Any balance planned for Tracer or Genji in the near future?

General Discussion
^ title?
No, they are both in a good place.
Tracer is balanced, she has always been. High skill, high reward. Low skill, low reward. She simply lacks a very effective hard counter, and to be honest, counters like Bastion is to Winston are and should be very rare in Overwatch anyways.

Genji is buggy as &^%&*. Won't stop them from leaving him the way he is though. Just check the 1700 upvote deflect thread. We still get no response for deflecting through walls. Can't even get him fixed, good luck getting him nerfed
02/07/2018 11:37 PMPosted by LockerNo2
Tracer is balanced, she has always been. High skill, high reward. Low skill, low reward. She simply lacks a very effective hard counter, and to be honest, counters like Bastion is to Winston are and should be very rare in Overwatch anyways.

Genji is buggy as &^%&*. Won't stop them from leaving him the way he is though. Just check the 1700 upvote deflect thread. We still get no response for deflecting through walls. Can't even get him fixed, good luck getting him nerfed

"High skill, High reward" and once you achieve that, you pretty much have 0 counters and can be played anywhere. Compare that to Widow who is probably more difficult yet can be heavily punished and not played every single map. #NerfTracer #QueenofOW
02/07/2018 11:35 PMPosted by pooch

Top DPS since forever, "good place"
02/07/2018 11:41 PMPosted by BoopBot

Yeah, top place is good place kappa.

Am sorry, we've already been through this. There is no such a thing as a "balanced" hero that doesn't have any hard counters. I made this thread specially for Tracer actually, wither they intend to balance her or not..we just need any kind of statement at this point. The constant dodging to Genji/Tracer topics is starting to feel unhealthy.

lol what are you talking about the deflect through walls got nerfed a long time ago. The only bugs genji has is his ultimate doing no damage at the last second swing, wall climbing.
02/07/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Tobi
Compare that to Widow who is probably more difficult

wat? widow is one of the easiest heroes in the game.

just learn to counter tracer, simple.

Top DPS since season 4. Nice memory tho
wat? widow is one of the easiest heroes in the game.

just learn to counter tracer, simple

What?

Widow is insanely hard to play well. Much harder than genji or tracer in my experience.

And with what exactly do you counter tracer? Mccree? Interesting. Tell that to the best players in overwatch, they apparently didn't realize your genius yet.

The deflect through walls was patched and fixed a while back. It was mentioned in the patchnotes.
02/07/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Akheron

Am sorry, we've already been through this. There is no such a thing as a "balanced" hero that doesn't have any hard counters. I made this thread specially for Tracer actually, wither they intend to balance her or not..we just need any kind of statement at this point. The constant dodging to Genji/Tracer topics is starting to feel unhealthy.
Who’s Soldiers hard counter? Roadhog?
A balanced hero CAN exist without hard counters. So many people want a press-button-for-win type of counter, but that won't exist simply because it's not fair. You really think Winston counters Widow? Check out Kephrii, he destroys Winstons with Widowmaker. You think 76 HARD counters Pharah? That sure explains how Pharah is still used in Master/GM. There's really no such thing as a "HARD counter" in Master/GM/Top 500, because games are hardly ever resolved into a hero v hero fight.

Regarding my point, I still stand that Tracer is balanced, AND she doesn't have any HARD counters. However, at the levels where a competent Tracer reaches, there are also competent McCree, Sombra, Hanzo, Roadhog, and the like. You just need skill to counter skill.

In addition, it's more about reworking her (theoretical) soft-counters to be more viable in a team comp than nerfing Tracer, like Mei, Sombra, or the like in my opinion. I'm not against Tracer being oppressed/suppressed in some way, I'm just saying it would be better off working something other than Tracer
02/08/2018 01:01 AMPosted by Arashi
02/07/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Akheron

Who’s Soldiers hard counter? Roadhog?

There is nothing particularly hard about killing soldier, his hitbox is fair and his self sustain doesn't make him unkillable. Roadhog, Dva, Genji and even winston can kill him just fine, plus he can hardly be as effective vs shield tanks. can you say the same about Tracer tho? nothing about her is fair, not her hitbox, her mobility, her burst damage and falloff nor her sustain. She is OP by design.
02/08/2018 01:22 AMPosted by LockerNo2
A balanced hero CAN exist without hard counters. So many people want a press-button-for-win type of counter, but that won't exist simply because it's not fair. You really think Winston counters Widow? Check out Kephrii, he destroys Winstons with Widowmaker. You think 76 HARD counters Pharah? That sure explains how Pharah is still used in Master/GM. There's really no such thing as a "HARD counter" in Master/GM/Top 500, because games are hardly ever resolved into a hero v hero fight.

Best Winston players in the world switch off winston when there is a bastion on the enemy team, same goes if there is a reaper. Chipsa, rank #1 doomfist, switches to genji when enemy have Roadhog, mcree or reaper. Wraxu, rank #1 Hanzo, still can't play his main vs winston/dva and switches to pharah or roadhog. this is just assuming that your argument is logical, the game is not balanced around the 1% of the community in top 500.

Now who forces a Tracer to switch? nothing. She works with any team comp as well as against any team comp. That is not a balanced hero, she's OP and it's actually depressing how much she's downplayed by the community.

according to what? cuz it aint plat, where you're sitting.
genji is infact statistically a bad pick below diamond.
02/08/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Akheron
02/08/2018 01:22 AMPosted by LockerNo2

Best Winston players in the world switch off winston when there is a bastion on the enemy team, same goes if there is a reaper. Chipsa, rank #1 doomfist, switches to genji when enemy have Roadhog, mcree or reaper. Wraxu, rank #1 Hanzo, still can't play his main vs winston/dva and switches to pharah or roadhog. this is just assuming that your argument is logical, the game is not balanced around the 1% of the community in top 500.

Now who forces a Tracer to switch? nothing. She works with any team comp as well as against any team comp. That is not a balanced hero, she's OP and it's actually depressing how much she's downplayed by the community.

Then what causes 76 to switch? And what causes Kephrii to switch from Widowmaker other than a triple tank comp?

My argument is also that if we are talking about gold/platinum (where most players are), a Tracer can hardly reach THAT level of competence to completely destroy game balance. At lower levels, Tracer is neigh a troll pick (I've seen my silver friend get told to get off Tracer because she deals too little damage). At higher levels, while Tracers get more powerful, so do her counters.

I can agree that Tracer right now does not have very significant Winston-bastion type of countering, but the best you can say is that they need to create some hero to oppress her more (or just...ya know, fix Mei), but I maintain that Tracer is balanced
Blizzard's working on a lot of the F Tier heroes that in theory counter Genji and Tracer.

When Doomfist, Symmetra and Mei get buffed, Genji and Tracer should drop.
02/08/2018 07:10 AMPosted by LockerNo2
02/08/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Akheron

Then what causes 76 to switch? And what causes Kephrii to switch from Widowmaker other than a triple tank comp?

My argument is also that if we are talking about gold/platinum (where most players are), a Tracer can hardly reach THAT level of competence to completely destroy game balance. At lower levels, Tracer is neigh a troll pick (I've seen my silver friend get told to get off Tracer because she deals too little damage). At higher levels, while Tracers get more powerful, so do her counters.

I can agree that Tracer right now does not have very significant Winston-bastion type of countering, but the best you can say is that they need to create some hero to oppress her more (or just...ya know, fix Mei), but I maintain that Tracer is balanced

well, in that bottom level ppl also say sym is op and need to be nerfed. that's why you don't balance the game around the bottom tier either. you balance around mid diamond where ppl have gathered enough experience and mechanical skills to play the game on a standard level. not so low that they don't know how to position themselves, or too high that they don't miss a single headshot.

At that level Tracer is a big problem, a hero that have every tool in the game (best mobility, sustain, tiny hitbox and burst damage) if you can deal with tracer at this level no problem you will rank up to where you can't anymore. stop contradicting yourself by saying she have no counters yet somehow she's balanced, there is zero logic in that statement.

blizz are just holding up on nerfing her because (a) they favor their poster hero (b) they believe the problem is the meta not the hero

Given what Jeff said about hero 27 being a meta changer, i think they are hoping that the meta will switch to where Tracer and Genji aren't that overwhelming anymore so they wont be forced to actually nerf their favorite heroes.