Mercy/Junk Change NOT in OWL?

Competitive Discussion
As the title suggest, those of you who were excited to see OWL without the cancer that is the Mercy meta will be disappointed.

Why was this decision made?

How long will it take for live patches to be ported to the OWL build of the game? (I am assuming OWL runs a different build)

I love OWL. I find it quite entertaining, but also educational in improving my own gameplay, but the educational part is somewhat hindered when the pros do not compete bound by the same game mechanics as the rest of us. Additionally, I am sure most would agree the Mercy changes will make for MUCH more interesting compositions and higher intensity gameplay creating an overall more entertaining experience for viewers.
Feb 10th after the first stage is when we will see the hero changes in OWL.
02/01/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Solid00d
As the title suggest, those of you who were excited to see OWL without the cancer that is the Mercy meta will be disappointed.

Why was this decision made?

How long will it take for live patches to be ported to the OWL build of the game? (I am assuming OWL runs a different build)

I love OWL. I find it quite entertaining, but also educational in improving my own gameplay, but the educational part is somewhat hindered when the pros do not compete bound by the same game mechanics as the rest of us. Additionally, I am sure most would agree the Mercy changes will make for MUCH more interesting compositions and higher intensity gameplay creating an overall more entertaining experience for viewers.

Gotta wait until stage 2 I believe. Waiting on changes helps them prepare and know how the game will be played. It gives time for bugs and issues to show themselves and get fixed. It gives consistency to the players and their rosters. Maybe one patch goes bad and they need to fix it in a week, you wouldn't want to have 4 days of games get ruined or allow them to claim "the
Is was unfair, we shouldn't have these games count".