Why do people hate genji mains ?

General Discussion
Genji main stole my bike just before summer in elementary school. I will never forgive him. Him and all Genji mains. They are ruining society and corrupting our youth.
I don't hate them. I've met just as many nice ones as I've met toxic ones. Truth is, Genji mains are just random people. The "Genji main" stereotype cannot possibly apply to even the majority of them.
02/12/2018 11:18 AMPosted by seapee
really , i never got why its "genji mains" who ruin everything and its always their fault , would love for someome to explain.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a genji main , i am an orisa
player

I don't hate the player, I hate the hero.
People hate genji mains because they pick genji too fast dont let other to main it...(((
02/12/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Ola
02/12/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Caution
pretty sure the real reason people hate genji mains is because they main a broken and OP character that requires very little skill to play and for whatever reason seems to be immuned to getting nerfed/have his bugs fixed.

I’m sure the 20 minutes you have on genji allows you to know how “broken and OP” he is.
If he requires “very little skill” why don’t you use him to climb the ladder?
The little skill fallacies people come up with always amazes me.
and believe it or not he isn’t immune to nerfs he’s been nerfed before and had bugs fixed

A number of reasons actually. For starters I don't care about climbing the ladder, I play comp because I like playing attack and defense in one go instead of having to wait between games. Secondly climbing the ladder with OP characters isn't that enjoyable to me. Hench why I play rein, doomfist and zarya usually. On top of that genji is instalocked in almost every game. thirdly I like to leave the brokenly op characters to my fellow players who aren't as good as I am. Hence why I don't play junkrat much anymore despite him being one of my favorite characters. Finally in my 20 minutes of genji play it became clear to me how forgiving he is due to his absurd hit boxes on his abilities. Glad to see you still haven't realized how strong he is for his little skill requirements. I bet you think roadhog is a high skill floor character as well.
In the game, I hardly meet any of those "I need healing" gengus (no more than any other offense char at worst), and if I must admit irrational dislike of certain mains, it'd be Mccree mains that tend to annoy me most.

But on those forums, the only thing that somehow slowed down daily "nerf Sym" threads was Moira's release, who just took all of those requests for herself, and Genji mains look like they spearhead that movement really hard. At least Moira's balanced, but when you got constant complaints about a F-tier char being OP, it really paints a picture about who makes them.
Who says I hate Genji mains? I hate GENJI.

Though I do usually find it amusing when someone who clearly mains Genji insists that a hero that Genji doesn't have an advantage over needs a nerf.
-"I need healing" spam while across the map and no where near other teammates.
-"We need a healer" spam while theres no healers but several attack
-"Nerf ______ support/tank"

Don't hate them. Some of them are just annoying.
I won’t hate anyone for who they play. I will be upset if you are unreasonable or rude. But I’ve gotten that more from people who play my own hero than genji mains sooo...
02/12/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Caution
A number of reasons actually. For starters I don't care about climbing the ladder, I play comp because I like playing attack and defense in one go instead of having to wait between games. Secondly climbing the ladder with OP characters isn't that enjoyable to me. Hench why I play rein, doomfist and zarya usually. On top of that genji is instalocked in almost every game. thirdly I like to leave the brokenly op characters to my fellow players who aren't as good as I am. Hence why I don't play junkrat much anymore despite him being one of my favorite characters. Finally in my 20 minutes of genji play it became clear to me how forgiving he is due to his absurd hit boxes on his abilities. Glad to see you still haven't realized how strong he is for his little skill requirements. I bet you think roadhog is a high skill floor character as well.
No offense, if Genji was truly overpowered, everyone and their grandmother can easily pick him up and instantly win matches because of the advantage he brings to the table.

Also, in your skill bracket Genji has the 4th best Win-Rate behind Soldier: 76, Reaper & Tracer and the 3rd best Pick-Rate behind Solider: 76 & Tracer.

Even at Grandmaster, Genji has the 5th best Pick-Rate & Win-Rates amongst Offense heroes.

He's annoying not overpowered and even then every hero in Overwatch is annoying at some point.
02/12/2018 11:57 AMPosted by GimpdRoadhog
His ult has no counter play. It's just slash slash your dead in roughly one second. Now let me fly to someone else and do it again.

That isn't exactly true, still funny as heck when as a Mercy a Genji ulted and came right at me. He probably should have healed up because when I head-shotted him in mid flight, that was that. Probably a very angry Genji to be taken out by a Mercy :-3

Maybe he actually DID need healing after-all. But the enemy team's Genji, yeah... I'm REALLY not gonna heal an enemy Genji :-3

But Reinhardt's Hammer down or charge, "Go to sleep" from an Ana, "Scatter" from a Hanzo can normally deflate their ego, I mean take him out.
I don't hate them all, I'm just suspicious of them because I seem to have a habit of, uh, running into the... most lovely Genji's.
Genji attracts certain types of players.

I've tilted Genji mains by simply T-bagging them once, I think its says a lot about a person who actually takes that as a personal affront.
really , i never got why its "genji mains" who ruin everything and its always their fault , would love for someome to explain.
player
Honestly, it's a feedback loop of hate.

Some people hate Genji as a character (whether or not for personality or headcanon reason, we'll leave it at that) and view anyone who mains him in a negative light.

Others hate Genji players due to negative experiences during games and project that hatred onto the character himself.

In my opinion, I feel like all the hate that he's gotten since launch is a bit too much and at this point the only way people would be satisfied is if he was deleted from the game.

The fact that I have to state that I am an Ana-Main/Sombra-Main/McCree-Main (just call me a Flex player) just so that I can avoid some jerk immediately stating that "Of course the Genji-Main will complain and defend their obvious, weaboo OP character" is really sad and ridiculous to boot.
02/12/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Kootiepatra
The friction comes from a small but very vocal slice of Genji mains who interpret their own favoring of him as an innate sign of their own skill, and therefore every struggle they encounter is Not Their Fault (TM).

Aaaaah, "Dirty Pair" Fan I see :-3

Ok, Healers don't like him for spamming "I need healing" while at full health half the map away, and when they DO need healing they tend to get their healers killed or post-Nerf "Rez Me" during Mercy Ult when timer is still on cooldown.

An Insta Lock Genji in almost every game, most with under 2 hours on Genji (or slightly more) in a Competitive Match just "Learning the Hero" (can be said about Widowmaker, Hanzo, etc.). Then when countered they NEVER change off even if it would mean that say a second tank would, or could have by this point, won the game.

Many tend to bad mouth the rest of the team as being non skilled, even though they are under lever 100 (happens a LOT).

Conversely, I see a Level 200 or better I look at their stats and see how long they have played Genji. If it is mostly Genji, those are normally the good ones and I don't judge them till I see them play.
#NotAll
#ButMany
Because a Genji main (usually) is the type of person that can play other things usually, but will stay Genji into Sym/Zarya/Moira/Triple tank and never swap once.

Many are also notorious of complaining that Sym is overpowered. Sym.
Genji is in an odd position. Lore wise, love him. Hero wise he's frustrating to play against, but also very fun to play with.

Personally, I think he doesn't deserves the 3 star ranking. That should reserved for the truly difficult to not only master, but be effective with... and Genji can be effective even in unskilled hands.

His kit is forgiving compared to other heroes. His escape options are generally much stronger than most of the cast, yet gets one of the most powerful defensive, but yet still offensive, abilities in the game. His ult is considered one of the best in the game, to the point of being match changing.

It all works well with his ninja lore, but in the game... It creates problems.

It's further compounded that he's the best carry when there's a large skill-set difference, even better than Tracer. That's primarily a QP issue because QP believes a bunch a bronzes and non-comp players can beat a 4k+ Genji main (honest moment, somewhat bitter).

In the end, he creates a lot of emotional responses and creates a perception that isn't positive. For me, a lot of that blame goes to the QP match making, but also because off all the heroes, I cannot hit him. I have higher accuracy against Tracer :|

I definately want something to change (my post history makes that clear). I kind of wish match making would be better, as that would help the negative perception of him, but in the end, I see Blizzard nerfing him before admitting their match maker is flawed.
player

check this and see how broke his kit is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGJOh0KFHo&feature=youtu.be
02/12/2018 01:21 PMPosted by EpsilonKey14
02/12/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Caution
No offense, if Genji was truly overpowered, everyone and their grandmother can easily pick him up and instantly win matches because of the advantage he brings to the table.

Also, in your skill bracket Genji has the 4th best Win-Rate behind Soldier: 76, Reaper & Tracer and the 3rd best Pick-Rate behind Solider: 76 & Tracer.

Even at Grandmaster, Genji has the 5th best Pick-Rate & Win-Rates amongst Offense heroes.

He's annoying not overpowered and even then every hero in Overwatch is annoying at some point.
A prime example of why, genji players are blind. HE IS PICKED almost every game. That is the only reason he has around 50% win rate. Its called math.