Canadian hero ?

General Discussion
I have seen a similar topic but I noticed there was no suggestions of what could be used if one was to be made. In itself it isn't a problem but as my self a Canadian I would love for my flag to be in too. To be accurate, I'm French-Canadian from the province of Quebec and I can only imagine some funny voice lines using the French-Quebecer considering how much notorious it was for some reasons.(If you never heard of French-Quebecer, just think of it as the Aussiest version of English but in french and people just think it's hilarious). At some point, this Canadian character could even be an autochthon(Native American) since there's a good handful of them in the country especially in the protected reserves.(My cousin has native blood).

I'm no character designer but I feel confident of how much I know the stereotype of a Canadian and I feel like spreading some ideas for possible uses.

Canada is known to be a very lush and rich in forests and because of that we are often associated to be born-lumberjacks who drinks maple water directly from maple trees (As a matter of fact, while I don't work as a lumberjack, I do drink maple water from buckets collecting the water from maple trees, it's delicious!)

I can also speculate that Quebecer humorists are rather famous, we often have some have the opportunity to travel to Europe in France to make their show and use the most of their Quebecer speech and jokes and they have quite the success.

Then I know Canada is in general a very welcoming and multi-cultural country where we most of the time welcome pretty much any foreigners to our country with open arms(No surprise here, we have such a big country but so few people).
Though because of that it might be difficult to choose a primary language for that idea of character considering most heroes have a primary language or accent.

I'll come with more content in the future, I just need to think more and I'll add some other stuff with edits. Meanwhile, if you're from another province of Canada and feel like speaking for your province feel free to comment below.

Sincerely yours (English)
Cordialement (Français)
Bonsouère (Québécois)

Edit #1:

A flashing idea, I was imagining a hero with a axe as weapon, maybe this could be the first non-tank hero to have a proper melee primary weapon or maybe a hero using a musket-like weapon to remind of the old hunter-style of the renaissance era.
xqc
Pretty sure Pharah's half Native Canadian.
02/10/2018 03:09 PMPosted by watyll
xqc

xqc does not apologize nearly enough to be a model Canadian.
Needs to be a mechanical Moose or something.

Maybe an omnic Moose.
02/10/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Doncroft
Pretty sure Pharah's half Native Canadian.
I thought she was Native American
But in like the area of the United States due to a the style of culture they have pulled for it
I want to see a canadian hero in OW. But it looks like Blizz don't even seems to care or maybe they're working on it right now even if we asked for a canadian hero 2 years ago...I'm canadian too btw et quebecois. Jsuis totallement d'accord avec toi darkwhip0331
From what I've heard, any kind of Canadian likeness in the game has been restricted by the Canadian government. Hence why there's no Canadian flag icon.
Mei can be half Canadian at the very least, with the winter theme and "sorry" voice line.
02/10/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Darkwhip0331
I have seen a similar topic but I noticed there was no suggestions of what could be used if one was to be made. In itself it isn't a problem but as my self a Canadian I would love for my flag to be in too. To be accurate, I'm French-Canadian from the province of Quebec and I can only imagine some funny voice lines using the French-Quebecer considering how much notorious it was for some reasons.(If you never heard of French-Quebecer, just think of it as the Aussiest version of English but in french and people just think it's hilarious). At some point, this Canadian character could even be an autochthon(Native American) since there's a good handful of them in the country especially in the protected reserves.(My cousin has native blood).

I'm no character designer but I feel confident of how much I know the stereotype of a Canadian and I feel like spreading some ideas for possible uses.

Canada is known to be a very lush and rich in forests and because of that we are often associated to be born-lumberjacks who drinks maple water directly from maple trees (As a matter of fact, while I don't work as a lumberjack, I do drink maple water from buckets collecting the water from maple trees, it's delicious!)

I can also speculate that Quebecer humorists are rather famous, we often have some have the opportunity to travel to Europe in France to make their show and use the most of their Quebecer speech and jokes and they have quite the success.

Then I know Canada is in general a very welcoming and multi-cultural country where we most of the time welcome pretty much any foreigners to our country with open arms(No surprise here, we have such a big country but so few people).
Though because of that it might be difficult to choose a primary language for that idea of character considering most heroes have a primary language or accent.

I'll come with more content in the future, I just need to think more and I'll add some other stuff with edits. Meanwhile, if you're from another province of Canada and feel like speaking for your province feel free to comment below.

Sincerely yours (English)
Cordialement (Français)
Bonsouère (Québécois)

Edit #1:

A flashing idea, I was imagining a hero with a axe as weapon, maybe this could be the first non-tank hero to have a proper melee primary weapon or maybe a hero using a musket-like weapon to remind of the old hunter-style of the renaissance era.
buck, hes a canadian officer who works for the JTF and has a underbarel shotgun that can destory un fortified walls and baricades
Needs to be a comedian, all my favourite comdedians are Canadian.
Pharah's dad is an indigenous Canadian. IDK if he'd ever show up in the game, though. Would love to find out more about him.
At one point Lucio was intended to be Canadian, but they decided to go in a different direction with him. That's why he still has the hockey skins.
Ben d'accord - some kind of hockey goon haha
02/12/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Candi
At one point Lucio was intended to be Canadian, but they decided to go in a different direction with him. That's why he still has the hockey skins.

I guess they kept the hockey skins since it implies skates and sport