QP MM is horrible....

General Discussion
02/13/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Mongorians
But BruuUUuUUuuhhhhh...ITS JUST KEWWWPEEE...

amirite?

apparently blizz doesn't care what goes on in qp[ul][/ul]

Or arcade. It's about OWL and Competitive.
02/13/2018 02:18 PMPosted by WarmasterCly
Quick Play is about quick matches, not balanced matches.
I don't have OW in front of me, but it at least used to say:

"Quick Play: Jump into a game against other players of your skill level".

So yeah, balance does matter.

02/13/2018 02:18 PMPosted by WarmasterCly
A much more balanced mode is the Competitive mode. It's not perfect by any means, but much more balanced in general.
Competitive has its own issues, one of them is the strict rules regarding reliability of your network connection and hardware if you want to avoid a ban. The playerbase has made it very clear; do not play Comp if you remotely have network/power issues.

The next mode that's comparable to Comp is QP. So based upon the blurb and it being needed as a mode for people who cannot (or will not) play Comp, balance needs to be an important factor.
02/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by BrokenFlames
im a 3.1k/3,4k player. I get golds and silvers in all my games even though I'm know im a diamond player (top ~10% on all stats on sombra on overbuff ^-^)

Does your arm hurt from jerking yourself so hard? hahaha
02/13/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Mongorians
But BruuUUuUUuuhhhhh...ITS JUST KEWWWPEEE...

amirite?

apparently blizz doesn't care what goes on in qp[ul][/ul]

Well at least they don't care when we quit out of matches (that are horribly unbalanced). So we got that going for us...
Not gonna lie... I don't believe you.
02/13/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Buttercult
Not gonna lie... I don't believe you.

Not going to lie, this was probably the most useless post I've ever read on these forums.

"it never happened to me so clearly it never happens!"
They need to be more strict with leavers in QP and Arcade
so what if it isn't competitive, there are people who still try and want to actually win games
reduced xp for leaving games is too lenient, if someone who doesn't care about winning (leavers) they're not going to care about reduced xp
I've noticed that when I queue for QP i'll get a certain team, lose, next game it'll give me the same people - doesn't make sense. If I recently lost a game with those people why am I being put with them again? It's rare to see any close games anymore, it's either stomp or be stomped
4.2k isnt top 500
02/13/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Fragehardt
Yeah, but if the game took longer queue times for better (more balanced) matchmaking people would complain "it takes 4 minutes to find a match in QUICK play"....
They might complain, but it would be baseless. I can't think of a single player who wouldn't mind waiting a little longer to get into a match that is actually worth playing. Given the choices between a 2-minute wait for a game that is a one-sided stomp, and a 4-minute wait for a game that is somewhat evenly matched which would you pick?

02/13/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Boomka
Your Comp SR means nothing in QP.
True, but are you implying that a Masters isn't going to stomp a Silver? They might be a one-trick, but the Masters isn't about to forget how to play or lose their mechanical skills just because they pick a hero they don't "main". I'd go out on a limb and say that an 1800 SR player is going to lose to a 4k+ every time.

02/13/2018 02:45 PMPosted by ǶSpicyBoi
but is it really fair to make GM players wait 10 minutes to find a game in QUICK Play?
Given how often the game seems to place low or non-ranked players up against those of 3500+ I don't think it would increase the wait times that much. The difference would be that instead of being placed in a match they're going to stomp, they have to wait a couple of extra minutes and get placed with other Masters/GMs.

02/13/2018 04:16 PMPosted by DaSquyd
It's because it's "Quick Play" and not "Wait 5 Minutes For a Balanced Game Play."
If you want to start getting technical, then let's quote Blizzard themselves. "Quickplay: Jump into a game against other players of your skill level". The wording from Blizzard themselves implies that QP will have a somewhat balanced MM system in place, but I can 100% guarantee that a 2k player is not "of the same skill level" as a 4k.

02/13/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Boopǃ
Nothing has been done, and it's not a rare occurrence.
The thing is, nothing has been done for over 18 months. Either Blizzard thinks their system is fine (in which case they're idiots) or just doesn't care about balancing the 'casual' modes because this is a video game and it's here to make money, not be fun.

02/13/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Boopǃ
One day perhaps Blizzard will realise that it's the casual players who generate the most hype and make the most purchases in their games. The game wouldn't have sold 30 million copies if it wasn't one of the most casual-friendly pick-up-and-play shooters around.
02/13/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Tuckletuts

02/13/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Boopǃ
One day perhaps Blizzard will realise that it's the casual players who generate the most hype and make the most purchases in their games. The game wouldn't have sold 30 million copies if it wasn't one of the most casual-friendly pick-up-and-play shooters around.

lol as if. I love the whole "lets just ignore the problem and it will go away" philosophy they have there.