Proof That Doomfist's RP Hitbox is Absolutely Bad(new vid)

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
Highly Rated
Today i got an idea, what if i try to find a spot, a choke where i can't go past the enemy because he is body blocking it, but there is a little bit of room.

I was sure i could rocket punch through that small gap while i won't be able to walk through it. And guess what? i was right.

• https://streamable.com/fq3xr

• Doomfist actually "shrinks" while rocket punching. It is so triggering.

Edit:
    Third person view:
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogcx_kO0xSo
  • Forum Mod Edit: This thread title has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
    Highly Rated
    Ah, good to see Doomfist is still broken and completely unusable, maybe the devs should get around to this before they inevitably nerf Mercy again.
    Highly Rated
    I still think seismac slam is more broken than RP. There have been times where they are in my blue shatter, yet no dmg has been done on them.
    Highly Rated
    That's so....disheartening to see honestly. Out of all situations you think that would hit. Doomfist's rp hitbox is kinda useless at the moment but this...

Well I know I'll be watching this thread so people can see this.
    Highly Rated
    Every Doomfist "fix" came along with 10+ other broken mechanics. I wanted to main Doomfist so badly but his broken mechanics triggered me too hard.

RP was designed to be a dps ability = is used as mobility ability
    Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut designed as escape ability = used as dps ability.

Doomfist is a huge design flaw.
    And I still don't play the game until they really fix him
    Highly Rated
    Sometimes Doomfist goes past me and I think 'that should have hit me'. I feel a little sad that this hero was nerfed so quickly after release. He didn't even get a chance at higher levels.
    02/03/2018 02:39 AMPosted by PapaBear
    I still think seismac slam is more broken than RP. There have been times where they are in my blue shatter, yet no dmg has been done on them.

What would one expect from a Mini Reinhardt ultimate?

Not to mention whats the reasoning for standing on a ledge then slamming down does more damage than using uppercut above said ledge and slamming down?
    Behold the complete and utter BS that is doomfists RP hitbox.

As the video shows- you literally get smaller as you RP.

This situation is one I’ve often complained about, it’s nice to see a clear test of it though- whiffing PAST people in hallways when you can’t even walk past them.

Now add in ANY degree of real world latency and it gets even more triggering.

As to how the hell ANYONE in charge of balance altered this and seriously went “ya. That feels good” is utterly mind boggling.

I hate being one to give devs a hard time as I know how difficult their job can be first hand-

But Jesus Christ. It took you guys six months to get mercy close to a balance state.

But you guys happily utterly crippled one of your absolute most hyped heroes you will EVER release within days of their launch, well before the dust could even settle and people could adapt-

And have left it there. Utterly ignoring any and all evidence that THIS IS NOT OK.

I am seriously going to bump this thread every damn day until we get some feedback or a buff.
    Just seeing this post was by iSinner was enough for me to take it seriously.

Quality post, and perfect evidence.

If you think about it Doomfist is just like Mercy before she was nerfed. Both broken. Except Mercy was over-tuned whilst Doomfist was under-tuned.

In Mercy's case she was in every game. In Doomfist's case, he was barely in any games.

Please, please, please fix this Blizzard. The fact he can't pass through that gap but then doesn't hit the Zarya with his rocket punch is pretty bad.
    Doomfist main here. I truly want him "fixed" because Doomfist is single handidly the best hero in the game. His potential is ridiculous but the devs put him in a place where they have to extremely look at him because he doesnt work properly. He works enough to get by and thats okay for the dev team, or really the 3 people they have balancing the game and the other staff doing god knows what. "Fixed" and by that I mean:

1. Rework him into tank, give him 400 health remove his passive.
    2. Increase RP hitbox
    3. Change cooldowns on Seismic and Rising. If he's reworked into a tank then this should stay as is.
    4. Increase reload speed or more ammo in his clip
    5. Speed of punch or charge should be faster - buff idea
    6. Distance traveled from punch should be looked at
    7. RP cancels shouldnt be a punishment

Theres so much more but this stuff is not getting looked at because of Overwatch League and the possibility of Overwatch 2... yeah I said it. It will happen, compare dev time and balance to other developers. At least Rockstar has come out to say they are working on a game alongside GTA online which is why updates are slow, Blizzard does not want to tick off fans and they need all the fans they can get before moving on to a sequel, alas more fans, more money, more attachment to said franchise.
    02/03/2018 03:13 AMPosted by BoldJBoogie
    Doomfist main here. I truly want him "fixed" because Doomfist is single handidly the best hero in the game. His potential is ridiculous but the devs put him in a place where they have to extremely look at him because he doesnt work properly. He works enough to get by and thats okay for the dev team, or really the 3 people they have balancing the game and the other staff doing god knows what. "Fixed" and by that I mean:

1. Rework him into tank, give him 400 health remove his passive.
    2. Increase RP hitbox
    3. Change cooldowns on Seismic and Rising. If he's reworked into a tank then this should stay as is.
    4. Increase reload speed or more ammo in his clip
    5. Speed of punch or charge should be faster - buff idea
    6. Distance traveled from punch should be looked at
    7. RP cancels shouldnt be a punishment

Theres so much more but this stuff is not getting looked at because of Overwatch League and the possibility of Overwatch 2... yeah I said it. It will happen, compare dev time and balance to other developers. At least Rockstar has come out to say they are working on a game alongside GTA online which is why updates are slow, Blizzard does not want to tick off fans and they need all the fans they can get before moving on to a sequel, alas more fans, more money, more attachment to said franchise.

If they make him a tank I'd want his left click to be converted into a melee attack, or that explosion punch he supposedly had before they changed it to a tiny shotgun
    This definitely explains ALOT lol thanks for this
    The more i see Doomfist threads, the more i realize that after all this time i was not maining Doomfist. Im a bug main! :(
    Very interesting, but if that punch connected that would be really akward, i already hate Rein charge when you are meters away and suddenly teleport two meters into his charge, i hate these cheap monstrous hitboxes.

But dont get me wrong! I absolutely love doomfist and have golden weapon for him and hope for any bug fix and buffs! I just dont think in that case punch should connect.

At the same time i agree that him not getting through that gap without punch is nonsense.
    02/03/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Ares
    Very interesting, but if that punch connected that would be really akward, i already hate Rein charge when you are meters away and suddenly teleport two meters into his charge, i hate these cheap monstrous hitboxes.

But dont get me wrong! I absolutely love doomfist and have golden weapon for him and hope for any bug fix and buffs! I just dont think in that case punch should connect.

At the same time i agree that him not getting through that gap without punch is nonsense.

I agree it perhaps shouldn't connect but I wish it would do contact damage, similar to Rein's charge. makes no sense that he goes faster than rein and doesn't hurt anyone that touches him aside from the one hitting the front of his fist
    02/03/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Variann
    02/03/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Ares

I agree it perhaps shouldn't connect but I wish it would do contact damage, similar to Rein's charge. makes no sense that he goes faster than rein and doesn't hurt anyone that touches him aside from the one hitting the front of his fist

Sure, that sounds great. Adding damage to near misses would be nice.
    true, but i don't want doomfist aiming at the person beside me and sucking me into is rocket punch instead
    When just walking forward normally your shoulders are wider than when they are throwing a punch and when you are trying to walk through a narrow area you turn yourself to the side. This is basically what Rocket Punch does to a degree so in retrospect I guess this kind of does fit ..

dunno if I like it tho because so often when rocket punching I annoyingly go through peoples shoulders etc and this seems pretty suspect as to why that happens.. that and my 50png 65rtt
    yes knocking people away and doing some contact damage would be a good solution but then the question is would it be despised as it's so similar to reins charge?
    What if you try to aim at Zarya next time? Crazy idea, hun?