Is the refusal to revert Mercy an ego thing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
02/09/2018 10:43 AMPosted by FFirebrandd
02/09/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Popcron
...While pros wouldn't run her in tournaments, she was rampant on the ladder. It was not a good situation at any tier, even at GM and Top 500 where pros individually play, and even without the SR abuse. Stop being such a child when it comes to not wanting to accept it was problem for the game.

She was "rampant" on ladder because there's a decent amount of people that aren't good enough at aiming to pull off Ana. Up until a month or so ago when Moira got released... if you couldn't or didn't want to play Ana and you needed a main healer, you played Mercy. That's not a Mercy problem, that's a lack of options problem.
Random fact to throw out: Mercy had a higher pickrate than Ana during Triple-Tank, when Mercy was considered a "troll-pick" in comparison to Ana.
Doesn't matter how many times the devs say the reason for the change, and doesn't matter how many times they say it's not going back. People still insists in the same subject.

If you think current Mercy is "not fun", fine. Just suggest how to make her current form fun. Old Mercy is not coming back, just get over it.
I don't think it's an ego thing. I think the devs genuinely care about the game and want what's best for it.

That being said, I'm surprised that the people who scrapped project Titan because it wasn't fun enough, the people who designed a game where every hero was meant to feel OP, aren't stopping and noticing that Mercy has become significantly less fun. They've been chasing balance without chasing user experience.
02/09/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Popcron
02/09/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Titanium
...Shall I prove my point?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M
9:44-9:58.

That was the developer update announcing the rework. The only "go back" there could have possibly been at that moment in time was to Mercy 1.x.
LMAO
So not only do you not understand why she was changed, but you also have no comprehension skills to understand what was exactly said in that video? Why is anyone humoring you anymore? I'm done replying now that I understand why you're completely moronic in your posts.
Nice ad-hominem. I assume you were just looking for an exit because you have nothing further to offer in this discussion. Bye!
02/09/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Estranhow
If you think current Mercy is "not fun", fine. Just suggest how to make her current form fun. Old Mercy is not coming back, just get over it.

Good joke, you know there were hundreds of ideas on how to rework Mercy when the rework went live (yes, from the very beginning), devs didn't answer to any feedback and just kept their "we felt that x was y so we change it to z" rhetoric.
1) Blizzard would not have reworked her if they liked where she was. Reverting makes no sense.
2) Blizzard has stated they like where she is better than any previous build so again it makes no sense.

People that spam these threads and up votes don't seem to understand they are just a very vocal minority. Most of us never come into these threads because I always see mostly irrational posts that want nothing less than Mercy to be OP (2.0) or have an OP ability (1.0). That's not good design and won't work in a competitive game. Their decisions are based on logic while most arguments against them are noticeably biased and irrational. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand who didn't already see that.
Mass rez was hurting the overall game experience.

They wont revert her because they dont want to go back to hurting the overall game experience.
02/09/2018 10:44 AMPosted by ChivasUK
As we have said in the Mercy feedback thread, Jeff base all design choices on data alone though. Mercy may gets a buff if us mercy mains, stop playing Mercy.
That's BS and you know it. The changes were because DPS cried that Mercy erased their earned kill by pressing one button.
https://i.imgur.com/Q9lMSBA.jpg
My God. Mass rez incentivized Mercy to at times allow and even desire the death of teammates. Contradictory to the role of a healer, and honestly the only hero where a teammate dying at times can be desirable. Ie: Die and catch the rez, or risk being shot down and miss the rez etc. Broken gameplay.

This has been explained so many times. Mass rez was deemed, rightfully so, as unhealthy for the game as a whole and was moved away from. Refusing to acknowledge this does not invalidate it.

Speaking of moving, it's time to #MoveOn
"well, we think everything is fine. Get over it?"

Its a common behavior thing. Some people have done this to the extent where people die because of it, but they keep on doing it. Pride is a strong feeling, you know.
02/09/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Coulumbo

They wont revert her because they dont want to go back to hurting the overall game experience.

Hurting it for who? Context matters here. If you were a low tier player never accounting for a mercy when you spammed ults that's a YOU problem. And before you jump to the "hide and rez" argument understand that hiding and taking cover are 2 different things.

Mercy is trying not to get killed in a mass push so she can get the value of her ult by taking cover, unless you just want her to stand there and take it to face...oh wait that's the design we have right now and most STILL wont shoot her.

Hiding would be that reaper/mccree/soldier that ditched their position in the team formation for half the round the moment they had ult just so they could try to team wipe by themselves because POTG hard on.

Whether or not mercy gets a revert(unlikely) she had a natural counter to her kit. INTELLIGENT PLAYERS. I'd rather not have this game degraded anymore because of trying to appease the LCD.
Old Mercy needs to stay dead and never come back.

Old Mercy every match was, "Go hide mercy"
02/09/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Chalklate
02/09/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Coulumbo

Hurting it for who? Context matters here.

Everyone who wasnt Mercy, and depending on the player, sometimes the Mercy too.
02/08/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Osprey
02/08/2018 11:26 PMPosted by RabidAidan
The original reason the changed her would not be addressed if they reverted her:
that being, that her resurrection ultimate promoted a counter-intuitive playstyle to her role in the game. Mercy is a doctor, not a soulstone.
Her role in the game was to save lives. It just so happens that resurrecting dead teammates is synonymous with 'saving lives'.
mass rez with invuln had no intuitive counterplay
02/09/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Exile20
Old Mercy needs to stay dead and never come back.

Old Mercy every match was, "Go hide mercy"
Only bad Mercy players did the hide and rez. I never did that once. I felt successful if I went a full round without having to use mass rez.
02/09/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Titanium
Random fact to throw out: Mercy had a higher pickrate than Ana during Triple-Tank, when Mercy was considered a "troll-pick" in comparison to Ana.

and then ana got nerfed because the meta was not what the devs wanted of course mercy wasn't good then ana was meta and what the community considers a "troll-pick" is the worst argument ever mostly cause that carries no weight the and mercy has alway had the highest pick rate since launch and mercys state a the time of the tank meta made her not good because of the meta not anything else a blind man could see that ana was OP thats why she was nerfed
No, it’s because reverting Mercy is a stupid idea
[quote="207601189611"]

And do I even need to mention it was primarily used to abuse the sr system? The same sr system that has been changed to prevent that abuse?

Take your hostile self elsewhere.

and this is just 1 of many reasons why people wanted that crap to stop!!