text

General Discussion
02/09/2018 12:09 AMPosted by FurryTrash
There aren’t any draws in soccer
??????????
Soccer/football does end in draws.
Hockey used to end in ties, but they changed it.
There aren’t any draws in soccer, or baseball, or football, or any other freakin’ sport!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/unturned-bunker/images/d/d3/Dude_what.png/revision/latest?cb=20160311115440

(boy do I hope the new forums will allow links or even image posting)
There aren’t any draws in soccer, or baseball, or football, or any other freakin’ sport!

There are actually draws in soccer quite frequently and you can also tie in football.
There are draws in soccer (European football) and draws can also happen in American football in the regular season but not playoffs. But there are no draws in baseball, hockey or basketball.
02/09/2018 12:10 AMPosted by FLARA
There aren’t any draws in soccer
??????????

That's right.

Any draw in soccer is considered a loss to the favoured team, with that team's lazy or poor performance punished by firing their manager instead.
I agree. The amount of draws in OWL isn't high but it's higher than it should be.

In regular games, I'm unsure since I've avoided comp a lot...but the feeling of nothing changing after a 15+ minute game is crappy.

They've likely brainstormed solutions, but I think a tie-breaker is necessary.

Why not make the tie-breaker a 6v6 elimination on the map they're playing?

Hah, who am I kidding...dislike away.
02/09/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Gnome
I agree. The amount of draws in OWL isn't high but it's higher than it should be.

In regular games, I'm unsure since I've avoided comp a lot...but the feeling of nothing changing after a 15+ minute game is crappy.

They've likely brainstormed solutions, but I think a tie-breaker is necessary.

Why not make the tie-breaker a 6v6 elimination on the map they're playing?

Hah, who am I kidding...dislike away.

If by draws, you mean for a single map, I don't mind it. Treat each map similar to a quarter/period in sports like football and hockey.