Thanks everyone! And I mean it.

Competitive Discussion
So, today was going quite usual, a few comp, mixed with good and bad matches, I was about to give up entirely of trying to get anything else done in this season when My last match of the day poped up and I never expected that it would have such a positive effect on my day.

When I saw junkertown's loading screen, I got a bit dissapointed, its one of my worst maps, not that junkertown itself is bad, its just that I'm usualy underperforming on the map due to my own mistakes, but it got worse. My team gets what I like to call a "I dont want anything to do with all of you" comp. We have to defend with a 76, widowmaker, reaper, roadhog, lucio and mercy, and the first round goes down the drain as quickly as you can say "mercy nerf". We end up 3-0.

This is where things start to get out of control, everyone is screaming in voice chat, blaming each other for the bad defense, and I got angry when they started pointing fingers at me as mercy, so I press my push to talk and say: "All we needed was teamwork and we could've won" The team chat goes silent and so I decided to keep talking "our only tank was roadhog, and he was doing his best to hold up the comp, our lucio switched to genji cause, let's be honest, even I felt that we were lacking damage. Reaper, you were always behind the enemy team, even if we had 5 healers and you, we wouldn't be able to keep you alive. No offense widowmaker, but I barely saw you on the killfeed, I know you have more experience with other heroes, its on your profile, could you please work with us a bit?"

After that I was about to press the button to leave the voice chat, expecting to be flamed and offended for playing a mercy, but before I could do that I hear the widow's voice saying "I can rein, who's good at dpsing?" And after the voicechat light up again with everyone, but instead of turning on each other, they're organizing themselves and we ended up with orisa, rein, mercy, moira, reaper and bastion for attack, but what was more surprising was that everyone was calling enemy movement on the voicechat. Whenever I heard "junk behind", "reaper above" "got their mercy" I felt a bit bad for having sort of a harsh tone when I spoke to them just a moment ago.

We made it to 3-3 and ended up winning with 3-4 with a seccond chance at defense. And then they were thanking each other for the great game and talking about how one or the other had made a great play and somwhow I felt happy, not only for the victory but for how lucky I was, they were a great team, they proved that to me, and it felt good to see it.

I know this post will soon be lost to the depts of the forum archives, but I still felt the need to come here and say thanks to you all. Not only to those five on my side of the match, but to all of you guys out there willing to work with each other, because you give me hope of seeing a better game, even in the lower rankings where I play.

You are hope.
02/07/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Zam
So, today was going quite usual, a few comp, mixed with good and bad matches, I was about to give up entirely of trying to get anything else done in this season when My last match of the day poped up and I never expected that it would have such a positive effect on my day.

When I saw junkertown's loading screen, I got a bit dissapointed, its one of my worst maps, not that junkertown itself is bad, its just that I'm usualy underperforming on the map due to my own mistakes, but it got worse. My team gets what I like to call a "I dont want anything to do with all of you" comp. We have to defend with a 76, widowmaker, reaper, roadhog, lucio and mercy, and the first round goes down the drain as quickly as you can say "mercy nerf". We end up 3-0.

This is where things start to get out of control, everyone is screaming in voice chat, blaming each other for the bad defense, and I got angry when they started pointing fingers at me as mercy, so I press my push to talk and say: "All we needed was teamwork and we could've won" The team chat goes silent and so I decided to keep talking "our only tank was roadhog, and he was doing his best to hold up the comp, our lucio switched to genji cause, let's be honest, even I felt that we were lacking damage. Reaper, you were always behind the enemy team, even if we had 5 healers and you, we wouldn't be able to keep you alive. No offense widowmaker, but I barely saw you on the killfeed, I know you have more experience with other heroes, its on your profile, could you please work with us a bit?"

After that I was about to press the button to leave the voice chat, expecting to be flamed and offended for playing a mercy, but before I could do that I hear the widow's voice saying "I can rein, who's good at dpsing?" And after the voicechat light up again with everyone, but instead of turning on each other, they're organizing themselves and we ended up with orisa, rein, mercy, moira, reaper and bastion for attack, but what was more surprising was that everyone was calling enemy movement on the voicechat. Whenever I heard "junk behind", "reaper above" "got their mercy" I felt a bit bad for having sort of a harsh tone when I spoke to them just a moment ago.

We made it to 3-3 and ended up winning with 3-4 with a seccond chance at defense. And then they were thanking each other for the great game and talking about how one or the other had made a great play and somwhow I felt happy, not only for the victory but for how lucky I was, they were a great team, they proved that to me, and it felt good to see it.

I know this post will soon be lost to the depts of the forum archives, but I still felt the need to come here and say thanks to you all. Not only to those five on my side of the match, but to all of you guys out there willing to work with each other, because you give me hope of seeing a better game, even in the lower rankings where I play.

You are hope.

I am happy for you.
But I can bet this experience is one out of 10.
02/07/2018 08:59 AMPosted by adolfie

I am happy for you.
But I can bet this experience is one out of 10.

Not a common experience, yes, but shows that there is still good in this game and community, something that sometimes, it's quite hard to belive.
It warms my heart when people actually work together, make swaps, callouts, and compliments during a game. I only wish they had done that during the first hero select screen so your tone didn't have to be harsh. You handled things well and as a result got your win. Congrats to you.
Refreshing to read a good experience story every now and then.
i like this post, this post makes me happy