➕[Mercy] Limited Valkyrie on cooldown, MultiRez as Ultimate

General Discussion
As long as res doesn’t make her a must pick again, I’m good.

As long as I don’t see people being raised left and right, you wont hear me complain;)
Because rez is not what was broken before, or anything.

How about we never go back to "Hunt Mercy:the game"
I like this idea. I miss being able res multiple people, but I also like valk. Swapping them is the best idea imo.\

Also just to put it out there having a cast time on res is really really unfun. I'd rather they just remove the ability at this point if they're going to keep it the cast time.
02/12/2018 02:50 PMPosted by CamKitty

That's why I'm putting in the requirement that you can't rez through walls.
I would like if Mercys rez is like Zaryas charge:

When you heal/damage boost, you get charge. The charge diminishes over time if you're not healing or damage boosting.
Of course, if you die, then The charge goes back to zero.

This could encourage Mercy to be active in the fight, while also avoiding to hide for rezzes amd go battle mercy (her pistol should not grant charge).

I would say the charge can go up to 100 and you need 70 to rez. So, if you have 100 charge, can rez, pop valk and hope that you heal/boost enough to have 70 again at the end of your ult.
02/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by EliotNast

When you heal/damage boost, you get charge. The charge diminishes over time if you're not healing or damage boosting.

This could encourage Mercy to be active in the fight, while also avoiding to hide for rezzes amd go battle mercy (her pistol should not grant charge).

I would say the charge can go up to 100 and you need 70 to rez. So, if you have 100 charge, can rez, pop valk and hope that you heal/boost enough to have 70 again at the end of your ult.

I had been toying with a version of this idea.

But it gave a big bonus charge to damage boosting and pistol damage.

Although the interesting thing about this is that it would nearly require a tiny bit of Battle mercy to get those last percentages for a rez.
02/12/2018 03:05 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
02/12/2018 03:00 PMPosted by EliotNast

I had been toying with a version of this idea.

But it gave a big bonus charge to damage boosting and pistol damage.

Although the interesting thing about this is that it would nearly require a tiny bit of Battle mercy to get those last percentages for a rez.

The pistol should not grant any charge.

Healing and boosting should grant the same (maybe healing a little bit more)

The reason for this, is that you need to reward what's mercy is Supposed to do, which is supporting her team, and not be dpsing.
02/12/2018 01:22 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
Mercy is probably going up get reworked again at some point. Where she's at right now is just a "placeholder".

Here's a merging of what a lot of Mercy mains said they wanted, and while balancing things so she doesn't have "two ultimates".

E: Limited Valkyrie: Only fast freeflight and fast Guardian Angel, on a 30 second cooldown

Q: Instant Rez: Possibly multi-rez, with line-of-sight required, and no invulnerability.

Valk on E would feel clunky, especially if it only lasted for a short time, and maintained it's current speed.
02/12/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Ebisu

Valk on E would feel clunky, especially if it only lasted for a short time, and maintained it's current speed.

I was actually thinking the speed it had on the previous patch.

Plenty for a push, surviving death, or rapidly returning from spawn.

It also seamlessly transitions into her angelic descent passive.
Resurrect as an ult and Valkyrie as an E is what they should have done from the beginning, honestly. Resurrect is too powerful to be a cooldown ability, and Valkyrie makes more sense as a cooldown ability.
02/12/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Coulumbo

Reporting both this bump and the thread for spam.

Youve been redirected to the mega thread before.

Jesus whats your problem... Hell you even play Mercy. The megathreads are just simple forum clearing tactics, theres no value to them once they go past a certain point as its impossible to navigate them in any meaningful manner.

Just look at the 6k+ one that the devs couldn't even find the backbone to reply too XD
Lol prepare to get locked.
Nice idea but it wouldn't work on console. The short version, the button layout forced Angelic Descent to be bound to a different button, so it shares it with Rez and it works because you can only Rez when you are next to an allies' souls, which fall to the ground where AD isn't used.
02/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Stavros
I only dissagree with the los thing. It would make her ult too inconsistant because a lamp or even the payload would stop a critical Res from happening. I do agree with no invulnerability.
I’m fairly certain it could work through the payload. How does it work for the other support ults? And honestly, if we got a good E to compensate, I would like to at least try it.
02/12/2018 02:50 PMPosted by CamKitty

It wasn't. The conditions required to cast Resurrect was broken. It should've required LoS so Mercy can't hide behind a wall to effectively use it.

This issue also stems from the fact that Mercy has no reliable way to self-peel. Solely relying on your teammate's positioning for mobility is extremely unreliable. With such a game-changing ultimate, dying means losing the game. So the usual safest solution for Mercy was to frequently take cover. Want her to not do that? Give her another mobility skill or some kind of self-peeling skill.
02/12/2018 01:22 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
Mercy is probably going up get reworked again at some point. Where she's at right now is just a "placeholder".

Here's a merging of what a lot of Mercy mains said they wanted, and while balancing things so she doesn't have "two ultimates".

E: Limited Valkyrie: Only fast freeflight and fast Guardian Angel, on a 30 second cooldown

Q: Instant Rez: Possibly multi-rez, with line-of-sight required, and no invulnerability.
So you know how multi-rez was removed from the game becuase you could rez an entire team? let's bring that back but now you can also fly!
So revert Mercy, then buff her. No.

Forum Moderator Note: I’m going to lock this thread. However, we encourage to continue sharing your feedback on the changes for Mercy in this topic. This is in an effort to consolidate feedback for our team.
Thank you!