why is QP an excuse to not play well?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
02/05/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Squidbarrel
02/05/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Pachanga

But please try to use something that works. If Moira is not working for me, I go Zen. If Widow is not working, I might go Soldier or Reaper.

If it doesn’t work and you are getting countered and not contesting or killing, then you are not playing as you should.

Why is it your desicion how someone else "should" play?

Because it's a TEAM game.
02/05/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Baja
They should just make a “practice mode”....it can even be identical to qp (with maybe the exception being allowing hero stacking)...all you really need is a clear distinction that this is THE mode where you should do this....maybe even get rid of rewards for winning....

QP IS NOT PRACTICE MODE....but it IS the current place to do so because that distinction hasn’t been made yet

PS - the ACTUAL current practice mode is technically CUSTOM GAMES but people are too lazy to A) search for or B) create games...let alone the extra clicking to get there

PSS - QP is actually a TERRIBLE way to practice for comp

Yes; so much yes.
02/05/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Maxy
If you want to win just pick last and fill in the gaps.

That's what I usually do; tyvm,
bla bla bla... you are fighting something which is only in your head.
Almost no one, and certainly not the majority, thinks "oh I am going to play crap (on purpose) tonight, let's play QP and make sure we lose many games in a row"

Most likely you are just blaming your team mate because.. it's convenient, right? You are so good right? But you team mate always drag you down! Poor you....
It's always your team who has double sniper and 5 DPS with 0% accuracy, while the your enemy team is always 2/2/2 and skillful? I feel you man. For the hypocrite that you are.
02/05/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Lloyd
bla bla bla... you are fighting something which is only in your head.
Almost no one, and certainly not the majority, thinks "oh I am going to play crap (on purpose) tonight, let's play QP and make sure we lose many games in a row"

Most likely you are just blaming your team mate because.. it's convenient, right? You are so good right? But you team mate always drag you down! Poor you....
It's always your team who has double sniper and 5 DPS with 0% accuracy, while the your enemy team is always 2/2/2 and skillful? I feel you man. For the hypocrite that you are.

I will not answer your ridiculous statement for fear of getting banned... Because I'd have a lot to tell you, and you might not like it.
02/04/2018 06:43 PMPosted by ComftblyNumb
There's two types of QP players. Those who see it purely as a place to practice, a place where while winning is important, self improvement takes precedence over everything else, meaning even if they have an uncoordinated team who isn't doing anything right, they ignore that and carry on trying their best because they know they are improving, and learning, which is precisely what they use QP for. They know it's not a place where one should expect to find perfect comps, good communication, etc.

The second type of QP player is the one who is there to win, to get a good team comp, and that will ask others to switch off, because again, the focus is on the win and if the win doesn't come, they will get frustrated and feel like it was a waste of time.

There's a third type: those who see it as purely a place to do whatever they want because they can, team be hanged. The third type is the most numerous, outnumbering the first two by far.
02/05/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Catbus
02/04/2018 06:43 PMPosted by ComftblyNumb
There's two types of QP players. Those who see it purely as a place to practice, a place where while winning is important, self improvement takes precedence over everything else, meaning even if they have an uncoordinated team who isn't doing anything right, they ignore that and carry on trying their best because they know they are improving, and learning, which is precisely what they use QP for. They know it's not a place where one should expect to find perfect comps, good communication, etc.

The second type of QP player is the one who is there to win, to get a good team comp, and that will ask others to switch off, because again, the focus is on the win and if the win doesn't come, they will get frustrated and feel like it was a waste of time.

There's a third type: those who see it as purely a place to do whatever they want because they can, team be hanged. The third type is the most numerous, outnumbering the first two by far.

And the most cancerous
02/05/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Krodgerdat
so i guess by your logic i can't ride the blizzworld coaster with the enemy because someone else doesn't want me too? QP is for having fun and a part of that is doing what you want. if you want people that play to win play comp. if not, then don't expect people to take a casual gamemode seriously.

If you're only in it to feed your fragile ego, then you bought the wrong game!
For those that say it's just for practice my response is practice to win even if it's a character you don't play much otherwise you practice yourself into a I don't care if I win mindset. Practice but practice to win, if at some point it becomes detrimental step away and work on the win and try again next game but pushing it in a losing situation will cause you frustration with the character and the team.
02/05/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Krodgerdat
so i guess by your logic i can't ride the blizzworld coaster with the enemy because someone else doesn't want me too? QP is for having fun and a part of that is doing what you want. if you want people that play to win play comp. if not, then don't expect people to take a casual gamemode seriously.

If you really want to play on the rides you can always make a custom game.
02/05/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Hireath
Because generaly people want to play the heroes they want, But in ranked you are usually forced to take what your team need, In QP you can take what you really want to take, Relax and having fun without consequences, You can train your skill as a hero, QP is a great gamemode :)

Let's see how gun you have when matched with 5 other people
with the same attitude several games in a row.
02/05/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Rob
02/05/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Hireath
Because generaly people want to play the heroes they want, But in ranked you are usually forced to take what your team need, In QP you can take what you really want to take, Relax and having fun without consequences, You can train your skill as a hero, QP is a great gamemode :)

Indeed.
02/04/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Pachanga
I'm just tired of it. I can't even make suggestions to change a pick or strategy when we are being wrecked without someone saying "relax its QP" or "if I wanted to play well I would go to ranked".

Why do we allow such mentality or behaviour?

Because it true and completely normal? Quick Play isnt ranked and so even if you want strategy people can play what they want. Stop being rancid about it. Competitive is the only mode where it really matters. You can present a suggestion but dont expect someone to adopt it in QP. It QP.
02/06/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Henicide
I'm just tired of it. I can't even make suggestions to change a pick or strategy when we are being wrecked without someone saying "relax its QP" or "if I wanted to play well I would go to ranked".

Because it true and completely normal? Quick Play isnt ranked and so even if you want strategy people can play what they want. Stop being rancid about it. Competitive is the only mode where it really matters. You can present a suggestion but dont expect someone to adopt it in QP. It QP.

Sadly, you -the selfish person- can easily ruin 5 other people's game (doesn't matter if it's not ranked).

If you think about it in greater terms, being a selfish player has no room in a team based game.

If you just don't care, go play a custom game.
Because it's "quick-play". Seriously, there needs to be a middle ground. A mode like "competitive practice" or something.
02/06/2018 01:39 PMPosted by CyMister
Because it's "quick-play". Seriously, there needs to be a middle ground. A mode like "competitive practice" or something.

Lets leave QP being the middle ground and just revamp a full PRACTICE mode.

Then we won't have to suffer people using the "I'm practicing" argument.
After 8 games in a row with Hanzo/Widow and no healer I just don't care about qp anymore
02/04/2018 12:53 PMPosted by DPSMercy

QP is a place to practice heroes in online matches. You cant tell them to swap to their main or something if they are practicing to become a better Hanzo for example. They should make a new gamemode exactly like Comp, but the only difference is that you do not lose SR. Like Off-Season.

...i didn't know you could play off-season.
02/06/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Pachanga
02/05/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Rob

Indeed.

I already have been matched a lot of time in a row with a comp with 5 Dps, I don't mind that ...

Losing or winning don't matter in QP because there is no rewards so why bother trying hard to win ?
02/06/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Hireath
02/06/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Pachanga

Indeed.

I already have been matched a lot of time in a row with a comp with 5 Dps, I don't mind that ...

Losing or winning don't matter in QP because there is no rewards so why bother trying hard to win ?

Mmm... why bother playing?