Why do people hate genji mains ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
really , i never got why its "genji mains" who ruin everything and its always their fault , would love for someome to explain.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a genji main , i am an orisa
player
Some people just assume Genji mains are one-trick weaboos, who only care about dps and potgs as they run off and attempt to 1v6. I’ve seen Genjis at my level 1v6 a lot more often than other heroes, often leaving us a man down during the next push because they got too greedy.

It’s largely just a stereotype, staying relevent due to positive reinforcment.
just because everybody wants to play genji especially younger players because well, hes a ninja.
Alot of Genji mains you meet in comp do nothing but overextend, die, spam I need healing then blame everyone else in a rather toxic manner I dont know why but Genji/Widow/Hanzo mains seem to be worse than any other main.

Actually I do know why these are heroes with very high skill ceilings and most get nowhere near it which leads certain people to complain when someone picks them and instead of being mature they pass blame onto others hoping to hide their own bad decisions before someone complains about them underperforming.
I just want his Deflect hitbox fixed
hmmmmm......

- Most of the Genji Mains are selfish
- Most of the Genji Mains complains about everythig if some1 say something bad about Genji
- Most of the Genji Mains i hv see was Toxic
- Mada Mada
- Most of the Genji Mains want to see a balannced Hero nerfed just because he/she counters Genji
- i hate Genji overrall
- I NEED HEALING, I NEED HEALING, I NEEEEEEEED HEEEAAALING

......... I dont know why i dont like Genji Mains
i mean , it still doesnt make sense to me , its not only them making mistakes in game and being toxic , from my experience , its not only genji mains who throw and become toxic , tanks and supports do too.
02/12/2018 11:31 AMPosted by NiceGenji
I just want his Deflect hitbox fixed

Or make the animation match it so we know what's safe and what will be reflected.
02/12/2018 11:33 AMPosted by ORISAFanGirl
hmmmmm......

- Most of the Genji Mains are selfish
- Most of the Genji Mains complains about everythig if some1 say something bad about Genji
- Most of the Genji Mains i hv see was Toxic
- Mada Mada
- Most of the Genji Mains want to see a balannced Hero nerfed just because he/she counters Genji
- i hate Genji overrall

i've met alot of nice genji players too , and i've met toxic/selfish genji mains too.. same goes for every other hero.
02/12/2018 11:33 AMPosted by ORISAFanGirl

I really wish there was a communication option that just says "No" for healers. After hearing that command spammed 20 times in under 10 seconds and Genji is on the other side of the map from the entire rest of the team.
I don’t get it either.
Its a stupid stereotype and I hate it.
Yes, I like to play Genji. In comp, I will instalock him. But I'm not a one trick. I will swap if I get countered.
Most people think they are just meme idiots that don't swap when countered. I think there's no problem with playing a hero at first, as long as you swap if it doesn't work.

Similarly, I don't care if people lock hanzo or widow at the start, as long as they know if it isn't working.
I don't think people hate Genji mains, I think they just hate Gengu.

And there's plenty of reasons to hate gengu.
02/12/2018 11:50 AMPosted by HiddenPants

But their hate extends way past the heroes and onto the players. That's why you hear "Genji/dps mains nerfed all the supports!".
Because he needs healing, but is also nowhere to be seen.
02/12/2018 11:50 AMPosted by HiddenPants

they do hate the genji mains and the hero.
i wouldn't have made an entire post dedicated to that topic if they didnt :P
His ult has no counter play. It's just slash slash your dead in roughly one second. Now let me fly to someone else and do it again.
02/12/2018 11:18 AMPosted by seapee
really , i never got why its "genji mains" who ruin everything and its always their fault , would love for someome to explain.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a genji main , i am an orisa
player

Haters are often impossible to understand for rational people.

The best we can do is pray for those tortured souls.
I don't mind Genji players, but i sure as hell don't like Genji.
Not saying that he's overpowered, but he's just so annoying.
probably because the difference between a good genji and a bad genji is so obvious, unlike other characters. Genji is one of those carry heros who can win fights and get work done on his own, if hes good, but with a bad player, hes a painful handicap that makes you wish the person never bought the game to begin with. Unlike other heros where a good and bad player are debatable, a good genji vs a bad genji is pretty obvious.