Blizzard - FULL RESET FOR COMPETITIVE RANKS

Competitive Discussion
Someone make one, thanks.
I’ve wanted this at one point too.

You don’t need it! Figure out how to carry games and you will climb.
i doubt a reset would fix anything. It would prove you are where you belong, but aside from that, not much else.
A reset would be terrible. Bronze players might get matched up with professional players and have a huge disadvantage.
Please god, don't make this. I like the fact that I actually belong where I am. I don't want some cry babies that can't accept that they aren't as good as they think they are messing that up for me.
Aren't you the one spamming advertisement for the battalion game? Why are you still playing OW when your 6/10 steam rating game is available?
02/12/2018 12:32 PMPosted by ToxicVoid
Bronze players might get matched up with professional players and have a huge disadvantage.
It will never happen because it seeds from your QP MMR to begin with.
02/12/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Moolikecowzz
Aren't you the one spamming advertisement for the battalion game? Why are you still playing OW when your 6/10 steam rating game is available?

What?
02/12/2018 12:55 PMPosted by SiNNa
02/12/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Moolikecowzz

What?

If this isn't you, change your password and get an authenticator. You might want to contact customer support as well.

02/12/2018 11:56 AMPosted by SiNNa
Dude, uninstall OW or take a break and download a real competitive FUN + FAIR FPS shooter (that's in alpha) such as: Battalion 1944. It's going to get big in the next 6 months. Watch out.

If this is you, stop it.
Bump. This season is the worst I have seen in regard too smurfs and blatant boosters. Low gold is extremely competitive this season because of this, and it feels like people who belong in plat or above are being funneled downward instead of up. A full reset would give everyone the fair opportunity at a fresh start, with so much hero re-adjustments over the seasons such as particularly the huge mercy changes / nerfs. You have players trying too learn new heroes or re-adjust playstyles tanking their SR and bringing down their team.

It's pretty obvious that if you are high tier it's FAR FAR easier too stay there than it is to climb to such a ranking, you have people who placed high through grouping / luck early in competitive who don't belong in high tier being carried by their team mates equally as we have people in low tiers being held down by team mates. Please hard reset SR at least 1 time. After 7 seasons, with a relatively static placement isn't it time too try something new?

I've seen many posts about players stuck in a low tier usually gold, they get a smurf account and what do you know they are now at least platinum (and stay there / climb). This is direct counter evidence to the claims "you are where you belong"

"It's pretty obvious that if you are high tier it's FAR FAR easier too stay there than it is to climb to such a ranking"

you wouldnt know because you have never been to a high rank. And plz dont say "but my high rank friends say"...
And even if you were a high rank and "knew" this to be true, you would be wrong. Because statistics, elo theory and practicality, probability, and various other topics.
They did a complete MMR reset for S2 when implementing the SR system from 1-5000. It was a complete !@#$ storm in skill matchmaking. Clearly you never played during S2 and are just salty from previous experiences. I get you're upset, but an MMR reset will only make things worse. Especially for anyone that isn't already in Mid Masters+
Plz. I want to experience the glory of smurfing, and the chaos of the forums when players complain about ending up in Silver AGAIN.
Do a full MMR reset, it will really help to change the game, at least for the time being. Firstly I myself do admit I have 4 smurfs that I play and of course at the start of placements I meet Golds/Plats and I have to admit that there are many boosters there which it's obvious to me because they were able to contest me on DPS. Secondly, at high rank there's also a problem because many "noobs" pay for boosting services for a quick boost to GM/Master/T500 and once the "noobs" play that account themselves their rank gets carried over EVERY SINGLE SEASON and they screw others games up because of their incompetency. And by doing a full MMR reset the "pros" would then probably focus more on their account to get back their T500/GM instead of boosting idiots that reach Master/GM/T500 and thinking their gods and playing their Plat Standard DPS there. And a reset won't put anyone at a disadvantage honestly.
1) Bronze players getting matched against Professional players or the T500 player?
-No problem, LMAO you belong in Bronze anyways so just lose that game and go back there
2) Masters and GMs will be pissed of by the rank reset!
-Only those who got boosted or have paid to get boosted will get tilted, the rest? Nah I'm confident of solo queuing to 3.7k-3.8k myself as I already have 3 accounts there and others in GM
The downfall of Competitive Overwatch is Season 4/5 when you gain 50SR and lose 15SR which brought many Plats/Golds to Master or GM, and right now without that many are struggling to stay there and just letting their rank decay and carry over next season, but during their placements they still do ruin games for us up there by playing "badly". I believe the community is getting toxic due to people getting boosted up there both SR-wise and Ego-wise, and also the REAL MASTERS/GMS getting tilted at the boosted idiots.
Reseting the MMR also gives those people at Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze player to honestly prove "I DON'T BELONG HERE" to the rest of the community because everyone starts out the same and if they still return to their old rank it would honestly just shut their mouth.
Feel free to dislike this comment, I'm pretty sure most of which are boosted players who aren't able to climb back to Master/GM on their own :(
02/13/2018 11:49 PMPosted by ƗŦŦØŔŶŪ
Do a full MMR reset, it will really help to change the game, at least for the time being. Firstly I myself do admit I have 4 smurfs that I play and of course at the start of placements I meet Golds/Plats and I have to admit that there are many boosters there which it's obvious to me because they were able to contest me on DPS. Secondly, at high rank there's also a problem because many "noobs" pay for boosting services for a quick boost to GM/Master/T500 and once the "noobs" play that account themselves their rank gets carried over EVERY SINGLE SEASON and they screw others games up because of their incompetency. And by doing a full MMR reset the "pros" would then probably focus more on their account to get back their T500/GM instead of boosting idiots that reach Master/GM/T500 and thinking their gods and playing their Plat Standard DPS there. And a reset won't put anyone at a disadvantage honestly.
1) Bronze players getting matched against Professional players or the T500 player?
-No problem, LMAO you belong in Bronze anyways so just lose that game and go back there
-Only those who got boosted or have paid to get boosted will get tilted, the rest? Nah I'm confident of solo queuing to 3.7k-3.8k myself as I already have 3 accounts there and others in GM
The downfall of Competitive Overwatch is Season 4/5 when you gain 50SR and lose 15SR which brought many Plats/Golds to Master or GM, and right now without that many are struggling to stay there and just letting their rank decay and carry over next season, but during their placements they still do ruin games for us up there by playing "badly". I believe the community is getting toxic due to people getting boosted up there both SR-wise and Ego-wise, and also the REAL MASTERS/GMS getting tilted at the boosted idiots.
Reseting the MMR also gives those people at Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze player to honestly prove "I DON'T BELONG HERE" to the rest of the community because everyone starts out the same and if they still return to their old rank it would honestly just shut their mouth.
Feel free to dislike this comment, I'm pretty sure most of which are boosted players who aren't able to climb back to Master/GM on their own :(

at no point in the history of overwatch did people gain 50 sr for a win and lose 15 for a loss. That makes no sense at its core. Blizz never inflated ranks, and im sure you believe pbsr inflated ranks, but it did not. Few people actually understand pbsr.
02/14/2018 01:31 AMPosted by alexfly
02/13/2018 11:49 PMPosted by ƗŦŦØŔŶŪ

at no point in the history of overwatch did people gain 50 sr for a win and lose 15 for a loss. That makes no sense at its core. Blizz never inflated ranks, and im sure you believe pbsr inflated ranks, but it did not. Few people actually understand pbsr.
Then I really doubt that you have played Overwatch for a very long time, I played since S1 and from S4-S5 there was this problem, many of my GM and T500 friends left the game for PUBG because of the broken competitive system. Before you start typing please check and read up about the competitive issues overwatch had in the past :D your tlaking just now like your a high ranker, checked your ranked, 2.8k. Damn!
If it comes with a huge overhaul of the mmr and competitive system, sure. Right now it's pointless.
Then I really doubt that you have played Overwatch for a very long time, I played since S1 and from S4-S5 there was this problem, many of my GM and T500 friends left the game for PUBG because of the broken competitive system. Before you start typing please check and read up about the competitive issues overwatch had in the past :D your tlaking just now like your a high ranker, checked your ranked, 2.8k. Damn!

oh wow, rank-shaming arguments go along with "played since sliced bread" ones so well... gotta try it myself!
So, i've played since S1 too (SR68) and yes, there was never such a thing as static +50w/-15l. Sure, there were seasons of [symmetra/mercy/some others] SR abuses, seasons of specific character abuses [like mercy/hog mains], seasons with lucky streaks where people got into GM overnight by going on 10:0, etc. However, it only concerned a very little part of playerbase/character pool and the only notable exception is ridiculous gold-to-gm mercy main thing.
And most of those players have been already washed down to lower ranks so it doesnt really matter.

The real downfall is that around S3-4-5 most people have already hit their skill/SR ceiling and just stopped to care about competetive at all. There are no rewards except silly gold guns (which i have like 9 or more on this account alone and dont really need, for instance), and like you said, most high rankers can effortlessly climb back and dont give a jack about SR.
02/14/2018 02:40 AMPosted by ƗŦŦØŔŶŪ
02/14/2018 01:31 AMPosted by alexfly

lol i literally said "do not reference your high rank friends and what they said". And you proceeded to anyways. Idgaf what your high rank friends said. They dont know anything. Being good at this video game doesnt equate to understanding matchmaking systems. The fact that i would have to explain how high sr gains and low sr losses was never a thing and why that would be the case should be shocking, but i have learned to lower my standards from readin gthese forums. The comp system has never been broken. You have no clue what you are talking about