Placing us with Diamonds

General Discussion
Hi, iam just wondering whats happening with placements. Me and my friend are just doing them and we werent in Diamond pretty much since launch, we were travelling from Masters to top 500 and back since S1 to S7 and ended S7 at one of our lowest 3600 SR.

But still our first 2 games were 3200 rank (played both different day). Iam not complaining i just dont get it, we won them both so far but these games were weird, it was more about which one of us will score more picks like competition between us which isnt really point of competitive.

What could cause this? I dont understand and we werent searching for a long time either. I want to play around my rank. And iam also afraid it could harm our SR after placements possibly?

Any ideas? Its odd, didnt have this experience before. Thanks!
What is going on? 5th game now, never team over 3500 against us. I mean its 5-0 for us so far but these games are odd and unfair.

Why it stopped putting us against our rank? :O I want challenge, this is really strange....
02/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Ares
Hi, iam just wondering whats happening with placements. Me and my friend are just doing them and we werent in Diamond pretty much since launch, we were travelling from Masters to top 500 and back since S1 to S7 and ended S7 at one of our lowest 3600 SR.

But still our first 2 games were 3200 rank (played both different day). Iam not complaining i just dont get it, we won them both so far but these games were weird, it was more about which one of us will score more picks like competition between us which isnt really point of competitive.

What could cause this? I dont understand and we werent searching for a long time either. I want to play around my rank. And iam also afraid it could harm our SR after placements possibly?

The pro player Soon was placed diamond this season on a new account , it really is just how good you are
02/11/2018 01:47 PMPosted by EXoticMXred
02/06/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Ares

The pro player Soon was placed diamond this season on a new account , it really is just how good you are

Well that doesnt answer my question, you cant get mid grandmaster on fresh account even if you did godly 10 games, it just how it works.

Iam more worried why my games are messed up :/.
Have you decayed at all?

I was 4.3k in season 5 and decayed halfway through the season.

Placed 3.9k in season 6 and decayed after placements.

Season 7 I placed 3.4k and decayed after placements.

This season I placed low diamond despite getting matched up with GMs and masters during placements. I was hoping my MMR would place me higher but apparently it doesn't work like that if you decay multiple seasons in a row.

Whats funny is I have a sub 50% win rate and I'm still climbing despite the lack of PBSR.
02/11/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Kilo
Have you decayed at all?

I was 4.3k in season 5 and decayed halfway through the season.

Placed 3.9k in season 6 and decayed after placements.

Season 7 I placed 3.4k and decayed after placements.

This season I placed low diamond despite getting matched up with GMs and masters during placements. I was hoping my MMR would place me higher but apparently it doesn't work like that if you decay multiple seasons in a row.

Whats funny is I have a sub 50% win rate and I'm still climbing despite the lack of PBSR.

I didnt decay. I was looking through some other friends and placements looks really messed up this time, my friend got 300 SR higher then his previous carreer high after 1-9 placements with terrible stats.

We are constanly playing against Diamond despite us not touching Diamond for over a year.

I dont understand this, it seems even worse then usually? Something has to be broken