Yet another forced loss streak after a season high.

Competitive Discussion
02/07/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Babanovac
This is the presentation, although i can't remember when he says it. But it's worth watching the whole thing, really interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pglxege-gU

I don't know if the guys worked with Blizzard or not on the match making, but they are in the same company.

Another interesting thing he says is that he likes broad chunky groups such as Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Subdivisions of those chunky groups are good for players to see progression but,

They're kind of meaningless to compare, players within those chunky groups but it's nice for the players to see something.
02/07/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Babanovac
This is the presentation, although i can't remember when he says it. But it's worth watching the whole thing, really interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pglxege-gU

I don't know if the guys worked with Blizzard or not on the match making, but they are in the same company.

Another interesting thing he says is that he likes broad chunky groups such as Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Subdivisions of those chunky groups are good for players to see progression but,

[quote]They're kind of meaningless to compare, players within those chunky groups but it's nice for the players to see something.

Yeah, i was pretty shocked to see the level of manipulation you can obtain with these algorithms if you have enough players to choose from. You can basically make the games be as hard or as easy as you want. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually use this matchmaker to create an addiction. Like giving you the proper games dangling a carrot in front of you, combining wins and losses at the proper times, to maximize your play time.

[quote]They're kind of meaningless to compare, players within those chunky groups but it's nice for the players to see something.

Yeah, i was pretty shocked to see the level of manipulation you can obtain with these algorithms if you have enough players to choose from. You can basically make the games be as hard or as easy as you want. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually use this matchmaker to create an addiction. Like giving you the proper games dangling a carrot in front of you, combining wins and losses at the proper times, to maximize your play time.

And another thing i noticed. The guy said they don't actually strive to create perfectly balanced games. Because perfectly balanced games are intense, and you can't have too many of those because you burn out. I mean really?...