Prove Genji is OP.

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17
Wow he does good dps has an untouchable hitbox due to double jump and has a deflect bigger than the animation. But when D.va has ONE ability that covers her giant critbox for 2 seconds its Op? k

Never said D.Va was OP, also if you can't hit a double jumping Genji, aim better.

02/13/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Midi
But he still takes damage. Either the sweet spot is huge, or Dash applies damage at the start.

This could very well be compensation for a bug that exists which makes Genji's hitbox seem to duplicate when he dashes, there's many examples of a Genji dashing, being WELL out of the enemy LoS on his screen and still being slept/killed/stunned by a shot fired at where he started.

Just yesterday I ulted on Eichenwalde near the first gate the payload goes through, I swung at Zenyatta and dashed him, killing him then walked into the room where the large healthpack is (The one people brawl on in FFA) and dashed to the left, after the dash had completed I got slept by an Ana, the only angle the Ana could have fired sleep from and hit me would have been into the doorway, which I was no longer infront of when I was slept. If they fix this bug that results in his hitbox becoming large/duplicating then I'd assume this 'bug' would get fixed too.
Wasn't D.Va changed because she was meant to be played differently + she ate ults? But when Genji literally deflects an ult at your team with no consequences its balanced? mmkay Kaplan
02/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by HanaSong
Wasn't D.Va changed because she was meant to be played differently + she ate ults? But when Genji literally deflects an ult at your team with no consequences its balanced? mmkay Kaplan

D.Va was changed because removing an enemy from the fight (and herself) for 4 seconds by sitting in their face wasn't good gameplay.

Nothing to do with eating ults.
02/13/2018 07:25 PMPosted by M3T4
02/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by HanaSong

D.Va was changed because removing an enemy from the fight (and herself) for 4 seconds by sitting in their face wasn't good gameplay.

But isn't the job of a tank to mitigate damage?
02/13/2018 07:28 PMPosted by HanaSong
02/13/2018 07:25 PMPosted by M3T4

But isn't the job of a tank to mitigate damage?

She can still do that, she just can't sit infront of someone for 4 seconds straight while they can't do anything.
02/13/2018 07:20 PMPosted by M3T4
This could very well be compensation for a bug that exists which makes Genji's hitbox seem to duplicate when he dashes, there's many examples of a Genji dashing, being WELL out of the enemy LoS on his screen and still being slept/killed/stunned by a shot fired at where he started.
No idea, to be honest, I've never seen it before, or heard of it.

Any video proof of it?

But regardless of compensation or not, Dash does appear to do it's damage at the start of the action. Going back to the original thread, this means there is no gap where's he's vulnerable dashing from a deflect.
02/13/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Midi
this means there is no gap where's he's vulnerable dashing from a deflect.

Shoot him during it, you can still kill him.

EDIT: https://imgur.com/ly52uox

Genji dying to a scatter when behind Hanzo and then rubberbanding back infront of him, which implies the game placed him infront of the Hanzo not behind.
02/12/2018 02:55 PMPosted by M3T4
Go ahead, I'll wait.

Just so you know, his deflect hitbox doesn't make him OP, D.Va's DM Matrix is larger than the visual too, so if this somehow makes him OP then it makes D.Va OP too, either both are OP for this reason or neither is.
"never said D.va was OP"
Go ahead, I'll wait.

Just so you know, his deflect hitbox doesn't make him OP, D.Va's DM Matrix is larger than the visual too, so if this somehow makes him OP then it makes D.Va OP too, either both are OP for this reason or neither is.

I don’t think Genji is op. Gengi mains just think everyone else is op and needs a nerf
02/13/2018 07:35 PMPosted by HanaSong
Go ahead, I'll wait.

"never said D.va was OP"

I said that if Genji is OP, so is D.Va, you can't have it both ways.

I believe neither are OP.

People using Deflect's small visual as a reason for Genji being OP can't have it both ways, either everyone with a misleading visual is OP or none of them are OP.

I think neither are OP.
02/13/2018 07:37 PMPosted by cheeseyCakez
Go ahead, I'll wait.

I don’t think Genji is op. Gengi mains just think everyone else is op and needs a nerf

Like how almost every other thread about moira needs nerf is from genji mains, and complain about her hitbox is tiny and has fade then if i go with OP's logic then shoot at her after she finishes fade and "Aim better"
02/13/2018 08:10 PMPosted by McCrow
Like how almost every other thread about moira needs nerf is from genji mains

Even winz, ex-Rogue Flex player thinks Moira is 'grossly overpowered'

Sure, on these forums Genji mains request Moira nerfs, but it's not just Genji mains who want her nerfed.
If Genji can be easily countered by "better aim" explain why Goeff Goodman himself said double jump is something he regrets adding to the game because of how powerful it is?
My biggest deal with Genji is the players boasts him as a high skill hero when he has the most get-out-of-trouble card (double jump, wall climb, dash, deflect). He is high skill - at landing hits - but not so sure about surviving. I just feel he is very forgiving for players with high mech skills but low game sense.

Symmetra was actually nerfed prior to launch because Genji was too OP with Symm's 75hp shield since it is so hard to burst damage Genji before he whip out a defensive ability and self healed.

But then again - Im a Mercy bronze main... my opinion dont matter
Genji is OP because he can deflect almost the entire OW hero's ults and his dash resets on every kill OR kill assist. EVERY Genji main spams double jump, which probably the most pushed button ever, which allows them to be super annoying in trying to hit him. Along with double jumping they can wall climb (WOW a second passive, so not stupid at all) which allows them to have more run away or ult you from above options. That all I have.
-Wolfy
02/13/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Wolfy
(WOW a second passive, so not stupid at all)

Double Jump and Wallclimb are the same passive, not 2 separate passives

02/13/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Wolfy
his dash resets on every kill OR kill assist.

So? He's not punished for working with his team, what's wrong with that?
02/13/2018 08:16 PMPosted by M3T4
02/13/2018 08:10 PMPosted by McCrow
Like how almost every other thread about moira needs nerf is from genji mains

Even winz, ex-Rogue Flex player thinks Moira is 'grossly overpowered'

Sure, on these forums Genji mains request Moira nerfs, but it's not just Genji mains who want her nerfed.

Grossly Overpower hehe the key word is they "think" but cant prove that she is OP.

And i said "mostly" not all and yeah you can add tracer mains aswell to the list.
02/12/2018 05:11 PMPosted by WildElements
He needs fixes. Deflecting through walls is a problem. To say otherwise shows that you are being intentionally ignorant. Which is bad.
this proves people get angry for no reason lol this was already patched yet you use it as a point.
Here's another person post on Genji blocking Soldier gun when it's not even aiming at him. Soldier is aimming at mccree down below. Just interesting to see how Genji's hitbox currently works.

https://gfycat.com/WhoppingFilthyGlassfrog