Instead of banning one tricks

General Discussion
what if Blizz just matched them with other w/ one tricks.

They'll be more comfotable with other one tricks and more open with them.
Other players that dislike them, wont have to deal with them.

I mean, theoretically if Blizz knew who were the one tricks and who were the mains and could differentiate between the two, and somehow implemented this, would this be okay? Would this solve a lot of issues?
There are vastly more mains and flex players than there are one tricks.
If you were to implement a one trick only queue, their match making would be completely screwed up.
This wouldn't really solve anything.

There isn't an equal amount of one tricks for every hero, not even for every class, and you'll commonly end up with 6 or 7 one tricks of the same hero in one game. D.Va or Mercy for example are 2 very common one tricks. I can't say I've ever seen a Soldier one trick though.

Also endless queue times in higher ranks.
02/06/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Deykar
If you were to implement a one trick only queue, their match making would be completely screwed up.

To be fair, we already have a matchmaking system that's screwed up.
02/06/2018 04:50 AMPosted by CATCHPHRASE

removing onetricks from the pool of players wouldn't make things better.
02/06/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Player
02/06/2018 04:50 AMPosted by CATCHPHRASE

removing onetricks from the pool of players wouldn't make things better.

for who? im pretty sure thats what all the flex players want.
Ladder ranking means nothing if the player pool is split in such a fashion.

Personally, I don't care who I'm match with or against. But what's the point if my rank is meaningless because it's rank among some subset of the population and thus not compareable?
02/06/2018 04:47 AMPosted by eskaN

There isn't an equal amount of one tricks for every hero, not even for every class, and you'll commonly end up with 6 or 7 one tricks of the same hero in one game. D.Va or Mercy for example are 2 very common one tricks. I can't say I've ever seen a Soldier one trick though.

I believe that's kinda the point learn to be a team player or deal with the consequences.
02/06/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Sallian
02/06/2018 04:47 AMPosted by eskaN

I believe that's kinda the point learn to be a team player or deal with the consequences.

"Learn to be a team player"

..he said, to the guy that has been playing Tank, often solo tank, in comp for 600 hours now.

I don't see the problem... can anyone show me the problem here?
02/06/2018 07:05 AMPosted by andrezovisk

I don't see the problem... can anyone show me the problem here?

OTP wouldn't be in your comp game to make you tilt and hate it. and thats a problem
i suggested this earlier this month, this would improve matchamaking for both players.

flex players wouldn't get that one troll not conforming to the other team and OTPs wouldn't get banned left and right.

so here, have an upvote!
02/06/2018 07:03 AMPosted by eskaN
02/06/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Sallian

..he said, to the guy that has been playing Tank, often solo tank, in comp for 600 hours now.

I was pointing out the logic of the proposed idea not calling you a bad teammate, people on this forum are far too defensive.
02/06/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Sallian
02/06/2018 07:03 AMPosted by eskaN

I was pointing out the logic of the proposed idea not calling you a bad teammate, people on this forum are far too defensive.
agreed, god help you if you make a joke in the year 2017+1.
02/06/2018 04:44 AMPosted by UpARayBan

I mean, theoretically if Blizz knew who were the one tricks and who were the mains and could differentiate between the two, and somehow implemented this, would this be okay? Would this solve a lot of issues?

One tricks would not be happy with this imo.
02/06/2018 04:44 AMPosted by UpARayBan

Blizzard already said with 2-3 blue post that being a one trick WONT lead to a ban.

I really do not want to be segregated, i am not sure about the others, i would absolutely say NO to your proposition.
I would rather Performance-based SR was removed. That would *hopefully* remove the source of most toxic one-tricks, leaving the ones that truly deserve to be banned and the ones who legitimately know what they are doing.