My issues with Junkrat

General Discussion
Junkrat, is not a balanced hero, and needs some major reworkings. Overwatch is supposed to be a primarily skill based, competitive game. Junkrat, the way he currently is, completely defeats the purpose of that and I have a few reasons why.

- His frags, have an unnecessary travel distance. Double that with the fact that he is the only hero who's main attack bounces, which would be OP with a single bounce, let alone three. Making them explode on impact, would be a logical fix.

- His main attack doesn't harm himself. There are two primarily explosive based heroes, Pharah and Junkrat. Pharah's main attack injures her if she gets hit by it, but Junkrat's doesn't. Which I'm sure a lot of people would justify with "Pharah is supposed to be far away from the action, so she shouldn't really hit herself anyway." Which is true, but the fact that Junkrat can and usually does shoot from halfway across the map basically defeats that argument.

- He drops grenades when he dies. I mean, this one's pretty basic. Who else get's to deal enough damage (let alone any) after they die that they can take out a near full health tank?

- His ult. Do I even need to explain why a single hero having the ability to use their ult from the safety of their spawn and wipe out the entire enemy team is unfair?

He basically has nothing to fear. The distance his shots travel, coupled with his knockback, and inability to hurt himself makes him a near perfect long, mid, and/or short range hero. When it comes down to the fact of the matter, he isn't a fun hero to play against, not because he is challenging, but because he is too challenging and even if you can take him out, you will most likely get killed for killing him.

I am expecting a lot of hate from Junk mains out there for this post, but before anyone gets too angry, I am not attacking you, or your favorite hero. I am just trying to get the attention of Blizzard and find out why all the favoritism for a single hero. Please, have a lovely day, and thank you for your time. ♥
Sorry bud, no one here cares about the experience of gold and below. Change "Junkrat" to "Genji" and get yourself a bunch of free upvotes though ;)

02/11/2018 06:55 PMPosted by pomarf
Overwatch is supposed to be a primarily skill based, competitive game.

Don't kid yourself. There's 2 heroes in this game who do substantial DPS by holding down M1/M2 without aiming, the only healer that actually takes skill to heal with is underpowered, and there's no advanced strategies, you just press buttons to use abilities. It's a really casual shooter that Blizzard's trying to force to be competitive.
First 2 lines ... I was done lol more than one hero demands 0 skill in OW .... you sir need to play more post less .... bronze OP btw enough said
Junkrat, is not a balanced hero, and needs some major reworkings. Overwatch is supposed to be a primarily skill based, competitive game. Junkrat, the way he currently is, completely defeats the purpose of that and I have a few reasons why.

- His frags, have an unnecessary travel distance. Double that with the fact that he is the only hero who's main attack bounces, which would be OP with a single bounce, let alone three. Making them explode on impact, would be a logical fix.

- His main attack doesn't harm himself. There are two primarily explosive based heroes, Pharah and Junkrat. Pharah's main attack injures her if she gets hit by it, but Junkrat's doesn't. Which I'm sure a lot of people would justify with "Pharah is supposed to be far away from the action, so she shouldn't really hit herself anyway." Which is true, but the fact that Junkrat can and usually does shoot from halfway across the map basically defeats that argument.

- He drops grenades when he dies. I mean, this one's pretty basic. Who else get's to deal enough damage (let alone any) after they die that they can take out a near full health tank?

- His ult. Do I even need to explain why a single hero having the ability to use their ult from the safety of their spawn and wipe out the entire enemy team is unfair?

He basically has nothing to fear. The distance his shots travel, coupled with his knockback, and inability to hurt himself makes him a near perfect long, mid, and/or short range hero. When it comes down to the fact of the matter, he isn't a fun hero to play against, not because he is challenging, but because he is too challenging and even if you can take him out, you will most likely get killed for killing him.

I am expecting a lot of hate from Junk mains out there for this post, but before anyone gets too angry, I am not attacking you, or your favorite hero. I am just trying to get the attention of Blizzard and find out why all the favoritism for a single hero. Please, have a lovely day, and thank you for your time. ♥
Finally. Someone with the same opinion. I love u man. (No !@#$)
His Frags travel... They're slow moving and easy to avoid. It actually takes some skill to be able to hit a moving target not at point blank range. Skill or a bad opponent.

Main attack doesn't hurt himself It fits his character as a cartoonish lunatic who loves explosions. Prior to this change, he was too easily killed when dove on.

Drops grenades Don't walk over him when he dies. If you are, you're not paying attention.

Ult Hanzo's ult can wipe a team as well. If your team is balled up and can't destroy a tire before it goes off, you have bad aim or it was a brilliant play by the Junkrat (that tire on Oasis that took out three Fuel members). On average his tire will take out one opponent.

I'm not a Junk main. I think he's fine the way he is.
supposed to be a primarily skill based,

Who says that Junk doesn't take skill? Because his nades are stupidity checkers? Junk does take skill, but ignoring the fact that he does only pisses you off more because you feel like you're dying to a no-skill hero.

I get the same pushback on my other account where I play Pharah (at a Diamond level). "No skill" "splash-PS" etc etc. Junk does take skill, but as long as you focus on the aspects that don't, it's only going to drive your hate even more.

- His frags, have an unnecessary travel distance.

Yes, that's a part of his kit. He sacrifices aim for object-permanence. That's his niche as a defense hero.

Once they are being lobbed they should be easy to avoid and strafe around. If a junk is mindlessly spamming a choke, then he's doing his job as a defense hero.

It's the same as a Sym and her charged-alt fire. You bank off people's stupidity for damage and kills, however they do have other faucets that require skill.

Double that with the fact that he is the only hero who's main attack bounces,

Genji shots 3 shurkins 2 different ways, Sym has a 3-stage beam strengths; those are all traits unique to their characters, and since Junk's nades bounce, that's unique to him. It also sets him apart from Pharah, who can only get direct hits and laughable splash damage. His shots arc, but bounce and last for a few seconds.

- His main attack doesn't harm himself.

Because he was a joke when he could harm himself. A tank gets in front of your face? "GG rip, no point in attacking, let him kill you, so you can get back to spawn faster and switch off that troll hero." That's the response I would get back when he could blow himself up. People upplay his range like he's a noskill sniper, when in reality his strong suit is up-close and in close quarters. But locking him into a ranged-assassin is what got him the troll pick status, and hey, he got buffed since people thought he was easy, a troll pick, bad, etc etc.

He drops grenades when he dies.

Once again, stupidity checker. Kinda a trait of his kit. DVa's train is that she demechs instead of dying, so why is that fair? Shouldn't she die in her mech since NO OTHER hero gets a second life?

Or what about Pharah's flying ability? It's a passive for a reason, and when you do die to it you should learn to not bodycamp him. It's a learning lesson, and only the same people who fall for his gimmick multiple times think this is a problem. It's not a problem, you just need to learn what the ASD keys do.

- His ult.

Only problem with it is it's charge rate. Other than the charge rate, it's an ult. That explodes. Of course he's supports to kill the enemy with it. Of course it's suppose to be lethal, but it is counterable. Just like an ulting Pharah, if you don't kill it then it will kill you or your team. This is another learning experience since if you don't kill it in time, you're suppose to get better and try harder for the next time.
I am not attacking you, or your favorite hero. I am just trying to get the attention of Blizzard and find out why all the favoritism for a single hero.
Sorry to say that, but you are delusional. If there is any favoritism (which I don't believe there is) it's for Genji and Tracer.
Junkrat was near to useless for most of Overwatch existence. His grenades are extremely easy to dodge in long and mid ranges, and shooting close targets used to kill himself. In comparison, Pharah can fly outside of the splash damage shooting her rockets which are not affected by gravity or reduced damage over distance. The only thing he could do was shooting at barriers, until he was dived and killed.
After he got immunity for his own shots, he was still considered troll pick because his ult is easily destroyed and people just spread out as soon as they hear the ult line, he has the only passive that needs the user to die and can be eaten by D.Va or deflected by Genji, or just avoided by anyone who can take a step back (I main Roadhog, you know, hook and shoot, and I rarely get even damaged by it).
Only after the most recent buffs (some months ago) he was considered strong, and then he got nerfed.
If you really think he is op, you never went against good Genji, Tracer, Mccree or Soldier. He is able to compete against those for the dps slot in the team, but he is not better then any of those (except in some specific situations).
02/11/2018 07:06 PMPosted by EXoticMXred
you sir need to play more post less .... bronze OP btw enough said
Post less than a single post? And because I'm bronze I don't have the right to an opinion?
He's right junk is a no brain hero, you can avoid his grenades sure, but when one of them lands it does a stupid amount of damage the mine combo can quickly kill someone with no effort on his part. He's easily the least skillful hero in the game. The nerf he did get was really minor to his mines. His ultimate is also bullcrap.
I feel bad for low rank players, because they aren't aware of counters that higher ranks take for granted.

It's like gets beat by your friend in a fighting game, only to realize later he's just spamming moves that have tons of weaknesses.
He's fine. They've needed him already.
This OP doesn't realize that his first suggestion would make Junkrat incredibly strong. Just shoot the ground at people's feet to kill them quick. No more random bounce kills; he can finally kill consistently.

Yes please for that.
So you want to

Nerf his range

Give a hero is only good at close range (he's inconsistant and medium and useless at long unless you're running into one of the slowest projectiles in the game) self damage, which he previously had and made him one of the worst characters in the game

Remove the meme passive that shouldn't be hitting you at all

Nerf his 100hp ultimate with a 2 second cast time(which granted does come up too often)

On a character who is situational as is.

All because you refuse to pick Pharah, Soldier, McCree, Genji (post mine nerf), Roadhog, Zarya, or literally anyone with range.

Sounds good.
The only skill in overwatch is not aim, this is not a pure fps, it's more of a hybrid.

Other skills are things like positioning, game knowledge, coordination, ult economy, using counters or synergies, predicting the enemy... you get the idea. No matter how good your mechanical skill, if you can't learn those other skills you will always be holding yourself back. That's why certain heroes dominate at lower levels, because people lack those core skills. The higher you climb, the harder it will be for a Junkrat to get value, and the more skilled he must be at those other core things.

If his grenade is travelling far, you can see it and avoid it.

While Pharah can deal self damage to herself, the only heroes she has to worry about getting in her face and causing this to happen are D.Va, Winston, and another Pharah. Junkrat has to deal with the entire cast. And of course the fact that Junkrat is supposed to excel in enclosed spaces, where if his grenades deal self damage he becomes a danger to himself.

His death grenades are an idiot check, if you die to them you probably deserved it.

Junkrat using his ult from spawn only works on the second point defence. Hanzo and Doomfist can also use their ults from the safety of spawn.

Junkrat has plenty to fear, and if you think otherwise I suggest you learn how to play D.Va.

Hello?

What year is it?

Have I gone back to release Overwatch? I sure hope I have, been a while since I've seen someone complain about the most non-issue of non-issues in the game.
Why is it always players who make these topics with what I consider the least right to complain considering the characters they mainly play.