I climbed to Diamond, why I wont play anymore

Competitive Discussion
In seasons 2, 3, and 4, I played over 150 games, over 200 in one of them, and was stuck in the higher and lower end of Plat the whole time. In season 5, I hit Diamond. I stopped playing at 3002 and let the decay take my 2 points until the next season, when I started at 2950 or so. I climbed to 3010 and stopped. I played like 18 games in season 7. This season I got put at 3050 after placements and have had a slow and steady climb from there. I'm at 3129 now and I refuse to solo queue unless I'm about to decay, then I'll play one because I'd rather lose point for losing a game than for just simply remaining inactive.

Basically what it boils down to is I don't play comp like I used to because I don't trust this system to be fair. I'd rather play as little as possible and keep my Diamond tier than try to climb to Master and beyond because it is a crapshoot. I only play if I get a duo partner that I trust, and it is very rare that we're online at the same time. I know a duo isn't that much better than solo, but at least I know that other person will play and not troll, will use coms, wont be a Sym 1 trick, and probably wont leave the game.

What would get me to play more again? A couple of things. 1) A guild system to let me build a team from, that can possibly have some kind of online schedule to refer to for when more people should be online. That sort of thing. 2) A role preference selection, or my idea is choosing 5 "preferred heroes" and the matchmaker can put teams together with good hero variety. 3)A system that lets you opt out of the match before it begins (after a minute or 2 of hero select and having a chance to see if your team uses comms). I want a chance to say "no thank you" before a match begins without having to take a penalty.

Jeff put out there a question as to why people wont group up, and the best answer I can come up with is the game makes it too hard. A guild system would go a long way. A guild chat to talk to everyone. Individually messaging all of your friends (who are mostly in comp games at the time) gets so tedious. I try to go to discord servers (Your Overwatch and UnitLost to name a couple) and there's so few people in the lfg chats, I'm lucky if they are near my SR.
So you don't play anymore because you don't trust the system to be fair?
Yeah, you and 10019010101010 other people. Welcome to the club.
I just (try to) maintain the diamond because anything past that takes too much commitment and hard grinding and for me it's not worth it
And why is it so important to maintain the diamond level?

If you drop to plat, then what? The World will end? Will you have a smaller e-p*nis?

You better maintain that diamond level, i just talked to your mother, if you dropp back to plat ,you will get confinement.
02/03/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Tápörhárví
And why is it so important to maintain the diamond level?

If you drop to plat, then what? The World will end? Will you have a smaller e-p*nis?

You better maintain that diamond level, i just talked to your mother, if you dropp back to plat ,you will get confinement.

I toiled around in Plat for so many seasons, solo queuing just playing whenever I had the time. Then I slowed down, played with friends in duo/trio queue, picked and chose when to play and worked my way up. I worked hard for that Diamond and I don't want to throw it away in solo queue. But at the same time, I want to play more comp. If I lose the Diamond in fair and square games so be it, but right now its roll the dice and see if you get a decent team.

Main issue here I guess is the guys I was playing with aren't really on much anymore and its been hard as hell to find anyone new to play with, so if I want to play comp, solo queue is the only way to consistently play, and I hate it.
02/03/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Snakes
3)A system that lets you opt out of the match before it begins (after a minute or 2 of hero select and having a chance to see if your team uses comms). I want a chance to say "no thank you" before a match begins without having to take a penalty.

i like this