"6 New Skins, Over 50 New Items"

General Discussion
Am i the only one disappointed by this??
For all previous events there were 8 or more skins (It was 7 + Orisa Legendary Emote for Winter Wonderland) + more than 100 new items. And this time they will release only 6 new skins and ~50 new items.

Sure they are releasing new CTF map but honestly... that mode was pretty meh as i remember and i am not really sure do i care about new map being CTF only. I wish they released new regular map instead.

Mercy, Genji and Widow are confirmed. And i am not really a fan of Widow skin. So that's only 3 more skins. This even being 4 weeks long... i feel like this won't be enough to keep ppl interested honestly.
To be fair, almost 50 of those other items were a second spray and second voiceline for each character.

They have cheaped out on skins though, when it used to be 12 or more skins per event.
i dont care that much. i get a maximum of one event skin per event by playing casually. if im lucky.
Geeeeeee gosh idk we just did bliz world with some of the highest quality skins
Not to mention blizzard world wasn’t an event for whatever reason you guys think other wise
Player icons and universal sprays are gonna take that number down even lower.
6 skins isn't too bad, until you realized they also watered down the loot table with spray/voicelines.
The previous update was 17 skins. This event has 6 skins. That's 23/26 heroes getting a new skin in one month.

I'm not complaining.
I'm still grinding for all of those items in the massive cosmetic dump we got with Blizzneyland. I'm not going to lose any interest over having only 50 new items added tomorrow.
Jeff said 6 legendary skins right, that doesnt necessarily mean there arent any epics? Tracers skins last CNY wasnt legendary... The event this time is evidently more centered around CTF though, with it being ranked and 4 weeks long...
Where have you been? They were doing half the items since the last year.
02/07/2018 03:31 AMPosted by dradventure
Geeeeeee gosh idk we just did bliz world with some of the highest quality skins
As much as I agree that 6 skins seems like a real downgrade for this event, I think that this is perhaps the reason... Their skin design team must have had less time to dedicate to the Lunar New Year skins after having created the Blizzard crossover skins...
02/07/2018 03:40 AMPosted by Mango
Jeff said 6 legendary skins right, that doesnt necessarily mean there arent any epics? Tracers skins last CNY wasnt legendary... The event this time is evidently more centered around CTF though, with it being ranked and 4 weeks long...

That's a really good point. We may have some Epic skins, too. And they're usually just as good. Rose for Tracer is still one of my all-time favorites.
I am not disappointed tbh.

They have been working on the Christmas event , the Blizzworld event , E-sports , they had to think about how to rework Mercy ( quite a few times ) and Junkrat and they already hinted that they are trying to fix Hanzo's scatter , Moira and a few other heroes....they also hinted that they are working on the 27th hero.....it's honestly a lot of skins , maps , creation and balancing work sum'd up in one-two months ; they did not materially have so much time to design a lot of new stuff .
I am glad we are getting a new map and a few new skins, that's it. I'd rather have them focus on the game's balance but I'd lie if I were to say I was not waiting for the year of the dog event myself.
In any case, whether you like CTF or not is subjective , I love it for example.
Genji and Mercy haven't got any new skins in a while ( altough the ones they have are really cool already ) while Idk why Widow needed a new one right after getting her Nova skin...still...there's 3 more heroes to go so we'll see.
I'm actually happy there are fewer skins. After so much time of playing OW, events and the grind for new things are a drag for me. I'd rather get some real content in the game than skins, voicelines and a !@#$ton of sprays barely anybody cares about.
Sprays/voice lines are white items so they don't affect your chances at getting skins at all
02/07/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Scynt
To be fair, almost 50 of those other items were a second spray and second voiceline for each character.

They have cheaped out on skins though, when it used to be 12 or more skins per event.

To be fair, we already got Blizzworld, hence the lack of skins
The new year event is my favourite, I'm just happy were getting more cosmetics for it ^.^
If there's some epics in there, I'm ok.
If Thailand isn't' a limited map, I will be perfectly fine with it.
https://youtu.be/B9nVxg3DqAM?t=3m40s

"There are six amazing legendary skins"
6 legendary skins does not mean the event will only have 6 skins. There are still epics skins, and I believe that the widowmaker skin from the thumbnail is one of them.