Junkrat tips for every hero from a masters junkrat main

General Discussion
from the guy who made this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760637413#post-1

sorry for the wall of text you don't have to read it also I hope this doesn’t die In an hour this took me 30 minutes to write please help by keeping the thread alive

Oh shoot I forgot zenyatta rip let me fix that

I have been a junkrat player every season since season 2 and have been masters on Xbox since season 4 I stopped playing Xbox season 6 completely (I played pc and Xbox season 5) and peaked gm every season but the current comp (season season 8) and season 5 pc (due to overwatch being my first pc shooter and me getting used to the whole keyboard and mouse thing)

General tips- learn to lead your shots as junkrat (predict where the enemy will move) just like your playing pharah

In quick play disable your mines and practice leading your shots try to be less reliant on the mines just watch pvp twitch play and see how well he leads his shots

You can animation cancel junkrats reload if you punch at the end of it doing additional damage during downtime

I think the default controls are really bad so I use these

Ability 1- scroll wheel up
Ability 2- scroll wheel down
Need healing callout- X
Ult status callout- G
Attack/ defend the obj callout- Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHIbv7tKY4

^^^those controls are also good i used them for a bit but i prefer my set up

Ana- when your friendly ana sleeps on enemy throw a trap next to them and use your mines to boop them into your trap for an easy kill on tanks

rip tire can still one shot nano boosted DPS

Bastion- bastion should be your number one target if he’s on the payload dive bastion first thing because even if you do a lot of damage your passive will probably kill him

Never try to rip tire bastion if he is in turret form he will gun it down very easily

Doomfist- when doomfist charges RP at you throw down a trap he can’t punch traps so he will get trapped

Genji- when he uses dragon blade use rip tire and kill him right away even if your in the middle of battle trust me it’s worth it dragonblade is the best ultimate in the game you have to make sure it gets killed

Mccree- when he uses high noon use rip tire he can’t target it

Pharah- just avoid her she’s very hard to kill now with the new junk nerfs

Reaper- when he uses his ult you have 2 choices boop him with your mines away from your team or run into him throw your trap down and kill him with your total mayhem

Soldier: 76- same thing as mccree

Sombra- when you see sombras translocater throw a trap on top of it because it will most likely kill her instantly as most sombra wait until they are low hp to tp back

Tracer- try to play around your trap when 1v1ing tracer to potentially trap her for an easy kill

If tracer is in your face you can use a primary fire and a punch to instantly kill her

Hanzo- rip tire is very easy to hit with scatter so wait for scatter to be gone before using rip tire

You can drive into dragon strike with tire and it won’t die

Junkrat- when 1v1ing a junkrat who ever lands primary fire first will win save your mine as a finishing move

Remember you can still kill enemy tire using your mine

Mei- if mei is freezing a team mate use mine to boop her away

throw trap near ice block to insta trap her when she gets out

Torb- torbs turret will target trap before it targets you so throw down a trap to easily kill the turret

Widow- same thing with pharah avoid widow at all costs a good widowmaker will shut you down in seconds but you can use crouch to sneak up behind her and 2 shot her

Dva- dva will most likely fly at you with matrix so avoid spraying at her when she is flying at you wait for DM to be down

Orisa- when orisa uses golden (her damage resistance move) try to focus killing a different target until it is down

Reinhardt- try to go up in the reins face and spam him down most rein players will try to charge you so throw down your trap

Avoid rip tire getting fire striked it’s really annoying when that happens

Roadhog- when hog hooks a team mate hoop him back with your mine to save them

Winston- when he jumps on you throw your mine at your feet to boop him back and you back to safety

When you tire try to drive it into the winstion to bait out his ultimate but don’t blow it up

if monkey is ulting and jumping towards you throw down a trap nothing more helpful then easy ult charge on a trapped monkey

Zarya- shoot nades over the zaryas head to bait out the bubble to avoid chargeing her

Lucio- you can drive tire towards lucio and you might bait out the ult (most bad lucios do this)

when lucio yells LETS DROP THE BEAT try to boop him away from is teammates so they don't get the beat drop (or at least some of them)

Mercy- when you kill someone throw a trap on there body and hide nearby wait for the mercy to come by and rez and kill her (throw your mine first because mine boops her away stopping her from rezing)

Moira- if you are in tire and moira uses ult stay away from it because it kills tire in seconds

bait out her fade before you blow up tire her fade can block it

Sym- the same thing as torb her turrets will target trap before you

If you shoot it 2 times you can suicide on top of her ult to instantly kill it

Zenyatta- rip tire can still one shot people while his ult is active use this to counter a zen ult into a grav

Try to boop zen away from his teammates during his ultimate
Not sure what the downvotes are about, it's helpful to me at least. Thanks. :)
Don't apologize for the wall of text. Apologize for the excessive boldface. Your post would be perfectly readable if not for that.

Seriously, though, these are good tips.
01/31/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Catbus
Don't apologize for the wall of text. Apologize for the excessive boldface. Your post would be perfectly readable if not for that.

i got it sorry i like to go crazy with bold when ever i write an english essay its bold, my whole phone is bold too it just physically appeals my eyes
01/31/2018 04:38 PMPosted by par1ty
Not sure what the downvotes are about, it's helpful to me at least. Thanks. :)

people are just salty that its about junkrat trust me us junk mains are used to it
01/31/2018 04:41 PMPosted by SPGG
01/31/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Catbus

i got it
You missed one for Winston, when he's ulting, Get a trap down and lure him to it. Nothing is more ineffective then a trapped Monkey.
01/31/2018 04:44 PMPosted by CasRa
01/31/2018 04:41 PMPosted by SPGG

i got it
You missed one for Winston, when he's ulting, Get a trap down and lure him to it. Nothing is more ineffective then a trapped Monkey.

oh yeah nothing is more helpful then a trapped ulting monkey
Bump
:( this took me 30 minutes to make please don't die now
Moira - Bait out her fade when targeting her with tire
02/01/2018 12:07 PMPosted by douggiestyle

i use that out of habit
bump
Oh shoot I forgot zen lol let me add that in
02/01/2018 12:07 PMPosted by douggiestyle

ill add that one in
01/31/2018 04:21 PMPosted by SPGG
You can drive into dragon strike with tire and it won’t die

Didn't know about this one. Is it because it sees it as a buildable?

All of these are really nice tips that every Junk main should definitely know.
Most people probably know this by now, but for new Junk players, jumping before performing a mine jump will give you more height.
02/02/2018 12:24 PMPosted by HypnoToast
Most people probably know this by now, but for new Junk players, jumping before performing a mine jump will give you more height.

yeah thats why i didn't add that one in
When fighting genji and I know he's gonna dash into me a few secs in advance I like to either A) throw a trap at my feet so he'll get stuck or B) in an open area, time an mine jump exactly when he dashes so it creates distance from him and usually deals a ton of damage to him, if he's taken some damage prior you'll usually have a dead genji
these tips are actually amazing, thank you.
These are solid general tips, stuff I already know but I got a ton of hours on Junkrat so naturally it comes with time.

Genji: Throw the mine around deflect, you can still deal a bit of damage and if he's low health, you'll kill him. As Junkrat you are one of the few characters with a projectile that can easily bypass his deflect, use it to your advantage.