little broken in this mode. But Papa Jeff was faster.
https://gfycat.com/TallGrandioseFruitfly
Look at this. MAte this trash happens in masters. I don't mind his speed boost alone since you may as well work together with your hog or DVA to cap and speed them back but the wall ride allows him to do these ridiculous solo caps on every map.
Wait I wanna know what Jeff said about Lucio
02/12/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're patching Lúcio very soon.

He will drop the flag on wall ride.

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy
welp. After playing a little more. I changed my mind. They should nerf it. But not taking away the whole wallride machanic for that mode. Just that he can't get the boost for connecting wallrides.
02/13/2018 06:02 AMPosted by SaltySalt
welp. After playing a little more. I changed my mind. They should nerf it. But not taking away the whole wallride machanic for that mode. Just that he can't get the boost for connecting wallrides.

That's changing the characters abilities and game values. A custom character patch, like how they had to restrict Ana's sleep darts in Mayhem. It's easier to just allow the flag to be dropped on wall ride.
I main Lucio... Love playing him but omg in CTF he is a must pick - and a Must counter. - Now - countering him is fairly simple using any defensive units. Junk Trap - Symettra - Torb Turret all counter but all it takes is a single assist from a teammate to allow lucio to get ahold of the flag and away from a defensive setup. One hes away - he's way too difficult to stop.

I think dropping on wall ride is an acceptable "quick fix" but its too much a part of how Lucio plays to be the end fix. Maybe in a future patch allow wall ride but remove the speedboost in ctf.

That said, if it has to stay its still better for the game mode for Lucio to not be such a factor by himself.